*BARCELONA Hotel Suggestions 6-27-10*

we're also on the June 27th Voyager out of Barcelona. Staying at le Meridien hotel. No idea if they have shuttle transportation though. Looking for more people on this cruise!!! We're a family of 5 - three kids, aged 10, 14 and 16...

We have stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Palacete and are staying this year at the Hotel Continental. They are both 3 star hotels and are very clean and the beds are very good. There were 8 couples that were staying there last November and we are going to stay at the sister hotel this year only because it is right in the middle of Las Ramblas (it's like a party every night)and close to the pier . The Palacete is about 4 blocks further down the street. They have a 24 hour buffet with free soft drinks, beer, and wine at both hotels. We (Nov/7/2010) have 25 rooms booked so far. . Check out their website http://www.hotelcontinental.com Don't let all that pink scare you away :eek:....the guys will think they are in a Victoria Secret room :D

B J

I have spent the last year planning/researching my upcoming cruise to Europe beginning in Barcelona, ending in Venice. I'll also be spending time in London on the way home. In none of these cities have I been able to find a hotel that offers typical US airport hotel shuttles. For Barcelona I will use the blue Aerobus to get to the stop near the Jazz Hotel and then a cab onto the cruise port later. Pretty much the same situation when I end in Venice and on to London. They all have alternatve means to get to the airport and back other than cabs but none of the hotels are door to door free shuttle service like you see in the US.

BJ, the Pink was worrying me for DH. :D Our Oct 29, 2011 cruise, already filled up the Continental. Can you tell me, how small is small regarding the rooms. I told DH they must be larger then our Balcony Cabin on the LOS :).

Was considering the Jazz but their prices were a bit high for us.

I have spent the last year planning/researching my upcoming cruise to Europe beginning in Barcelona, ending in Venice. I'll also be spending time in London on the way home. In none of these cities have I been able to find a hotel that offers typical US airport hotel shuttles. For Barcelona I will use the blue Aerobus to get to the stop near the Jazz Hotel and then a cab onto the cruise port later. Pretty much the same situation when I end in Venice and on to London. They all have alternatve means to get to the airport and back other than cabs but none of the hotels are door to door free shuttle service like you see in the US.

Hello financialgrl,

Am trying to plan a pre-cruise stay in Barcelona. You have mentioned the Aerobus for transportation into town from the airport. Can you tell me if this would be a practical solution for a couple with each having a large suitcase? I'm thinking about it being a problem boarding the bus with each of us having a large bag and maybe not being room on the bus for those items. Can you advise? Thanks.

The hotels near the Barcelona airport (such as the Rennaisance Barcelona Airport, Best Western Hotel Alfa Aeropuerto and other hotels listed here: http://barcelona.airporthotelguide.com/airporthotels.html ) offer free shuttles between the hotel and airport. However the sights of Barcelona are a distance away. The Eurostars Grand Marina offers a shuttle for a surcharge - but it requires taxis or buses to get out of the port area and to Las Ramblas. IMO, the best hotel location in the city pre-cruise is on or near Las Ramblas or in the Gothic Quarter. From there it is a swift and inexpensive taxi ride to your ship on embarkation day.

My recommendation for a reasonably priced hotel with decent sized rooms is Duquesa de Cardona - a quick two block walk to Las Ramblas and located on the waterfront. It is a fast and inexpensive taxi ride to the port from here. There are sidewalk cafes next door - great for an inexpensive dinner of tapas, paella and wine. I would not recommend getting a classic room (cheapest), however - these rooms have no view - but if you don't care about having a view, that might be fine with you. The rooms are a perfectly reasonable size and feature gorgeous marble bathrooms and nice amenities - and yes, they are heated and air conditioned. I did a lot of price comparisons and Hotels.com came in cheaper than many other sites including Priceline.

Tip: Walk to the small grocery stores on Las Ramblas and buy bottled water and soda pop to take on the ship! I bought enough for our entire 2 week cruise last time.

my partner stayed there a few years ago w/ her daughter and really like it. We have booked it for 3 days after our cruise. Booked thru American Airlines as we get 500 miles a night and the rate is the same as Hotels.com or Venere.com.

