Show me your aft!

jhale

As Mr. Pete said, you can't see them and they can't see you. I think if you were standing right along the rail then the balconies above you could look down and see you if they were also standing at their rail.

You kind of get a mixture of sun and shade on that balcony. The best of both worlds. Along the rail it is sunny, and further back it is shady. Some of the other decks are all sun, and people have complained that it is too hot to sit out. The other good thing is that you have shelter if it is raining.

Thank you, Prairie Gal and Mr. Pete ! Very helpful, indeed.

Looks perfect to us....deck 4 cabins really seems to answer our personal concern regarding higher aft balcony sacrifice of privacy. And the semi-sun, semi-shade factor sounds great, too. So we're gonna try a deck 4 aft this coming fall for first time and see what happens !

One last question.......promise.....we are aware that aft cabins get that wake sound nonstop when ship moves. Shouldn't bother us......will have earplugs if it ever does. But......is that sound significantly louder for deck 4 aft vs. higher ones ?

Thanks again for comments and pics you've supplied.

I have my first balcony booked on the Splendor but it is mid ship. I'm looking at all of these aft balcony pictures and I'm starting to think I might need to change my room. I'm on deck 7 and our friends are also on deck 7 so, I would want to stay there. Any thoughts about or pictures of Splendor deck 7 aft balconies? All of the pictures are so beautiful! Thank you all for posting them!!

We are on the Splendor and have a 7th deck wrap. Cabin 7438. Look for our cruise journals below (we always get afts and occasionally wraps) I take alot of pictures of the cabins and balconies and I will definitely have 7th deck wraps up the beginning of Oct. The aft cabins next to the wrap often are a little larger and because of the sloped walls, we have been in "afts next to wraps" and were able to see way around to what was next to the ship by looking "through" their balcony

I'm thinking of doing a "Premium Vista Balcony" (wraparound) on the Carnival Conquest -- cabin 7440, 7445, 6452, or 6483 (back of ship). Has anyone been in any of these cabins? Is it worth the extra cost? Is there any bad vibration or noise on the Conquest in these back cabins?

Had 6452 on the Liberty which is identical to the Conquest. Follow the link below and find our cruise journal for the Liberty. It had lots of pictures of the cabin itself as well as the balcony. (Our aft wrap on the Liberty came with a DVD player) No bad vibration or noise...loved this cabin

Edited by David-n-Rita

A question for all you "aft" people:

Is it louder or is there more vibration due to being above the props (azipods)? And, do you feel more movement because you are not in the center of the ship?

We have always stayed in the center of the ship where there is less movement, but these pics make us want to book one of these aft rooms...

A question for all you "aft" people:

Is it louder or is there more vibration due to being above the props (azipods)? And, do you feel more movement because you are not in the center of the ship?

We have always stayed in the center of the ship where there is less movement, but these pics make us want to book one of these aft rooms...

There is a slight more rocking I think in the aft, but we like it. Some vibration is felt in different parts of the ship, including the aft when you are docking but not when you are cruising out to sea.

We have been in the aft cabins for the Conquest/Glory/Freedom and you can feel the vibration when the ship is parallel parking in port. We were in 6485 on the Conquest/Glory and 6483 on the Freedom. The views and deckspace are definatly worth dealing with the slight vibrations.

We are looking forward to our aft cabin on the Dream in a few months! We are in 8477 (I think).

Good to know.. thought most afts only held 2 even on the Spirit class

Spirit class has 3 cabins that hold 3. 8268, 8273, and 7298. Aft wrap #4237 (2 people) has a connecting cabin that will hold 3 #4293. Aft Warp #4228 has connecting room that holds 2 people #4230.

Does anyone have a picture of the aft balcony on the Legend Cabin 6331? This will be our first aft after several cruises in balcony cabins and we are excited. After seeing the aft wrap-arounds, wish the upgrade fairy would call since the one next door is still vacant on the cruise. Oh well, we have until November to wait.

i have heard that sometimes it is sooty. Is this true? We dive, so we like to let our gear dry out on the balcony.

We have only heard it reported here on this website. We have had many aft cabins and we have not seen problems with soot (they do clean your balcony when they service the cabins), and one of the port days there is always a notice to take your personal belongings in as they will be doing a thorough balcony cleaning. We have had butts from above land on our balcony in the past, but that happens all over the ship.

We have only heard it reported here on this website. We have had many aft cabins and we have not seen problems with soot (they do clean your balcony when they service the cabins), and one of the port days there is always a notice to take your personal belongings in as they will be doing a thorough balcony cleaning. We have had butts from above land on our balcony in the past, but that happens all over the ship.

I agree in 9 cruises we have had 7 aft wraps balconies and I never have had a problem with soot.. you will find some debris.. on our Splendor cruise last month we had a dead bird:( But that was quickly taken care of when we left the cabin and the stewards came it to clean it...

i have heard that sometimes it is sooty. Is this true? We dive, so we like to let our gear dry out on the balcony.

Never had a problem with soot.

On the Destiny, we had problems with IDIOTS who insisted on flicking their lit cigarettes off the stern despite signs telling them not to because the butts might blow back onto the ship. They did.

That being said, it would not stop me from booking an aft cabin.

We are planning our 4th cruise with another couple on their first cruise. We are considering an aft extended balcony. Do you think that is a risk for the first timers? Did you notice much motion difference? Which level is your favorite?

It's not a wrap, but it's an Aft Balcony - on the Dream - Upper Deck (6) - and we loved it - EXCEPT - the lounge where they held the comedy club, karaoke, etc.

2556530650106494298S500x500Q85.jpg

The view of the wake from our balcony - you can see the Lanai below, which wraps around the ship!

2618981930106494298S500x500Q85.jpg

We are on the Splendor and have a 7th deck wrap. Cabin 7438. Look for our cruise journals below (we always get afts and occasionally wraps) I take alot of pictures of the cabins and balconies and I will definitely have 7th deck wraps up the beginning of Oct. The aft cabins next to the wrap often are a little larger and because of the sloped walls, we have been in "afts next to wraps" and were able to see way around to what was next to the ship by looking "through" their balcony

I can't find them....helppppp. Thank you :D