Grand Turk golf cart rental?

River_Rat

I e-mailed Nathan my cc info 3 days ago to rent 2 carts for 8/24. Still waiting for confirmation. He replied to my last e-mail in 2 days. How long does it usually take for confirmation? My cc hasn't been billed yet.

I had the exact same problem! I called him after about 3 days and he e-mailed me a short sentence, "Confirmed."

We have also rented a golf cart for our Aug. 22 cruise. The pictures in the Destiny posting were just gorgeous. Here is the only site I could find that had a "somewhat" road map for Grand Turk. There is also some great island info there.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Nathan said that we where to find him, that he would give us some quick information on the cart, and a map and send us out to have fun.

He sounds like a really nice guy.

I also called him to give me my CC number as I didn't want to email it. He didn't answer so I left a message that I'd call back (why make him pay for the call, right?) But a few minutes later - he must have gotten my number off caller ID and he called.... and ran the charge right then and there - giving me a verbal confirmation that it went through just fine.

I can't wait!

I had the exact same problem! I called him after about 3 days and he e-mailed me a short sentence, "Confirmed."

He e-mailed me this morning confirming the golf carts and also confirming that we would be refunded if the ship does not dock. He must be busy. I was just getting worried because my cc info was in the e-mail.

We were in Grand Turk last Aug and rented from nathan. We needed three carts so we were able to bargain with him. I think we paid $50 per cart. We are going back again this year and will need 5-6 so perhaps we can make a deal.

Nathan said that we where to find him, that he would give us some quick information on the cart, and a map and send us out to have fun.

He sounds like a really nice guy.

I also called him to give me my CC number as I didn't want to email it. He didn't answer so I left a message that I'd call back (why make him pay for the call, right?) But a few minutes later - he must have gotten my number off caller ID and he called.... and ran the charge right then and there - giving me a verbal confirmation that it went through just fine.

I can't wait!

Where did he tell you to meet him? I din't think to ask!!!:eek:

I just realized I asked him and he didn't reply to that question in the email! Someone did a review and gave a detailed description with pics of where to find him...I will find it...

From all the great posts that i have read, we will be getting a golf cart from nathan to see some of the island, then stop by jacks shack for a few cold drinks. Pick up a bottle or two of Bambarra rum and back to the boat.

Can't wait till 11 sep leaving on carnival fantasy our of charlston, sc.

I am on The Grand Princess on the Dec 6 sailing and the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston on the Oct 25 and 30 sailings. Cruising really is a small world!

Thank you all for the information on golf carts. I have emailed Nathen and will take the info back to my roll call.

• 2 weeks later...

Walk out the entrance to the cruise terminal along the only road exiting it. (Basically, follow the road out from the taxi stand). It's not real hard. Heck, you can see the golf carts lined up as you sail into Grand Turk if you look for them.

Gotta admit, this really turned out to be a lot of fun.

We rented from Nathan when we were there in 2009. We are a couple of seniors and I was a little leary but DH thought it sounded like fun. When we got to the taxi stand we weren't sure where to go so we asked a fellow there hailing cabs. It seems everyone there knows Nathan and he also has a taxi business. We walked out across the parking lot and there was our cart waiting for us. Nathan was busy with his taxi and a couple of young guys were there. We drove the cart to the lighthouse and on the way there we were chased by a dog:eek:, saw horses and cows roaming the street. Got lost and some nice fellow showed us the way to the lighthouse. It was a lot of fun. When we got back we went in the little shops at the port and hung out by the Margaritaville pool. It was a great experience.

I have been communicating with Nathan for awhile regarding a cart rental. He is asking for me to send him my CC info via email so one can be reserved.

I am just not fond of sending out my CC info to just anyone, espically through emails. Has anyone else done this?? Any problems?? Thoughts and suggestions would be great.

I have been communicating with Nathan for awhile regarding a cart rental. He is asking for me to send him my CC info via email so one can be reserved.

I am just not fond of sending out my CC info to just anyone, espically through emails. Has anyone else done this?? Any problems?? Thoughts and suggestions would be great.

Post #52 on this thread says he gave Nathan a cc number over the phone because he did not want to email it either. You may want to do it that way. I am going to us a debit card that is not linked to my cc when I book for April:D

Just found this on another thread....

They can be rented thru a local guy, Nathan Smith. His contact info is:

nathanandlinda@tciway.tc & the # is 649-231-4856 . I was leary because he charges your credit card in advance when you reserve, but the transaction was flawless and our cart was ready as promised. We had a blast. I haven't seen anyone who has had a problem.