I was in Barcelona last December, it was also a pre, post cruise stay and I chose the hotel Icaria Barcelona www.hotelicariabarcelona.com

It is a wonderful hotel, it's not exactly in Las Ramblas but it is ver near, and there's a bus stop just outside the hotel and also there's a stop for the turistic bus just across the street. The hotel has a delicious buffet breakfast, for my stay it was included with my night fare, the rooms are of a very good size and very comfortable. There's also a small mall very near the hotel with some restaurants and a grocery store.

I hope this helps you, any questions I will be here to help.

Greetings from Mexico!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to choose between the 5Rooms and the H10 Raco del Pi. Has anyone stayed, seen, heard about either and can give info? Proximity to Las Ramblas & Picasso Museum? Quiet? We will have a 5 year old with us and her parents are both artists. Suggestions welcomed. :o

Trying to choose between the 5Rooms and the H10 Raco del Pi. Has anyone stayed, seen, heard about either and can give info? Proximity to Las Ramblas & Picasso Museum? Quiet? We will have a 5 year old with us and her parents are both artists. Suggestions welcomed. :o

Cruisemom42 (Cynthia), a frequent poster, recommends to the H10 Raco del Pi, right in the middle of the Gothic Quarter.

Check out Salles' Hotel Diutat Del Prat. 1.5 km from the airport. They have a cruisespecial for 90 Euros. Room, breakfast, free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle from hotel to port.

We stayed 5 nights precruise at Hotel Regina right off Placa Cataluyna. Room was great, huge bathroom with tub, shower and bidet. Free Wifi and b'fast was included.

We took a taxi from airport to hotel and was reasonable. The ride to the port was very short and less than 10 euros, as I paid 10 with tip. I do not remember the cost from airport to the hotel.

Love Barcelona.

Hi. my husband and I are looking for a hotel for the night of the 25th, may. Can anyone tell us if there are hotels that we can walk to the ship from? We don't mind about a mile walk. We're not super picky, we just need a clean bed and bathroom. We're looking into hotel continental (if they have room left). Do you think this will work for us? Does this hotel have a bag check for after you check out if you want to explore a little without carrying around your bag?

Also, can you take public transport from the airport to this hotel? Which place would be best for that? we'd rather not hire a cab. Thanks!

Much research has brought forth two interesting options for hotels. Marina View B &B, nice rooms and lovely service, The next is Hotel Denit Barcelona, this is good transportation spot coming from the airport on the aerobus. 7 Eoros each from airport. If anyone has personnal knowldge of either of these tro hotels please post your comments. Thanks, Alison

Most hotels are around Placa Cataluyna about a mile up Las Ramblas...the Hotel Contential is past Placa Catalyuna, maybe 4/5 blocks

We stayed at Hotel Regina...nice rooms, about 150 euros a night

The port is not easily accessed by foot. We took taxi from Hotel Regina and was about 10euros.

Hi. my husband and I are looking for a hotel for the night of the 25th, may. Can anyone tell us if there are hotels that we can walk to the ship from? We don't mind about a mile walk. We're not super picky, we just need a clean bed and bathroom. We're looking into hotel continental (if they have room left). Do you think this will work for us? Does this hotel have a bag check for after you check out if you want to explore a little without carrying around your bag?

Also, can you take public transport from the airport to this hotel? Which place would be best for that? we'd rather not hire a cab. Thanks!

Walking from the ship may be longer than you think, depending on where the ship is docked. There is a very long bridge to cross to get to the street/ship, and there can be multiple ships in port making the walk to/from your ship even longer. We stayed at the Hotel Continental. It is BELOW Placa Catalunya(about a block or two), about a mile up from Columbus Circle on LaRambla. It meets your needs for a clean room (no frills)and a clean bathroom. We took a taxi to the ship from the hotel. We observed folks dragging their luggage across this looooonnnng bridge and our driver said that they usually get flagged by these folks as the taxi exits the pier, to drive them to the ship.

You can get a taxi from the airport, but have a paper with the name and exact address on it regardless of where you stay. Not all drivers speak English, and this will help. The Hotel Continental will hold your bags as you hoped. We "reserved" a taxi for our trip to the ship and they came up to the 2nd floor hotel lobby to get us and help with our bags.

We just stayed at the Hotel Regina. Their location is very convenient as they are 1 block from Placa Catalunya and the start of Las Ramblas. A little pricey at $280 a night, but the room was large and the breakfast buffet selection was large.

I am not aware of any hotel that has an airport shuttle.

Archived