Labadee Cabana's

Hap

We are on the Freedom of the Seas next Sunday March 21. Can someone tell me if the cabana's on Labadee are first come first serve (free) or do you have to pay for them? If you have to pay for them, can you tell me how much they are?

Thanks.

Did some searching, only came up with bit's and pieces.

Looking for info on Labadee's new private beach (barefoot beach) for Suite Guests only. (?) Anyone use this beach? Pictures? Review?

We will be in a GS next cruise and stopping at Labadee so info would be appreciated.

Been to Labadee before, but years ago before the improvements.

They are only for passengers in Jr suites and above, and I believe they cost $150 for the day

My understanding is that they are for GS and above..once again the JS's aren't "sweet" enough...:rolleyes:

We visited Labadee on the LOS two weeks ago. It was our favorite stop. The private beach is for suite guests above Junior Suite (what we had) yet if they have available unused cabanas then anyone can rent one for the day starting at $150 for the basic cabana. The ones closer to the water or bigger in size are a little more.

The price includes a "floatie", the use of the cabana and a beach chair for laying out near the water. Drinks are paid for using your sign and sail card and of course a BBQ lunch was served that was very tasty.

The water is amazing and the beach is sandy and beautiful. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The whole resort area is well maintained and nicely structured. You can save money by visiting the other beaches which are just as nice.

We will be there in a few months, staying in a GS. I understand that if you want a cabana, you would reserve one with the Concierge before arriving at Labadee.

Having not seen one, you are being asked to pay $150 before.

In your opinion, is it worth it?

No cabanas at Columbus Cove (they are only on the beach that is exclusively for suite passengers) -- there is plenty of shade available, though. The beach on the other side of the peninsula is a lot more crowded, and has NO shade available. They have planted baby palm trees, so there will be shade there eventually.

We were just in Labadee on Thursday and loved it. We were in a GS and yes the Barefoot Beach area is only for GS and above which is where the cabanas are. And you do have to arrange it through the concierge. He had a couple still available a day or two before we got to Labadee. We were in one of the cabana's with friends and it was great having that shade. Also, there are two cabanas that are not available (over the water on stilts) due to damage from the earthquake. Also the cabanas are $150 and $175 depending on size and location. We may rent one when we go back next time in Dec 2011.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in October and there was no charge, but I expected that to change as there were signs saying "suite guests" but not yet enforced. I am attaching pictures that we took that day and it was one of the best stops, cabanas helped. Not sure I would pay 150 for them but if you have the means they are the nicest spot on the island.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cboehl11/CruiseOct0902?feat=directlink#5398950904868120930

We were there in October and there was no charge, but I expected that to change as there were signs saying "suite guests" but not yet enforced. I am attaching pictures that we took that day and it was one of the best stops, cabanas helped. Not sure I would pay 150 for them but if you have the means they are the nicest spot on the island.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cboehl11/CruiseOct0902?feat=directlink#5398950904868120930

Very Nice Indeed. I see you were there on the Grandeur. Not a very large ship. I imagine Labadee was not very crowded at all. We will be there on the Enchantment. Another small ship.

As I said above we were there two weeks ago and suite area is enforced and cabanas are at cost. The area is monitored and everyone is greeted by staff at the entrance. No one except GS and above can get into the area.

We will be staying in a Royal Family suite in November. Will that be "sweet enough"? The last time we went to Labadee none of this was available. I think the cabana would be a great place for the five of us to come and go from.

GS and above, so yes you have access. If you want to rent a cabana, just talk to the concierge and arrange it. The nice thing is there's shade and padded chairs/loungers.

So a question about Labadee- what's your favorite aspect of it? As compared to similar ports of call- what stands out as special about Labadee? Anything that you don't like about it, that is better elsewhere...?

We're trying to decide which cruise we take, and want to know what people like about Labadee to see if it fits!

thanks in advance, looking forward to hear what you like about it.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there in March 2009, so it was before the pier and other new additions were finished. I was a very nice stop then, and I can't wait to see how things are now. It was a nice beach day then. The zip line is the longest over the water zip in the Caribbean and is supposed to be a lot of fun. The BBQ was good. We went to Malfini Beach in the morning and back to Labadee for the remainder of the day. The markets there are also a good place to pick up a little souvenir.

Labadee is just very relaxing. You can do absolutely nothing other than hang out at the beach all day (as we did) or take an excursion (there's a few), discover the area-we'll do that next trip. Everyone we talked to said the same thing-they wanted to do 2 days in Labadee and drop Samana, DR. It's just a beautiful location and a great place to just relax.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived