Feeling down.....had to cancel

Chief Cruiser

I'm feeling down today on two fronts. First of all, my father-in-law had a heart attack late last week and has been hospitalized. In the course of running some tests, it was discovered he has cancer in his kidneys, double pneumonia, fluid around his heart and is in the early stages of congestive heart failure. Due to this and a poor prognosis, I just had to cancel my cruise booked to leave in two days. For those of you of faith, please help pray that he will not suffer. The cruise is really immaterial. While I am disappointed that I can't go, my father-in-law is the priority right now.

I'm feeling down today on two fronts. First of all, my father-in-law had a heart attack late last week and has been hospitalized. In the course of running some tests, it was discovered he has cancer in his kidneys, double pneumonia, fluid around his heart and is in the early stages of congestive heart failure. Due to this and a poor prognosis, I just had to cancel my cruise booked to leave in two days. For those of you of faith, please help pray that he will not suffer. The cruise is really immaterial. While I am disappointed that I can't go, my father-in-law is the priority right now.

Chief, of course we will all pray for your father in law.

early heart failure of course isn't the worst thing as you can live a good life with congestive heart failure for years, the rest is the bad part and yes we will, as I said pray he doesn't suffer. The cruise is important, yet as you said your father in law and the rest of the family are what matters now. There will be other cruises as the months and years go by. NMNita

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you and your family a time of renewed relationships and closeness. My father also struggled with heart and lung problems. I'm a cardiac nurse, and it didn't necessarily make it any easier. Family means everything. We don't how much time we have on this earth with them, and cruising will definitely be around for a long time.

I wish you and your family the very bless. Know others are praying for you.

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Your FIL and whole family will be in my prayers. Went through something similar last summer and it really puts things in persepctive. Appreciate the quality time remaining and hopefully there will be very little suffering. God Bless---

I lost my dad this past June. He had heart failure. He had lived 10 years after heart surgery and still had one bad valve left that they wouldn't touch.

I know its hard to see him sick. I know the long wait sitting in the hospital, waiting for him to get better so he can come home. I have prayed for you and your family.

Please accept my sincere appreciation for all the responses. It means so much to me and my family. I feel much better just knowing that there are people out there lifting us up. It gives so much strength.

Again, thank you so much and may God bless each of you!

Archived