Cruise Critic Community
pacheco18

Patrick's Tour Bora Bora - length?

Kween Karen - what a fabulous trip! Thanks so much for sharing the pics. There are 24 of us signed up to do this trip (3/4 day) in January and your journal certainly gets me excited for it. A few questions to add to our pleasure - does Patrick pick you up at the ship or do you meet him somewhere? What is an adequate tip? any other suggestions for us?

Thanks again for sharing you adventure.

. A few questions to add to our pleasure - does Patrick pick you up at the ship or do you meet him somewhere? What is an adequate tip? any other suggestions for us?

Thanks again for sharing you adventure.

Bora Bora is a tender port. Once you catch the tender into the harbor Patrick picks you up right there. As far as tipping goes I don't remember.....one place runs into another. It MIGHT have been that we tipped the drivers of the other 2 boats and not Patrick since he was the owner.....but then.....maybe we tipped him too. I just can't remember.

Karen - Thanks for the beautiful Bora Bora pictures! Now I want to go back and see the other ports you've reviewed! We did the 3/4 day tour with Patrick last fall and plan to do it again in Fall of 2011 on the Sapphire RT from LA -28 days - Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti. Can't wait to visit all those locations again! Our roll call already has Patrick booked, and we have over 150 on our roll call with over a year to wait !!

Karen - Thanks for the beautiful Bora Bora pictures! Now I want to go back and see the other ports you've reviewed! We did the 3/4 day tour with Patrick last fall and plan to do it again in Fall of 2011 on the Sapphire RT from LA -28 days - Hawaii, Samoa, Tahiti. Can't wait to visit all those locations again! Our roll call already has Patrick booked. We have over 150 on our roll call with over a year to wait !!

If you want to see pictures of Patrick's tours check out my blog and look at the 2 Bora Bora days. Absolutely amazing days!!

http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

Hi Karen: I have read your amazing blog of the south pacific, and it has helped me alot with decisions!!! Would you be willing to share with me the make and model of your underwater camera? The pictures were great!

Thanks. Narnia1

I am happy that you read my blog and that it helped you with your planning.

My underwater camera is an Olympus SW1050. Not an high end camera but I was very pleased with the pictures I got.

It sounds like the perfect day in paradise. Does Patrick have a website? What did he charge for the tour? Thanks.

It sounds like a perfect day in paradise. Does Patrick have an email or website we can contact? What did he charge per person for the tour? Thanks.

It sounds like a perfect day in paradise. Does Patrick have an email or website we can contact? What did he charge per person for the tour? Thanks.

Patrick's Price for the excursion depends on how many you get together for the boat. It varys from around $125 pp (but he has several tours to choose from, 3/4 day, full day, combo of land and sea) to a lot higher for a smaller number of passengers. His email address is: patrick@maohinui.net and his website can be located here:

http://www.maohinui.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=

A great way to get a small group together is to join your roll call here on CC for your sailing and reserve a boat, we have always been able to fill the 12 spots with others from our roll call. It's a great tour, we have taken in several times when visiting Bora Bora.

Edited by Toto2Kansas

I just came here to leave the information you requested and I see it has already been posted. So..........I will just say that the full day with Patrick on the water (it was $110 for 36 of us) was one of the most incredible days I have ever experienced!!!

It may depend on the group size for the full day tour, OR Patrick has raised his prices, not sure which. We have the full day Motu picnic/water tour booked for February 2011 for 12 passengers currently and the price per person is $125. As said, he may have changed his prices slightly going into 2011. ;)

This November 2010, we're paying 110USD pp for 12 for the 3/4 day tour which includes the snorkeling (rays & sharks) and motu picnic.

We are in San Diego and just off the Rotterdam. It was a fantastic trip and Patrick's tour in Bora Bora was a highlight!

Our CC group filled three boats and we had a fantastic time!

the water was sooo clear for snorkelling.

the lunch at the motu was delicious and full of fun even if you were coolchile who fell off the picnic table!:D into the water

price seems high but the ship's tours were more expensive and shorter.

I am so glad you enjoyed Patrick's tour. It is so burned into my memory I can practically still feel it. It was indeed a wonderful day.

We are in San Diego and just off the Rotterdam. It was a fantastic trip and Patrick's tour in Bora Bora was a highlight!

Our CC group filled three boats and we had a fantastic time!

the water was sooo clear for snorkelling.

the lunch at the motu was delicious and full of fun even if you were coolchile who fell off the picnic table!:D into the water

price seems high but the ship's tours were more expensive and shorter.

Hearing these recent favourable reports is making me very excited for our upcoming trip Nov. 29! thanks for reporting back!

Click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLpDwX86TqQ to see my Youtube video of Patrick’s Tour. What a wonderful day in paradise! Patrick gives the best tour ever.

The music that accompanied the video was "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Iz - how appropriate - but Youtube muted it due to copyright laws and I had to make a substitution.

Ron aka Cruzertwo aka Cruzertoo

Click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLpDwX86TqQ to see my Youtube video of Patrick’s Tour. What a wonderful day in paradise! Patrick gives the best tour ever.

The music that accompanied the video was "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Iz - how appropriate - but Youtube muted it due to copyright laws and I had to make a substitution.

Ron aka Cruzertwo aka Cruzertoo

Thank you for sharing. We are doing this in a month and I am getting very excited! Do you know if we can pick up one of those tropical fish cards in Tahiti and if so where? (the one that was being held up in your video)

Yes - thank you for sharing your video pics! Can't wait to go next week! Was that the 3/4 day Motu Picnic?

Edited by CSloan

Thank you for sharing. We are doing this in a month and I am getting very excited! Do you know if we can pick up one of those tropical fish cards in Tahiti and if so where? (the one that was being held up in your video)

I have emailed my friend to ask where she got the fish card. I'll let you know when I received a response.

Ron

Yes - thank you for sharing your video pics! Can't wait to go next week! Was that the 3/4 day Motu Picnic?

Our Patrick tour lasted most of the day and included Shark feeding, swimming with the Stingrays, and a Motu Picnic. It was one of the most enjoyable days of my life. The water is crystal clear and the scenery is stunning. The Motu picnic was a special treat. I would like to repeat our day in paradise one of these days.

Enjoy!!

Ron

Edited by Cruzer Two

Here is the response from the lady with the tropical fish card.

We have two of those fish cards, for fish in different parts of the world. We think we bought them at a Dive Shop in Toronto, which is now defunct. But we have seen them elsewhere, think they can be found at shops that specialize in dive and snorkelling equipment.

Here is the response from the lady with the tropical fish card.

We have two of those fish cards, for fish in different parts of the world. We think we bought them at a Dive Shop in Toronto, which is now defunct. But we have seen them elsewhere, think they can be found at shops that specialize in dive and snorkelling equipment.

Thanks, our local dive shop did not carry the Tahiti fish card (they had them for other areas such as the Caribbean). They did tell me I should be able to get them in Tahiti so I am hoping someone may confirm if they have actually seen them available there.

Patrick's email address is:Patrick Tairua [patrick@maohinui.net] We are going on his excursion in August and can't wait.

Can anyone tell me is this trip would be appropriate for a beginner snorkeler? I can swim but not well? Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Yes it would be fine. You can always use one of those noodles to boost your confidence. You can see the sharks and the rays from the boat. You can also just kind of hang on to the outrigger part of the boat and put your face in the water. The motu picnic part is, of course, on land with a lovely shallow beach that goes far out. There is a stop in the lagoon which is shallow enough to stand.

A WONDERFUL excursion!!