smd1234

new prohibited item list

Firearms (i.e., non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

uh what about firearms that actually fire... ;)

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not exceed 700 watts and should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

LOL! Who's is going to determine if they pose a fire hazard:confused: Boy that has cover my butt written all over it.........

Edited by Kurbanfan

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not exceed 700 watts and should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

LOL! Who's is going to determine if they pose a fire hazard:confused: Boy that has cover my butt written all over it.........

Clean out the dust bunnies and make sure the cord is broken or frayed and you should be fine.

I would guess if someone had a hairdryer with electrical tape wrapped around the cord they would maybe flag that. :D

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Back to the fan and power strip issue.... :cool:

To easily cover this I would think if you bought a power strip new and kept it in its original wrapping til you borded they couldnt really say anything?

To easily cover this I would think if you bought a power strip new and kept it in its original wrapping til you borded they couldnt really say anything?

That might work but I really can't buy a new hair dryer and straightener every time I cruise.

this is starting to get kinda silly

I would guess if someone had a hairdryer with electrical tape wrapped around the cord they would maybe flag that. :D

And oh that one looks like it is 800 watts because it has a black handle:rolleyes:

The best thing on the prohibitited Items list....Heely's. I hate those shoes kids weeving in and out on them

But how can they prohibit medical mary jane if it is prescribed

Firearms (i.e., non-firing weapons and starter pistols)

uh what about firearms that actually fire... ;)

I guess you can take those...no ammo though. Sorry

And oh that one looks like it is 800 watts because it has a black handle:rolleyes:

Dont forget the turbo button. Dont most Hair dryers present the wattage on the side? Military cut so I cant remember the last time I used a hair dryer.

The best thing on the prohibitited Items list....Heely's. I hate those shoes kids weeving in and out on them

Because once the ship leaves.......you are under Federal law......

Who knew that taking a vacation would become such a chore? They want you to dress up and be all beautiful for the photos to purchase and then tell you that you can't bring on the tools to do it with??? *****??? Back to the condo at the beach. Have to cook & clean, but I'm a pretty darn good cook and have lots of help in the cleaning department. I can also bring all the extension cords, hair dryers, George Formans, etc. I can carry and no one gives a rats behind. Don't have to smuggle, just tote it right on in, and if I were so inclined, I could bring the not so legal stuff at my own risk. Not to mention the beach, 24/7.

I grew up a long time ago and don't need someone to 'big brother' me. I have a mom, and that's enough.

Edited by newcatintown

Dont forget the turbo button. Dont most Hair dryers present the wattage on the side? Military cut so I cant remember the last time I used a hair dryer.

Actually I was talking about my curling iron......but I just looked at both of my hair dryers.........and now I know why Carnivals don't work very well:o

If it looks like crap or junk or in disrepair or we have a problem kicking breakers we're gonna junk it and save you from burning your house down when you go home. Sounds like a plan to me. The most upset have been the people who have purchased quality items for those same reasons and I would expect they would agree with this policy. I certainly don't want to be on a burning ship-I don't swim well. :eek::eek: Yeah we're covering our A$$ and yours also-Thank you not required.

Oh just reread that I guess you have the unalienable right to burn your house down as they will give it back to you-Get some wieners and marshmallows and have a great post cruise party.

HAPPY SAILS TO YOU!!

Edited by optiron

Because it is legal only in the prescribed state.

Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Back to the fan and power strip issue.... :cool:

Not so at all. If the items in question are in good repair there won't be any issues.

Heeleys wer prohibited on the OLD list. Carnival must not have enforced it if they were onboard.

You're not going to believe this...you can only take on two bottles of wine, you can't take any other booze at all. Those beards....must be trying to get us to cruise elsewhere. :confused:

What's next no luggage at all?

Not so at all. If the items in question are in good repair there won't be any issues.

I would LOVE to believe that but they DID take a curling iron from a passenger last week, BEFORE the new rules were in effect.

Believe me, I don't want to burn up in my sleep, but I think they overdid it this time. Lots of covering their own a$$.

No worries. I'm going to use the white noise app on my phone and leave my fan at home when I leave in a couple days. Not taking any chances.... :cool:

Notice the red! No one uses hair dryers that are that weak, that is the complaint with the ones on the ship to begin with.

Would that be a state of euphoria-I had the perception that was what cruising was all about.LOL:rolleyes: Damn you guys are fast.

Edited by optiron

Lets just be happy we have a list.Just no dollar store power strips and fans and duct taped curling irons.Take your white noise machines and sleep well.

Make a copy of the list to take with you.

Notice the red! No one uses hair dryers that are that weak, that is the complaint with the ones on the ship to begin with.

I know.......I just checked my little travel one and it is double that:rolleyes:

Do the suites have hairdryers on the Ecstasy?

Nope. None of the rooms on Ecstasy have hairdryers. Pack your own or you'll save LOTs of money on pictures like I did.:)

Ta Ta all and happy sailing. I'm not even gonna try to decipher the obscure new list. There are too many other vacaction options.

Happy Sailing all!

"Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided."

I know.......I just checked my little travel one and it is double that:rolleyes:

My travel one is also...700 watt is ridicously low for a hairdryer.

So power strips are not banned? :confused::confused:

So for clarification....electric fans are okay as long as they are in good working order??

Host Mach....see...I knew there would be questions. ;):p:o

I just checked my hair dryer and it says 1875W! Could that be right?!?!?!

Hmmm....just checked mine and it's 1200W. :eek:

Host Mach....see...I knew there would be questions. ;):p:o

I'm just mad now if they are not. I had just worked out how I'd be smuggling my power cords and power strips onto my next cruise! :p

Edited by gargoyle999

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

Prohibited Items – will be disposed of prior to boarding

• Alcohol in unsealed containers

So are they saying we can't bring our alcohol on board, but we can drink it all while in line to board? That'll make it a FUN embarkation line!