SteveS

Nude Cruises

I guess a nude or clothing optional cruise is a theme cruise. We had a great time on the Bare Necessities Hawaiian cruse in March. There were theme nights and a costume and talent show.

You won't get many repliss to to this. This is kind of a taboo subect. Personally, I say live and let live. For instance, if you want a personal tan on your balcony I say go for it. If ou happen to have a nosy neighbor, be abrupt and try to shame them out of it.

I guess a nude or clothing optional cruise is a theme cruise. We had a great time on the Bare Necessities Hawaiian cruse in March. There were theme nights and a costume and talent show.

:confused::confused:

Isn't that a contradiction in terms??:D

I'd love to sail a clothing-optional cruise! I have always thought of clothes as a necessary nuisance.

If you can face a cruise on a boat full of Germans maybe you shud checkout the Aida.de site.

All vessels have a special fkk area where you can sunbathe in your nothingness, have to wear clothes everwhere else though.

I've seen their ships around, but I don't speak any German, is it practical for English-speakers? I wasn't sure there would be an FKK area. And I have found many German ladies who like to dance, (some of the dance clubs around Toronto have a German heritage) so it seems possible, if Aida does accommodate English-only passengers.

:eek:After having wandered the "clothing optional" beach at Orient Beach, St. Martin...it nuked all the great young man fantasies from my special BANK...;)

Take a snapshot of the local Walmart , then picture that on a "clothing optional" beach and you'll be begging for cover-ups.

My advice, don't wreck a good fantasy.:eek::eek:

Now the the counterpart-Brazilian beaches are a whole-nother deal:D

Wrecked my expectations too. I have been to Brazil and it ruined my expectations.

I agree with the live and let live attitude. Just took me by surprise. :eek:

There are a dozen nude cruise every year. All are charters by Bare Necessities, Castaway Travel, Shoes Only, Swingers Cruises and others. The cost is more like none discounted fares on the textile cruise. Most of the large carriers offer their ships for these charters. Rules very from nudity on the pool deck at sea only to everywhere but the dinning room.

We did a B2B in February this year with a regular cruise followed by our fifth clothing optional / nude one on the carnival freedom. Apart from the obvious difference, the two experiences just didn't compare. Where o I start? Well the ship on the second week was more alive, had more passengers, a more party feel to it. So if I had to pick my big three differences not related to clothing I'd go with:

1; Additional activities. These ranged from photography sessions, to body painting, to massage. There is a huge amount just not offered on a regular cruise.

2; Theme nights. Ok I know they have these on the regular cruise but there is a vast difference again. Take the "big easy" night. On the regular cruise this was just a stage show and some additional themed entertainment. On the nude cruise it was still the stage show but included a Mardi Gra themed even where literally 100's of the passengers dressed up in costumes.

3; THE PEOPLE! The ship was more 'alive' on the second week. Prime example was the 'Beatles Tribute Show'. On the first week after this show, which is one of the best I've seen on a ship, light sticks were passed out to the audience and nothing these people just sat. I figured they need the ships doctor up there to check for a pulse. The next week the same thing happened towards the end of the show only the whole audience were on their feet singing along and cheering.

Maybe this people difference is due to a different mindset amongst our fellow Travelers that make them more outgoing. I don't know, infact I was to busy having fun to think about it.

For those wanting to try something new I'd thoroughly recommend it to you. To those lost in preconceptions and imaginings well you might want to remain in your comfort zone, though be careful those zones can quickly become a rut.

Be cautious of Shoes Only. Jonathan and Lori's other charter company went belly up--they continued to take deposits and even final payments on cruises they had no intention of delivering.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Truly the BEST Lifestyle week you could ask for! Have been on the RCCL Freedom 2012 Swinger's Cruise and now we will be on the Celebrity Century out of LA to Mexico in May!!

Awesome fun!!

C&C

As a lifelong naturist who also loves cruising I really fancy a Bare Necessities cruise. What about going solo? I am not looking for romance, I am happily married but I now cruise solo when textile as my husband doesn't like cruises and my daughter is now about to go off to university. We have our final cruise together on the Oriana booked after her A levels.

