Deluxe suite on volendam

spanky11

We just got upgraded to a Deluxe Verandah Suite on the volendam for our inside passage AK cruise. Some of the amenities are obvious, but some seem sort of vague, like Exclusive Breakfast. Can someone fill me in on the details and highlights of the Deluxe Suite cruise?

thanks!

Suite Perks

Volendam (S)

Separate check-in line at embarkation

Personalized stationary

Use of the Neptune Lounge and the concierges

Boutonniere and corsage for the first formal night

Free laundry, free pressing, free dry cleaning

Priority tendering

Priority disembarkation

Free use of binoculars

Free use of a large umbrella

MAYBE a private suite cocktail party in the Neptune Lounge

MAYBE an invitation to a VIP party

Maybe a suite buffet or sit down lunch -- depends on itinerary and HM/Captain

Maybe Free bottle of champagne compliments of the HM and captain

Breakfast in the Pinnacle or King’s Room (for Volendam) (depends on the ship)

Free DVD use

Some ships also have a complimentary bottle of VOSS water -- it is an Artisian well water from Norway.

The breakfast in the King's Room is the same menu as the main dining room and the same time as the main dining room -- times listed in the daily program.

We did get all of the above on the Eurodam last week, including all the maybe's except the Suite Buffet/Lunch. We did in addition to the Welcome aboard Cocktail Party with the Captain/Officers, have a farewell cocktail party in the Pinnacle Bar with Hotel Manager and his staff.

and the priceless assistance of the Concierge/s in the Neptune Lounge

Dennis

We just got upgraded to a Deluxe Verandah Suite on the volendam for our inside passage AK cruise. Some of the amenities are obvious, but some seem sort of vague, like Exclusive Breakfast. Can someone fill me in on the details and highlights of the Deluxe Suite cruise?

thanks!

You are in for a very comfy stateroom with lots of pampering. It's so sweet to breeze by the Neptune for a coffee or tea and a little snack to go with it.

The ladies and/or gents who staff the Neptune are gracious and helpful. Is there something you need? They will give it their best shot.

We do enjoy breakfast in the Pinnacle nearly every day. It seems many suites passengers enjoy breakfast in their rooms or elsewhere. That means the Neptune is serene and we have the Pinnacle servers almost to ourselves.

My oatmeal arrives fast and hot:)

It's so nice to have my shirts, pants, and dresses laundered, ironed, and returned in nothing flat.

Have a wonderful cruise. Enjoy that fresh Alaska air on your spacious verandah.

Thanks for the comments. Breakfast in the King's Room sounds intriguing--I don't even see that room listed on their website!

And all the MAYBEs sound fantastic. My parents have been on several Princess cruises and were very excited when we were offered the upgrades, so the whole family did it. I know they will enjoy the extra amenities and the possible cocktail party with the Officers; that just sounds like a great experience!

My two and half year old daughter will be the room with my wife and I so we are just excited about the extra space!

Congrats on the upgrade!!

Out of curiousity ... what did you get upgraded from?

From the Verandah Suite to the Deluxe Verandah Suite. We are now in suite 7009. Anyone stayed in that cabin?

Archived