tracy arm or kenai fjords

dszrew

Planning our in-port days and have two options:

1-Junea 10 hr boat trip into tracy arm

2-Seward 8.5 trip into Kenai Fjords, probably the one including the salmon/rib dinner

I'm assuming that both could be a similar experience, but does anyone have anything to add about these two? Our cruise ship will be going to Hubbard glacier and inside passage.

If you have time I'd do the Adventure Bound trip out of Juneau. Very few sailings are in port long enough to take advantage of this tour. I did this a number of years and really enjoyed it even though we never got near the Glaciers due to massive amounts of ice in the water. Still a very enjoyable day, its a far different experience being at water level rather than looking down on it from the top of the crusie ship. I'm trying to repeat again this year if they run their later 9am tour while I'm in port.

The Kenai Fjords trip is also very nice and I'd do it again. My feeling is that it's much harder to get onto the Tracy Arm tour so would take advantge of your port schedule while you can.

We will be in Juneau from 7-9:30, so this was exactly the trip I had as an option. Last time we went we were going to do this, but ended up getting a free helicopter/glacier tour through our TA and did that instead.

Archived