If you are a single guy, do NOT waste your money on BN. They will happily take your MONEY, because they don't want to be stuck with unsold cabins, but they don't want YOU. Expect to be treated like crap. Most of the other passengers don't want you either, they come from from clubs where, sight unseen, you aren't allowed and expect the same thing on ship.

There are a few single women, I've heard comments both negative and positive. Clodia, have you been on Oriana before? I was just on last month, short review posted under Best Ships For Dancing.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Save your $$$$ and go visit the Greek Islands in the summer..not the famous crowed ones but the smaller less known ones...lots of eastern Europeans enjoy having the clothing optional. Choice

The nude Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam was great. Nice ship, good food, great weather and the nicest people, both the crew and passengers. We had a wonderful time, much better than the Hawaii cruise.

The nude Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam was great. Nice ship, good food, great weather and the nicest people, both the crew and passengers. We had a wonderful time, much better than the Hawaii cruise.

Am I allowed to ask which charter group you used to book? I'd love to chat with you about this. Thanks.

No they don't.

Search for Bare Necessities Tour and Travel.

Edited by 2US

If you are a single guy, do NOT waste your money on BN. They will happily take your MONEY, because they don't want to be stuck with unsold cabins, but they don't want YOU. Expect to be treated like crap. Most of the other passengers don't want you either, they come from from clubs where, sight unseen, you aren't allowed and expect the same thing on ship.

There are a few single women, I've heard comments both negative and positive. Clodia, have you been on Oriana before? I was just on last month, short review posted under Best Ships For Dancing.

Sorry you had a bad time Bob. We have been on 4 Nude Cruises and met many single guys who were enjoying themselves.

Can anyone please tell me if they have nude cruises out of the uk, and what is a good company to book with

Can anyone please tell me if they have nude cruises out of the uk, and what is a good company to book with

Don't know for sure on cruises from the UK but we're on one out of Rome in 2015 on a 5 masted clipper.

Search for bare necessities tour and travel. You'll find genuine nude cruises, rather than "lifestyle" cruises.

Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by MandyMooToo

Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.

No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.

Thank you for the response!

All of the French Islands have nude beaches. The south half of Orient Beach on St Marten by The Orient Beach Club is full nude. There are five other nude beaches on St Marten that are more secluded. Some are on the Dutch side, St Maartin.

On St Thomas Little Magens Bay is nude but not legal. From Magens Bay Beach walk to the right keeping the bay on your left for a quarter mile. At high tide you'll be walking in waist deep water.

Take the BNT nude cruise in February 2015. It will be a tour of the French Islands and it's nude beaches.

Edited by Sailor208

All of the French Islands have nude beaches. The south half of Orient Beach on St Marten by The Orient Beach Club is full nude. There are five other nude beaches on St Marten that are more secluded. Some are on the Dutch side, St Maartin.

On St Thomas Little Magens Bay is nude but not legal. From Magens Bay Beach walk to the right keeping the bay on your left for a quarter mile. At high tide you'll be walking in waist deep water.

Take the BNT nude cruise in February 2015. It will be a tour of the French Islands and it's nude beaches.

Thank you for the info! I will google the February cruise for details.

Orient Beach on St. Martin is clothing optional (Google for details). Years ago, we sunbathed nude at the north shore beaches in the National Park on St. John's, USVI (a short ferry ride from St. Thomas). It is my understanding that the park rangers have been discouraging this lately (Google search). If so, that is unfortunate, it is lovely there.

All of the French Islands (like all of France) allow for topless sunbathing everywhere. This is true in Saint Martin, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Les Saintes, Saint Barth, but also French Polynesia, the south of France, Normandy coast, etc. This also applies to hotel pools.

As one poster described, nude bathing is allowed on Saint Martin at several beaches. Also in Martinique, Guadeloupe and Les Saintes. It is not allowed but frequently practiced and tolerated in Saint Barth, at Salines, Gouverneur and Colombier beaches.

Some other Carribean also have nude and/or topless beaches -- Jamaica, Antigua, to name a few.

Club Orient @ Orient Beach is full nude. Private beach - no vendors. Was there 1/2016. $20 for 2 chaises & umbrella.