Edited by reno3

How much was it for the day?

It was $80 for up to 4 people plus about $5 for gas. I too called him with my CC#.

You walk out of the shopping area toward the left through the parking lot. We stayed under the canopy to avoid the sun but you could cut off a few feet in you cut through the parking lot heading to the left to the road. Once on the road, you will see a small guard shack. Nathan and the carts will be waiting there. You CAN Not drive the carts onto the Pier Terminal area.

We got back from our cruise on Friday and had a great time in Grand Turk! Finding the golf carts was easy using the directions from the Destiny review. We just drove along the main road. We didn't find the lighthouse or Jack's Shack, but we didn't want to spend all of our time driving around because we also rented a cabana at Margaritaville and ended up getting off the ship late because of miscommunication within our group. We saw some donkey's, horses, flamingo's and dogs. We were able to drive right up next to the donkey's and horses...they must be used to tourists because they didn't budge. It was fun driving along and looking around. My husband, parents and I were in one cart and my brother (19) and his 2 friends were in another....even they enjoyed driving around in the cart! Some of the houses and buildings are gorgeous, and some you can tell have not been rebuilt since the hurricane. The people are very friendly and waved to us as we drove by.

We rented a golf cart from Nathan in May and had a great time. We used our credit card - don't use a debit card, too hard to get a refund if you have a problem, but I don't expect you will with Nathan. We also gave him $10 when we turned in the cart instead of filling up with gas. Jack's Shack is not too far from where you pick up the golf cart, you have to look closely for the sign to turn off the main road. The lighthouse is at the other end of the island. Be sure to go to Jack's Shack on the way BACK to the boat, otherwise you may not make it to the lighthouse;)

We are looking forward to renting the golf carts. We've been to Grand Turk before and even though we've visited the few places already we're looking forward to driving around in the golf carts and having a relaxing day.

Forgot to ask....for those not use to driving on the left side was it easy to get use to? Is there a lot of traffic?

Last time we were there we took a tour so didn't really pay attention to the roads or driving.

We have also rented a golf cart for our Aug. 22 cruise. The pictures in the Destiny posting were just gorgeous. Here is the only site I could find that had a "somewhat" road map for Grand Turk. There is also some great island info there.

http://www.grandturkcc.com/

Just wondering if you drove the golf carts in downtown GT or just toward the lighthouse, Jacks etc. Was thinking of going into town if we are allowed and tour Conch World on own. Are we restricted in where we are allowed to go with the golf carts

Thank you

Chris

Honestly, if there is a "downtown" we did not see it. We drove past a new hospital, a new cluster of commercial buildings (bank, etc.) one gas station, a home improvement center they called Home Depot, the museum, a school and a pretty village that was built around a pond in the center of the island. These were not clustered together, but were spread out along the main street - which I think was Pond Street. We had a wonderful time getting lost and laughing everytime our cart backfired!!! We were afraid the residents would think it was gun shots! :eek: The views from the lighthouse at the north end of the island were beautiful. We were not able to find Governor's Beach or the Bohio Dive Resort. The map I printed out and the one Nathan gave us were not much help because there were very few street signs and lots of dirt roads. My DD did the driving on the left and did not have a problem. The streets are narrow, so if you come across another car (didn't see many) just get out of their way on the opposite side of the street! :D It was still lots of fun and we were glad we did it.

Edited by turquoisesea

On the map that I found online it said downtown (small) and that is where the museum Conch is. Will keep your info as a reference. Today, I received a call from Nathan re reservation. There were only 2 carts available for the date I needed. Yep, booked, thought it would be fun. Thanks again,:o

We, also, couldn't find the "downtown". Also couldn't find the Bohio Resort, and boy, did we try! But, we DID find Governor's Beach. If you are heading away from the ships, keep looking to your left, and before long you will see a small sign, like a street sign, that says Governor's Beach. It was a nice stop.

We had the BEST time with our golf cart. Exploring and getting lost was half the fun.

Part of what I'd probably consider downtown is down a one way street, which might be why so many people seem to have had problems finding it. I don't think Conch World is in that area, I think it's actually a distance from town (although we never found it, but that's how it was marked on our map). There is a small museum in town with displays about shipwrecks in the area and also some stuff about Friendship 7. I can''t remember if that's on the one way stretch or not, we actually visited it on our first trip to Grand Turk.

Bohio Resort was definitely pretty tricky to find. I think we ended up going down a road that took us behind the fairly new looking hospital.

Ultimately there's a limit to how lost you can really get, you're eventually going to run into water :).

• 2 weeks later...