Need Park & Cruise Hotels in New Orleans!

jordanaire

Can anyone provide names the of hotels in New Orleans that allow you to leave your car with them during the cruise? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

:cool:Bill

The only 2 that I am sure of are Drury Inn and Holiday Inn-Superdome (which is where we are staying in May).

Sue

In January we stayed at the Quality Inn & Suites Maison St. Charles that required us to pay for 1 nights parking and allowed us to leave the car in a fenced, secure area during the 7 day cruise for free. The room and breakfast were very nice. I believe the taxi was $14 to and from the ship terminal.

A streetcar stop is right in front of the hotel, so it was easy to get to the Garden District and French Quarter.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Holiday Inn French Quarter. We planned on using Priceline, but every hotel during our stay was pretty full. I couldn't get anything under $150, so I stopped bidding. I was able to get a room here with parking for $241. Considering our other option was a hotel at the airport for $134, this was better as it allowed us some sightseeing and parking. Shuttle is $8 per person, but dh is going to drop me and the kids off, then come back, park, and either catch a cab for $8 or walk. We are less than two miles from the port. We leave in a few hours!

• 1 month later...
Holiday Inn French Quarter. We planned on using Priceline, but every hotel during our stay was pretty full. I couldn't get anything under $150, so I stopped bidding. I was able to get a room here with parking for $241. Considering our other option was a hotel at the airport for $134, this was better as it allowed us some sightseeing and parking. Shuttle is $8 per person, but dh is going to drop me and the kids off, then come back, park, and either catch a cab for $8 or walk. We are less than two miles from the port. We leave in a few hours!

We have the same plan as you. We stayed at the Holiday Inn last December for our cruise and got it ALOT cheaper including parking. But this year we are also paying $241. It is very convenient to Bourbon Street and has an indoor pool for the kids.

We are going to do the same thing this year with the trip to the pier. Last year we had 15 people and spent a fortune getting a mile to the pier.

Helen

We are sailing out next month on a 7 day cruise and booked the Comfort Inn in Gretna, LA. It was $139 for the Park and Cruise and includes a shuttle to and from port, plus breakfast I believe. I do not expect it to be luxury digs, but we have a 12 hour drive from Illinois and will only be needing a place to sleep and shower. Good luck in your search!

Hampton Inn Convention Center - that's where we are staying in a couple of weeks. Also free breakfast, the parking is covered and there is night security.

We are staying there in March and using the cruise park option but did not hear about any free breakfast. Where did you hear about that???

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing out next month on a 7 day cruise and booked the Comfort Inn in Gretna, LA. It was $139 for the Park and Cruise and includes a shuttle to and from port, plus breakfast I believe. I do not expect it to be luxury digs, but we have a 12 hour drive from Illinois and will only be needing a place to sleep and shower. Good luck in your search!

This is what I booked. Most of Frenhc Quarter was book for the weekend we sail so this was pretty much my only option.

A bit off-topic, but how was the traffic getting to the port? The last time I sailed out of NO (2011) it took *forever* to get to the port because of the traffic. How was it when you all sailed?

Thanks-

Jo Ann

It is all about what is going on. When I cruised in February 2012(during Mardi Gras) it took me over 3 hours to get from Hammond, LA to the port. I had to stay in Hammond because silly me didn't realize it was Mardi Gras when I booked the cruise.

I sailed out last month (Dec 2012) and stayed at Quality Inn Gretna (2 miles from port) just over the bridge from the port and it only took a few minutes to get there.

It really just depends on what is going on in NOLA.

A bit off-topic, but how was the traffic getting to the port? The last time I sailed out of NO (2011) it took *forever* to get to the port because of the traffic. How was it when you all sailed?

Thanks-

Jo Ann

• 2 weeks later...

Olemissgirl... What did you think of the Quality Inn Gretna, Was it clean, safe, easy to get shuttle to port AND back? Im a little concerned at the mixed reviews on trip advisor but there is NOTHING else left under $250 a night PLUS additional parking!

It isn't a high end hotel, it is an older, clean, basic motel. Good internet connection, free breakfast, no problem with the shuttle service. I generally travel alone and I don't have a problem staying there alone and feeling safe.

If you are expecting Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites you will be disappointed, but if you just want the basics it is a great deal.

Olemissgirl... What did you think of the Quality Inn Gretna, Was it clean, safe, easy to get shuttle to port AND back? Im a little concerned at the mixed reviews on trip advisor but there is NOTHING else left under $250 a night PLUS additional parking!

Archived