IF you happen to book one of the Full Ship Lifestyle Takeovers (That regularly use RCCL, Celebrity and now MSC Divina) you can be naked on deck when not in port!!

IF you happen to book one of the Full Ship Lifestyle Takeovers (That regularly use RCCL, Celebrity and now MSC Divina) you can be naked on deck when not in port!!

But the original question was about nude cruises, not swingers cruises. Bare Necessities runs true nudist cruises, where you can be nude anywhere on the ship other than the MDR when not in port.

As a lifelong naturist who also loves cruising I really fancy a Bare Necessities cruise. What about going solo? I am not looking for romance, I am happily married but I now cruise solo when textile as my husband doesn't like cruises and my daughter is now about to go off to university. We have our final cruise together on the Oriana booked after her A levels.

Yes, would love to cruise naked,as I too am a lifelong naturist and cruise regularly with my wife, who doesn't share my naturist passion unfortunately.She is happy for me to practise naturism and I will sunbath naked whenever possible on our balcony when cruising. We will also visit clothing optional beaches when we visit different parts of the world, but she stays covered. What a pity you and I couldn't book a naked cruise together to share our dream. We have just come back from the Med cruising on the Independence of the Seas, so know Southampton well.

Yes, would love to cruise naked,as I too am a lifelong naturist and cruise regularly with my wife, who doesn't share my naturist passion unfortunately.She is happy for me to practise naturism and I will sunbath naked whenever possible on our balcony when cruising. We will also visit clothing optional beaches when we visit different parts of the world, but she stays covered. What a pity you and I couldn't book a naked cruise together to share our dream. We have just come back from the Med cruising on the Independence of the Seas, so know Southampton well.

My wife too will not bare it all. We go to Blind Creek Beach (a C/O beach) on Florida's Treasure Coast a few times a week - sometimes I go without her. We are in our 70's. She has body issues - three C sections. We used to go skinny dipping with her sister and friends when we were in our 20's. We always take a cruise that stops in Saint Martin so we can go to Club Orient for the day.

I never had sunbathed nude or even topless but had a desire to do so for several years. However just never got a chance to do so. This year I am planning to make that happen.

I am going on a cruise in the end of December that stops at St. Marteen, going to visit Orient Beach and go to the nude portion of the beach.

I travel solo, so I am a bit hesitant to go there alone. Hopefully I will meet some people on the cruise who want to give it a try as I do.

The Bare Necessities cruises are clothing optional, so someone uncomfortable being nude doesn't have to participate. You have to be clothed in the main dining room, so there are always clothed people around on the ship to blend in with. And I am sure there are some spouses that remain clothed the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had sunbathed nude or even topless but had a desire to do so for several years. However just never got a chance to do so. This year I am planning to make that happen.

I am going on a cruise in the end of December that stops at St. Marteen, going to visit Orient Beach and go to the nude portion of the beach.

I travel solo, so I am a bit hesitant to go there alone. Hopefully I will meet some people on the cruise who want to give it a try as I do.

Go to Club Orient - it's a private club on Orient Beach - facing the water, it's on your extreme right - and you won't get hassled by vendors. We were there in January and paid $20 for two chassis's & an umbrella. There are restaurants if you want to grab a bite to eat. We'll be there in December too - on the MSC Davina. If you're ever in Florida, there is Blind Creek Beach (Google it) on South Hutchinson Island on the Treasure Coast. :)C/O, :)friendly people, quiet. We go at least once a week.

The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

I love this restaurant. First time I went it was strange sitting in a restaurant naked as most places don't allow this. Loved it! Not the best food in the world but the atmosphere made up for it. Going back on my 08/28 cruise and can't wait. Enjoy!!!:D

I love this restaurant. First time I went it was strange sitting in a restaurant naked as most places don't allow this. Loved it! Not the best food in the world but the atmosphere made up for it. Going back on my 08/28 cruise and can't wait. Enjoy!!!:D

The food was a lot better last year when we stayed at Club Orient for a week. The atmosphere is even better for dinner/dancing, but you won't get to see that when on a day trip from a cruise.