new prohibited item list

smd1234

One can only imagine some of the difficulties Carnival must have faced to make this necessary. They are in business and wouldn't do this sort of thing unless there were any number of incidents on board which prompted this list.

One has to wonder about some of the clientele that have been attracted to Carnival that led to this - as someone said, it only takes a few to make it bad for the rest of us. I would be happy to know that my safety was someone's #1 concern.

Maybe Carnival is trying to protect the delicate hair of the ladies. Isnt a lower wattage/heat better for hair anyway?

Something I just read in Women's Day says actually dry your hair on the hottest setting as it will dry it faster, subjecting your hair to heat for less time. Personally I rarely dry my hair but find these rules to be very strange.

relax - it's all just part of Carnival's ongoing fiscal enhancement program. You can't bring your hair dryer on board 'for safety reasons', but please enjoy the services of our spa. Don't bring booze on board (for 'safety'?), but we'll be happy to sell you booze at every opportunity.

And the kicker - when they confiscate your booze, they want you to sign a receipt! Shouldn't they be giving you the receipt?

Good way to get rid of passengers:eek:!

Of course if they decide to implement these "rules" on other lines Carnival owns,they can get their wish; no banned objects onboard but also NO

Passengers. There are many choices out there for

people to select for vacations.:rolleyes:

I MUST have air flow to sleep as I have COPD and do not breathe well with out it, I'm sure I can get an RX for my fan if needed. I have carried it each and every time I have gone before and never was it questioned but these new guidelines may pose a problem. I NEVER travel with out a fan. What exactly would "fire hazzard" be? Isn't the fault the ships? They do not have enough power outlets and so that causes the extension cord battle. They need more outlets and they need them to have the no-fault breakers in them that will kick out if the appliance is bad or the outlet is over loaded. Get with the times Carnival, install some safety equipment, we have it all over our house, especially the kitchen and bathrooms. The fight may be on....HAVE FAN WILL TRAVEL!!!!

No hair dryer or curling iron

Well I guess it means people do NOT have any pictures take nor buy any pictures that they candidally take. OF course it also means people do not need to bring any formal clothes as they will not feel good about themselves and can then just bring more leisure clothes in that one travel bag they travel with now. And I guess without feelin good about appearance one would not bother to spend money to eat in a specality reataurant or buy speciality drinks It will be different type cruise from a luuxury cruise to a lazy play time

Take the cell phone, computer or camera chargers and one will NEVER travel on a crusie again as they are dead in the water. It also means you would not buy any internet time as without your computer working you do not need internet time.

Carnival could lose a lot of their extra money by this list.

My twice yearly cruises have not been on Carvinal and for me I guess I would rthink twice before traveling on Carnival as I like to look nice on vacation

<P>I must admit I am a loyal C&A Platinum member with RCI, and haven't cruised on Carnival, and if RCI starts this "crap", I'll be looking for loyalty to another line pretty quick.  Just seems like way overkill for a small, occasional,  possible problem.</P>

If they banned me from taking my hair straighteners, I'd cancel my cruise and never cruise again! Anyway, mine have a safety cut out on them - if left on and not moved for a certain amount of time they auto switch off. I've never cruised Carnival, but I know they own a number of lines that I have cruised, so I'm very unhappy about their huge list. Thought cruising was supposed to be a holiday - not a stay in a prison. They'll be strip searching passengers next! Susie

If you never cruised Carnival why do you care?

EDIT...

NEVER MIND... :rolleyes:

(Why did I come back to this thread?) -- back to the wolves!

Tom

I agree. Talk about "beating a dead horse to death". I've answered a few of these 1, 2, 3 hit wonders and then changed my mind. They wouldn't understand what I have to say since they obviously can't read. I think this thread needs pulled already.

I'll just keep cruising those "empty" Carnival Cruise ships that everyone is abandoning and have a private yacht -- lol;)

I'm beginning to think that no one reads my posts...

