Eurodam Info for First Time on HAL Appreciated

isujim

Well we just booked our 19th cruise but first on HAL. We have booked the Eurodam for a 7 night cruise. We have wanted to try HAL for awhile and finally decided to do it and give it a shot.

We know nothing about the ship other than what we have read on the boards.............so any thoughts you might have on the ship would be greatly appreciated. We are sure we will have a great cruise and look forward to it very much.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Great ship verry easy to navigate your way around. Don't miss booking a Retreat Cabana you won't regret it. It's a little slice of paradise.

We are travelling with another couple.........will the Cabana hold 4 people? or will we need two of them next to each other? That is one thing I couldn't tell from the brochure.

Thanks

Thanks again for the nice reviews and info..........can the cabana's be reserved or rented prior to sailing? I thought I read you can only pre book them by the week........but for daily use you have to wait until you get on the ship...........

Is this right or are my trifocals acting up again:D

Yes -- you can pre-book the cabanas for the week. But unfortunately you have to wait until you are on the ship to book one just for the day.

Seeing as you have cruised many times on RCI -- the Eurodam won;t seem big to you.

As said -- try the Tamarind Restaurant for dinner ($15 per person) and for lunch ($10 per person), the Silk Den for cocktails and the Pinnacle for dinner ($20 per person) and for lunch ($10) and the Canaleto (free) for dinner.

Yes -- you can pre-book the cabanas for the week. But unfortunately you have to wait until you are on the ship to book one just for the day.

Seeing as you have cruised many times on RCI -- the Eurodam won;t seem big to you.

As said -- try the Tamarind Restaurant for dinner ($15 per person) and for lunch ($10 per person), the Silk Den for cocktails and the Pinnacle for dinner ($20 per person) and for lunch ($10) and the Canaleto (free) for dinner.

We just sailed last August the Pacific Princess........only 30,000 tons. We actually prefer the smaller ships. I like the RCI product but am probably in the minority that Bigger doesn't always mean better......

We still like a cruise experience if you know what I mean:p Big ships have their place and the amenities are nice........but so is a relaxing cruise where you appreciate the open ocean and your lines are much smaller.

We have already pre booked the specialty restaurants you have mentioned but didn't realize you could do the Pinnacle for lunch......must have missed that somewhere in my reading.......thanks for the info.

I almost wish your first cruise on HAL was not one of their bigger ships! Eurodam is a beautiful ship I was on it last year. The rooms and all the public areas are beautiful and there is a lot to do. The problem with their bigger ships is that you do not always get the personalized service that you always get on HAL's smaller ships.

The staff is still friendly, but they always seem to be extremely busy and there are times that they do not even bother to ask or learn your name, which never happens on the smaller ships.

The spa package is great and does include Thassolotherapy and spa loungers, I spent a lot of time in there. All in all it is a beautiful ship, but please try one of the smaller ships one day. Have a great time.

That is correct, the retreat cabanas are for two. Only the family cabanas will accommodate additional people.

Thanks for the info!!:)

Archived