Cruise Critic Community
coop2

Private driver/tour Amalfi Coast

We dock in Sorrento May 31 for the day. Want a good tour for my wife and me. Know one ???

I also suggest you post this request on the Europe Ports of call board and then go to the Italy board.

Nancy

Do look at the ports of call on CC and read about other people's experiences. There are several tour people in Italy that are superb. Ask your TA to recommend one for you. He/She probably belongs to a group that has excellent tours available. joyous

We dock in Sorrento May 31 for the day. Want a good tour for my wife and me. Know one ???

Do what we did from/to our hotel in Positano in October 2007, and are going to do when Crystal Serenity is in Sorrento on October 14:

Private car & driver to Pompei

2 hour private guided tour of the ruins of Pompei

Drive to the hillside village of Ravello

Lunch at Cumpa' Cosimo

Visit Villa Cimbrone: http://www.villacimbrone.com/en/tour.php

Return to Sorrento via Amalfi Way

That day was the highlight of our two week holiday in Italy, and we want my brother & sister in law to experience this for themselves when they sail with us in October.

It will be a "full-on" day for you, but you can do all of it and still be back on board the ship in time. I can't recommend this highly enough (as I recently stated on a separate thread).

We did this on our last Symphony cruise and it was a wonderful day. We used Renato Cuomo http://www.cuomonet.it . He picked us up right at the pier, got us to Pompeii before the crowds and found a wonderful guide for a two hour tour. Then we went to the coast and visited all the marvelous towns along the way. He would drop us off and pick us up whenever we wanted. Ravello, Amalfi, Positano etc. It was so easy and my husband could enjoy it too and not have to worry about the road and traffic! I would love to do it again.

Paula

Yes, Marcello of SeeSorrento:

http://www.seesorrento.com/index_eng.html

He is well reviewed on this board and we had an excellent day with him on our Cruise stop in April 2009.

Thanks to your recommendation Friscorays, we've been in contact with Marcello of Seesorrento, and have booked him for the day when 0324 stops in Sorrento on October 14th.

I'm sure that my brother & sister in law will be impressed with what they're going to experience while ashore in Pompei and on the Amalfi Coast...!