:confused:

We read and appreciate the information --- it's just the "selective" reading....:rolleyes: and response - similar to those that anticipate what you're going to say instead of actually "listening" to what you actually said.

I hope and I don't think it will be as harsh as it's coming across right now that it's new "news". I'm sure they will have a proper way to determine right from wrong. I'm trying hard to think positive cause hell hath no furry like a menopausal woman with COPD and no fan!!! :D

There is no restriction for hair dryers/curlers/flat irons, etc.

The first time my fan is conviscated on a Carnival cruise it will be the last time I cruise with Carnival. I have been on many Carnival cruises where my cabin was hot and stuffy even with the air conditioner on. If not for my fan then I would have been a very unhappy cruiser. Some may find it hard to believe that a fan will make or break a cruise but I am telling you it will. I don't go on vacation to be hot and miserable. If I wanted to do that then I would just go to a sauna.:rolleyes:

I have cruised numerous times on carnival, Royal Carribean, Princess and Celebrity. Guess which cruise line just lost my business. It begins with a C and isn't Celebrity. Bye, Bye Carnival. I like bringing my toys and don't want to have to anticipate/guess what the policy will be when I get to the Port.

To Gattacruz:

Your allowed to bring electric fans. Go to Carnival.com and re-read the information. The list has been revamped.

I must have my fan to it drowns out the noises outside the cabin and my husband's snoring. Plus I can't sleep without it now.

I went ahead and bought a battery operated fan and it also runs on electric. I am brining it on the cruise with both the battery and electric outlet.

I hope and I don't think it will be as harsh as it's coming across right now that it's new "news". I'm sure they will have a proper way to determine right from wrong. I'm trying hard to think positive cause hell hath no furry like a menopausal woman with COPD and no fan!!! :D

Are you kidding me? Hell hath no fury like a menopausal woman *without* COPD and no fan! :rolleyes:

They took our 2 bottles of wine (allowed) that we have always packed - 1 in each suitcase because we did not carry them on. I have never carried wine on before. We got it back the last night of the cruise and didn't buy a single drink from them that night. Jerks.

One of my prime complaints of cruising is the lack of well placed plugs. I am on CPAP and must run an extension cord across the room to the bed every night (a tripping hazard). I bring a power strip for my laptop, cell phones and camera battery charger. I can't use my hairdryer in the bathroom. The one supplied won't even work on drying and styling my hair, let alone my wife's. Has Carnival applied these rules to their other lines, too?

The first time my fan is conviscated on a Carnival cruise it will be the last time I cruise with Carnival. I have been on many Carnival cruises where my cabin was hot and stuffy even with the air conditioner on. If not for my fan then I would have been a very unhappy cruiser. Some may find it hard to believe that a fan will make or break a cruise but I am telling you it will. I don't go on vacation to be hot and miserable. If I wanted to do that then I would just go to a sauna.:rolleyes:

It's obvious I'm fighting a losing battle here...

:rolleyes:

The issues which so many of us face now, regardless of whether we sail on Carnival, NCL, RCCL or any other line, are not simply the result of careless passengers. Over the last few months, Carnival has developed a more voracious appetite for the dollar. After announcing that the line had “record wave season bookings”, they decided in March that it would be best for everyone if they increased their fares. This attitude thoroughly explains why we cannot bring our simple electronic devices onboard. Rather than drying or curling your hair, why not visit the Spa? Of course, even if you have a laptop with an air card, wouldn't it be "safer" for the Carnival coffers if you use their Internet service? It is of course completely understandable that clothing irons would be prohibited due to fire hazards, but would you rather use their $7 per minute ship to shore phone service or that which is provided for a small additional fee by your cell phone carrier? A few such electronic devices should have little effect on the electrical systems of any cruise ship which maintains a safe environment for its passengers in the first place.

Carnivals will, and rightly so, lose loyal passengers and income if they fail to take into consideration the concerns of their customers when they make such self-serving decisions.

Archived