Coral Princess shore excursions ?

LimeNoSalt

We are trying to plan a shore excursion for Limon-

The top 3 we are considering is the "bike ride thru the fishing village","Rain forest horse back ride", and " The rain forest jitney and sky walk"-- Has anyone been on any of these ?:)

If so.. please let me know how they were.:)

Any other suggestions for an excursion would be great also.:p

Thanks

Also has anyone done the "river rafting?":eek: was it scary?

We are trying to plan a shore excursion for Limon-

The top 3 we are considering is the "bike ride thru the fishing village","Rain forest horse back ride", and " The rain forest jitney and sky walk"-- Has anyone been on any of these ?:)

If so.. please let me know how they were.:)

Any other suggestions for an excursion would be great also.:p

Thanks

Also has anyone done the "river rafting?":eek: was it scary?

Hi!

Check out the threads on the Costa Rica board. In, addition I posted a review of our 12/10-12/20 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral. This tour (Costa Rica's Favorites) was terrific. The arial tram is sedate and scenic, the lunch was tasty, and the canal cruise was fantastic! Many wildlife sightings on the cruise. The guide was absolutely top-notch!

I believe the cruise is available on its own if you want to skip the arial tram.

Have a great cruise!

DeFlowergirl,

DH and I did this tour on our Coral cruise in November and LOVED it.

Princess uses tours by the Swiss Travel Company in Costa Rica and they are fantastic. They are very proud of their country and provide commentary along the way.:)

We were picked up at the port (there were about 18 on our tour - all different ages and horseback riding experience) and taken to Ranch Cedar Valley about 20 minutes away. We were given a safety over view, told about the rainforest and then matched up with our horses.

The horses are very tame and LOVED the hills. Because of the rough terrain

everyone wears a helmet including the paramedic that rides along with you.:eek:

The ride was about 2 hours. Over streams, muddy trails and steep hills. We saw the rainforest up close and personal. Check out the link to my pictures to see some pictures.

After the ride we rested at the ranch, sampled the local fruit, had the chance to shop before heading back to the port. Our guide spotted sloths and howler monkeys in the trees as we were driving and stopped the bus so we could all see them and get some pictures. He also pointed out banana and coffee plantations as well as other local flora.

I can't say enough good things about this tour.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

crusdiva---I had actually seen your pictures before I posted.

Your pics made it look like fun!

Thanks for sharing those great pictures with everyone.

I was wondering how you got so many pics of the Coral Princess with no people in them?

Thats funny..... That was our guess to when the pics were taken, my mom was freaked out and couldn't sleep one night thinking about how there was no people in the pics....very good

thanks --and no we did not decide on what to do.....

My dad is really thinking about river rafting if they do not do that I am still considering horse back riding.

Do you hores back ride normally?

I have only been one or twice..... It kinda scared me that there was a paramedic going with you --did anyone need him?

No, no one "needed" the paramedic...thank goodness :D

I think he's there mainly because the terrain is slippery and rocky...just in case anyone should fall off the horse:eek: ...and because you are a good distance away from help should you need it.

No, I'm not a horseback rider per se...though I do enjoy it...DH and I have been trying to take one horseback riding excursion per cruise in recent years.:)

crusdiva .... Here's an EMAIL address for a "well-known" independent in Port Limon that offers a 4-Hour "Horse Back Ride" (white sand beaches/National Forest) for $50 pp: mambotur@hotmail.com

Mambo Tours is located at the ship's pier. We didn't take this Horseback Ride but found Mambo to be very nice and helpful with others.

Just a thought ........ Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived