zazou

Royston tours - loved Ashton and St-Kitts (Pictures)

Hello,

Just want to do a review with a lot of pictures to tell you how much we had appreciate our tour with Ashton of Royston tours. :) We highly recommend him. Ashton is Royston's cousin and his tour was the best of our cruise and everybody in our family agree. It's was only him with husband, 2 daughters and myself. (40$ by adults and 30$ by kids). We were suppose to do some snorkeling but we were burned badly on Barbados and didn't felt like doing that. Ashton was fine with it and suggested us to do a complete tour of the island and stop a beach if we feel like it on the run. Boy, that was a great idea, St-Kitt's is beautiful!

Here is the meeting point at the port:

IMG_3304.jpg

Here is Ashton:

IMG_3175.jpg

He's van was very big and with AC. He also have a cooler with him full of beer, cola, water. Here is a picture:

IMG_3184.jpg

We both love historical facts and to learn about how the people of the Island live and Ashton greatly supplies informations. This was very informative.

We even met Royston with his own group and the Fort and they also seem to enjoy themself. We also met Thetford Grey's group and I was feeling lucky to not have been with him. His van was very full and the group didn't seem to have fun.

Since I was telling him that we never have tasted any sugar cane, he stop in a field to get some for us. My daughters are still talking about this.

Some pictures of our tour:

Basseterre:

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

Bristone Hill: A fort

IMG_3230.jpg

Caribelle Batik: A beautiful garden and batik shoppe

IMG_3194.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

P1000519.jpg

Black Rocks:

IMG_3258.jpg

The girls wanted to see a monkey:

IMG_3268.jpg

others places:

IMG_3279.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

a well know bar

IMG_3285.jpg

the rainforest

P1000527.jpg

A tips, bring your camera since there is so many oportunity for pictures. I have over 75 pictures just from this tour.

Also, really like the shopping at St-Kitt's at the port. There is even a little shop at the end of the pier who sell Coach purse at 40$... really worth it (you can negotiate the price).

You can reach Ashton by Royston email: roystontours@hotmail.com.

I hope you will pardon my many English grammar errors, I'm still in the process to learn it :)

Edited by zazou

I am pulling ideas together for July cruise and idea of a/c van and great tour guide looks like this may be it!

Question- did you visit

1.)brimstone Fort- wondering how close and walking it is- have a father 68yrs with heart condition & bad knee but can walk, just wondering amount of fitness needed (since our cruise will be early July)as far as stairs or slope upward?

2.)nature reserve (salt flats,bird area) -lloking to see Pelicans

Highlite not to miss?

3.)what was cost for your family ,I assume just your family was in van? -did you set it up as private tour

and way to set up tour -email you posted, or do they have a website?--thanks Suzy

thanks for photos you are adding as I type!

Edited by buffetfan
typos

1.)brimstone Fort- wondering how close and walking it is- have a father 68yrs with heart condition & bad knee but can walk, just wondering amount of fitness needed (since our cruise will be early July)as far as stairs or slope upward?

2.)nature reserve (salt flats,bird area) -lloking to see Pelicans

Highlite not to miss?

3.)what was cost for your family ,I assume just your family was in van? -did you set it up as private tour

and way to set up tour -email you posted, or do they have a website?--thanks Suzy

thanks for photos you are adding as I type!

brimstone Fort- wondering how close and walking it is?

If you looked at my fort's picture, the parking would have been just above the road. Very near the fort. But you need to be able to climb many steps and the steps are unusual since they are inclined... This is a cross between a stairway and a paved path. It's not that long, I guess it was 3 minutes for us.

You can see it better here:

IMG_3210.jpg

another picture of the fort:

IMG_3219.jpg

About the wild life, you will see a lot of them, many kind of birds, of flowers and monkeys.

The price was 40$ by adults and 30$ by kids. The tour was 4.5 hours since we wanted to do some shopping.

I will upload my photos soon in a sharing site and will send you the address.

Edited by zazou

Would this tour be appropriate for 60 and 60+ year olds some of who have some difficulty with climbing steps?

We would be a party of 5 adults. What is the cost per person and how do we reserve it? Is a deposit necessary? How long is the tour? Does it stop anywhere to get food as we would have 2 diabetics with us?

We would be arriving in early November on Explorer of the Seas.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Would this tour be appropriate for 60 and 60+ year olds some of who have some difficulty with climbing steps?

We would be a party of 5 adults. What is the cost per person and how do we reserve it? Is a deposit necessary? How long is the tour? Does it stop anywhere to get food as we would have 2 diabetics with us?

We would be arriving in early November on Explorer of the Seas.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

1. Yes it would be appropriate- I have bad knees, our friend has a bad back and we did Brimstone. It is possible to do the stairs very slowly (we saw a couple of QUITE elderly people (I would guess 80s) just doing the stairs VERY slowly and carefully).

2. The cost varies depending on the number of people, contact Royston and he will give you a quote (if I can find his email, I will tell you what he told us)

3. Royston supples cold drinks and a snack. If you go with him, I would let him know any special needs that you have. He is VERY accomodating and will customize the tour to your interests and needs. Basically, he is at your disposal for as long (or short) a tour as you want - VERY flexible.

