Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epdion

Rhapsody of the Seas 5/23

Just returned from our best cruise yet. The ship is in great shape and the food and service were great.

Took the Conch Train tour in Key West and enjoyed hearing about the island history. Did the Captain Marvin Snorkeling and Stingray tour in Grand Cayman. This was an experience of a lifetime. Spent the day at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel which was great.

The only hitch came when one of our pieces of luggage was missing at the pier. However, just got a call from Royal Caribbean that they found it and will ship it to us tomorrow. Next time I will take my exposed film rather than pack it!

I would love to hear more about your cruise! What cabin were you in? You said the food and service were great. I'm glad to hear that! Did you attend the formal nights? How was the entertainment on board? Did you use the pools? If so, did you enjoy them? What was your favorite thing about the ship? Did you have a favorite port?

Sorry so many questions. I got carried away...I'm just excited about going on our cruise! Time is passing WAY too slow!! icon_frown.gif

Sophie

Counting down the days till we sail the Rhapsody! 12-5-04

I would love to hear more also, we are on the June 20, 2004 sailing. Glad to hear the Ship is still in good shape. How was the rock climbing wall, that is new since our last Rhapsody visit.

Me, too! We will be going in July

RCCL Monarch 7-96

RCCL Monarch 7-97

Carnival Sensation 6-99

Carnival Destiny 6-01

Norwegian Sun 6-02

Celebrity Century 6-03

Rhapsody of the Seas 7-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;7;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Rhapsody of the Seas 10-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;10;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

epdion, we were there too. Had an awesome time. Can't wait to book again! Herdy, Herdy, Herdy!

We were in cabin 2580. The only negative is that this section is the last to get off of the ship.

We attended the two formal nights. The men at our table had on suits instead of tuxedos. Both the Captain's Reception and the Welcome Back Reception were great. At the latter we were sitting right near the dance floor and the servers would not let our champagne glasses run dry.

We used the solarium pool and spas and found them to be most relaxing. Not too many people and no kids. They serve chips, guacomole, chili, etc. which goes great with a bucket of Coronas (5 for $15).

Always something to do on board, or nothing depending upon what you prefer.

The rock climbing wall looked pretty good, although I didn't get around to trying it.

epdion

Thanks for the information. We are sailing her Aug 1, 04. Can hardly wait either. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

8/1/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;8;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Celebration 7/02

yes, thanks for letting us know how your trip went!

Having difficulty waiting to find out for myself!

A

'95 Carnival Sensation

4/28/97 RCCL Sovereign of the Seas

7/01 Celebrity Horizon

6/02 Norwegian Sea

6/22/03 Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;20;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

... till 6/20/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

<MARQUEE>Cruising is the only way to go... who stands opposed?</MARQUEE>

Forgot to answer Sophie's question about entertainment....

First night's show featured a comedian (can't remember his name) who was very funny. Poked fun at everyone on board - passengers, crew and even the captain (ohhcaitlin's reference to Herdy, Herdy, Herdy was the comedian imitating the captain's Norwegian accent).

Laraf are a pair of illusionists who put on an over-dramatic, but still entertaining magic show. They can make anything disappear. There was only one show for both dinner seatings, so the theater was packed! Get there early if you want seats for this one.

The featured entertainer was Paul Boland who is a singer-impersonator. Very funny show. He can do BOTH Sonny and Cher as a duet.

Unexpected entertainment was to be had at the Cocktail Seminar, put on by the bar staff. It costs $9.95, but you get four drinks while the bar staff goes through some funny entertainment ("Higher").

Thanks epdion! icon_biggrin.gif

Sophie

Counting down the days till we sail the Rhapsody! 12-5-04