Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toezinthesand

Hate tequila, what do you drink on the beach in Mexico?

mmmmmm.... a cold beer on a warm sunny beach...

I wouldn't turn down a margarita or anything else fruity, but the beer would be my first choice on the beach.

I'm with you on the cold beer! Last month on our MR cruise I was surprised to learn that the local drinking establishments sell much more Pacifico than Corona. They said Corona was for export to the Americans, try a Pacifico! Not bad!! (Think I'll have another...:p)

I'm with you on the cold beer! Last month on our MR cruise I was surprised to learn that the local drinking establishments sell much more Pacifico than Corona. They said Corona was for export to the Americans, try a Pacifico! Not bad!! (Think I'll have another...:p)

That may be because Pacifico is brewed in Matzalan. Besides that, Pacifico (IMHO) is tastier beer than Corona. Again, IMHO, I always have felt that Corona lovers were not real "beer drinkers" (I have my flame-retardant underwear on so let loose. And, I will be out of town for the next 3 days so by the time I return, this will be a dead issue.)

We vacation in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area multiple times a year. Hands down, the best drink for the beach is SOL beer. If you have never tried it, the brand is actually called SOL. Add a lime, and you are in business! This is the drinks our local Mexican friends down in Cancun drink. :)

Michelle

I drink beer, mostly - and if I'm a really good mood, rum and Diet Coke/Pepsi (with lots of lime). Margaritas are almost exclusively ordered by foreign tourists which is a turn-off for me, but more than that the sweet/sour mix upsets my stomach. A Piña Colada can be a nice drink, though - a large one in a 'fish bowl' style glass, frothy with the coconut milk and rum. Ummm!

We don't use sweet and sour mix in our margaritas. Just tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice and cointreau. No sugar either - the cointreau provides all the sweetness needed. I really don't care for sweet and sour mix either.

I like a Bloody Mary for my first drink of the day!

Tell us honestly now, is that first drink at 12:01AM, 7:30AM, 11AM, Noon, or 5PM. What would Jimmy Buffet say?;)

um...beer!!! Lots of great beer at great prices throughout the MR...Cabo is a little more expensive but in the other ports you will be able to find very reasonable beer prices

Too....there are lots of bottled "fruit juices" available in Mexico.

Not only are they made out of real fruit, but real sugar, as well.

Typically, I am a beer drinker, but I do have to state that I have had more than one bottle of their fruit juices, and I have to admit that I've enjoyed them.

Also, smoothies, and frozen mochas...they too are made with natural ingredients and are soooo much better than the "stuff" that they sell here in the states.

Too....there are lots of bottled "fruit juices" available in Mexico.

Not only are they made out of real fruit, but real sugar, as well.

Typically, I am a beer drinker, but I do have to state that I have had more than one bottle of their fruit juices, and I have to admit that I've enjoyed them.

Also, smoothies, and frozen mochas...they too are made with natural ingredients and are soooo much better than the "stuff" that they sell here in the states.

The pop (or soda as Americans call it) is sweetened with cane syrup too. The Fresca we get up here in Canada same as the stuff sold in the Stated is totally different then the Fresca sold in the glass bottles in Mexico MX Fresca is sweetened with cane syrup and is totally wonderful. The glass bottled MX Fresca is worth the price of the airfare or cruise ticket down OMG YUM!!!! :)

We always make sure we have our fridge in PV stocked with MX Fresca.

I don't always drink beer

but when I do

I prefer Dos Equis's

Be safe my friend!

I used to hate tequila as well until some introduced me to really good tequila. Maybe try a shot of "top shelf" tequila and sip it, Its wonderful.

Ha Smslms...my bloody mary is the first drink after my PJ's come off and I leave the room for the day!

Zig...so true about the brand of tequila...I got a bottle of Patron for Christmas and am totally spoiled now...and yes...you can totally tell the difference between that and say El Jimador...I am curious to know how much a shot of Patron would be in Mexico...

I know it's a weird question....but I really, really hate tequila. I try to like it. I like the idea of margarita's. But I just really don't enjoy them. I like beer, but sometimes you want something a little fancier.

So, what do you drink while lounging on the beach?

OK, tried this one Manzanillo and drink them ever since...Micheladas, frosted mug with and inch of fresh lime juice in bottom, served over ice is your favorite Mexican Beer. Very refreshing and most tourist don't order this one so your bartender is often surprised when I order it as it is ordered more by locals.