Price going UP

dszrew

Booked our Alaskan 2011 cruise yesterday, decided to spend the extra and get an aft C1 cabin on Millenium with an inside cabin across the hall for the kids.

To my surprise, I check the prices today and the C1 cabins have gone up $150 pp ($300 total) over what was there yesterday. Now I'm congratulating myself for having done it yesterday. So the cruise has been available for a total of 2 days and we've already seen a price increase (from what I can tell only for the C1 class, everything else looks about the same).

Comparing this year's prices to next year's, they are actually more this year for the same week, so I'm not expecting to see many price drops over the next 14 months before we leave.

Booked our Alaskan 2011 cruise yesterday, decided to spend the extra and get an aft C1 cabin on Millenium with an inside cabin across the hall for the kids.

To my surprise, I check the prices today and the C1 cabins have gone up $150 pp ($300 total) over what was there yesterday. Now I'm congratulating myself for having done it yesterday. So the cruise has been available for a total of 2 days and we've already seen a price increase (from what I can tell only for the C1 class, everything else looks about the same).

Comparing this year's prices to next year's, they are actually more this year for the same week, so I'm not expecting to see many price drops over the next 14 months before we leave.

There is less C1s on the Millie than C2s or C3s & the C1s are the stern balconies .Thus ;as these demibnish in supplt ,Celebrity will increase the price .now the C2s & C3s if they don't sell well then the prices will drop. Welcome to the zany world of cruise pricing

Reading your post got me to wondering about our Baltic cruise coming up in August on the Constellation. We originally booked it just about a year ago, and I find it interesting that the price quoted for 2011 is exactly the same as it was when we booked our 2010 cruise last year. However, the price did go down $900 a few months after we booked, and Celebrity honored the drop. I wonder if next year's prices will drop as much, if at all.

Thanks for getting my curiosity up.

Archived