Crazy Question-But has anyone done it?

:rolleyes:I have a crazy question? Has anyone ever booked a higher level cabin, paid for it and then realize they want to down grade?

Can you do such a thing? If so, do they refund your $ or do they give it back in onboard credit?

BEFORE FINAL payment I was booked in mini suite. Then changed to a balcony (paid view an ocean view with a free balcony upgrade) and saved $450. There was no money refunded- they just reduced my final payment.

We had a balcony last cruise. For a number of unexpected reasons I asked our TA right after final payments were due if we could downgrade to an OV & get the balance as OBC. She said no. Other things have since happened that make me question whether that TA ever even asked NCL (I did not). The TA in question turned out to be incompetent.

i should call and just ask . I thought it was an interesting question... I can see being able to do it before , like the other poster said... but when all payments are made...I guess that would be a different story...

i should call and just ask . I thought it was an interesting question... I can see being able to do it before , like the other poster said... but when all payments are made...I guess that would be a different story...

Let us know what the outcome is.

We had a balcony last cruise. For a number of unexpected reasons I asked our TA right after final payments were due if we could downgrade to an OV & get the balance as OBC. She said no. Other things have since happened that make me question whether that TA ever even asked NCL (I did not). The TA in question turned out to be incompetent.

Not just competence, but it's not in their interest to do such things (lower price = lower commission). If that was the reason, it wouldn't be the first time an agent acted in their own interest over the clients.

Do PCC's work on commission? No wonder we keep getting calls from ours...

I specifically asked our PCC that question. She said no, they don't work on commission. I find that hard to believe, but all I know is what she said.

if you have not made a final payment, you can cancel without a problem.

BUT - check current pricing before you do that. The current pricing for a lower level category might be the same has your higher cabin.

I specifically asked our PCC that question. She said no, they don't work on commission. I find that hard to believe, but all I know is what she said.

Our PCC who we are very happy with also told us she does not work on commission but gave us the impression she was somehow "graded" or "scored" on the bookings she makes.

They may not work on commission but their hope of keeping a job and their bonuses are probably both tied directly to their booking rates.

Archived