NOTE: Royston's van is NOT air-conditioned (he pops out the windows which makes for great photo taking). We found the breeziness of no windows made air conditioning unnecessary BUT if you must have air-conditioning, you might want to ask if you could have Ashton and the air-conditioned van.

Rates Royston quoted us:

6 people - $30 each

4 People - $40 each

3 People - $50 each

Edited by Zeno
found email

We also had Ashton as our guide and had a wonderful day with him! He has so much local knowledge and also has a sense of humor. He seems to really enjoy his job! While on our tour, he climbed a tree to pick some fruit for us to try! He also stopped and picked various plants for us to handle and smell and made it into a game for us to guess what the plants were. If you are lucky enough to have him as your guide you will surely have a good day. Tip him generously!:D

Thanks to those of you that provided some great reviews and photos.

I am looking for tour ideas for our cruise next April. This was a big help.

1. Yes it would be appropriate- I have bad knees, our friend has a bad back and we did Brimstone. It is possible to do the stairs very slowly (we saw a couple of QUITE elderly people (I would guess 80s) just doing the stairs VERY slowly and carefully).

2. The cost varies depending on the number of people, contact Royston and he will give you a quote (if I can find his email, I will tell you what he told us)

3. Royston supples cold drinks and a snack. If you go with him, I would let him know any special needs that you have. He is VERY accomodating and will customize the tour to your interests and needs. Basically, he is at your disposal for as long (or short) a tour as you want - VERY flexible.

NOTE: Royston's van is NOT air-conditioned (he pops out the windows which makes for great photo taking). We found the breeziness of no windows made air conditioning unnecessary BUT if you must have air-conditioning, you might want to ask if you could have Ashton and the air-conditioned van.

Rates Royston quoted us:

6 people - $30 each

4 People - $40 each

3 People - $50 each

On his website he has the half island tour at $40 per person and the full island tour as $80 per person. Do you know the differences between the two? Is the half island tour enough?

On his website he has the half island tour at $40 per person and the full island tour as $80 per person. Do you know the differences between the two? Is the half island tour enough?

I don't know the difference - we just asked him for a quote for the time and sites we wanted to see.

To me Brimstone Hill fortress would be the number one sight NOT to miss.

for us, we didn't even do what we were quote for. When we made a reservation with them, we thought that we would enjoy a 2-3 hours tour of the island and after that going snorkeling but we were so sunburn from Barbados, that we didn't want to go near the beaches at St-Kitt's. Ashton was very accommoding and play by ear with us. Since my husband and I love history, he show us a lot of great historical place and talked with us about the story of the island. I think that we had the full tour.

In April we did the full tour with Ashton. I had put together a group on our ship . We had 12 people and we paid $25 pp that included snacks and cold drinks.

My husband and I climbed the stairs at Brimstone. I am 68 and had a double knee replacement 2-1/2 years ago. My husband is 77. We had no problems.

When Ashton took us to see where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean it was facinating. The tour was one of the best we ever had.

Thanks for the wonderful review and photos. Ashton's tour looks like just what I am looking for . Did someone say they were posting even more photos on a photo site ? I would love to see more. Is there a website for Ashton,or should I just email him. Do you pay there or in advance? Thanks.

Hello,

You can book with him by emailing his cousin Royston: roystontours@hotmail.com . Aston work for his cousin. I don't know if they have a website but I found this:

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-adventure-with-royston-tours.html

You pay only at the end of the tour.

You will have a great time with them, I'm sure!

Thank you, I contacted Royston and he replied within 48 hours. I am excited about the tour. I appreciate your help.

My thanks also. We already booked a tour with Royston with another couple on our cruise and now I'm more excited than ever. Love your photos!

Hello!

How did you end up booking w/Royston? I've sent an email, but haven't received a response, and it's been a week.

Thanks!--CeleBrat

Hello,

You can book with him by emailing his cousin Royston: roystontours@hotmail.com . Aston work for his cousin. I don't know if they have a website but I found this:

http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-adventure-with-royston-tours.html

You pay only at the end of the tour.

You will have a great time with them, I'm sure!

You should try again to email, sometime in the Island internet is not reliable.

I had a answer to my inquiry in about 3 days.

I'm looking hard at booking with Ashton but want to know how many people will his van fit comfortably? I've got a group of 8-10 going and don't want to be "squished" in. Also what does he charge for groups of 8 or more? Royston told me $40 p/p for 6 of us, but I am hoping the price goes down with more. I saw somewhere that someone else paid $25 p/p with a group of 12.

I'm looking hard at booking with Ashton but want to know how many people will his van fit comfortably? I've got a group of 8-10 going and don't want to be "squished" in. Also what does he charge for groups of 8 or more? Royston told me $40 p/p for 6 of us, but I am hoping the price goes down with more. I saw somewhere that someone else paid $25 p/p with a group of 12.

I booked a tour with Ashton for November. He told me 13 fits comfortably in his van. Currently I have 12 people on our tour and he dropped his price to $30.00 per person.

I am interested by an island tour and beach/snorkeling after. If Royston/Ashton take you to the beach I assume they also pick you up and return you to the ship?

I found his website HERE.:cool:

Either one will be YOUR guide for your trip. They will be there to bring you back to the ship.

They will stay with you all day and watch your stuff when you will snorkel. You can do a half day snorkeling and half day tour... the better of both world :)... but I must say that I didn't miss the snorkeling because the island is so beautiful.