Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?

steveaaaaa

Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?  

925 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Going back many years I remember the steel band playing on deck for hours day after day and it seems over the last several years they are playing less or not even there.

Do you wish they were there more often?

Steve

Yes...This thing with the big screens on the new ships....Well, I really won't say what I think of it but, yes again. I say no more big screen music during the day and give me some cool steel drums.....

By the way Steve...This might be the first pole you get a 100% yes on....

Absolutely yes, more steel drums. Should definitely have more live music during the day like years ago. Dont really care for the big screen movies. Live music is what is should be.

CARNIVAL, BRING IT BACK!!!

Going back many years I remember the steel band playing on deck for hours day after day and it seems over the last several years they are playing less or not even there.

Do you wish they were there more often?

Steve

YES YES YES YES !!! did I mention YES

I would rather have bands yes, but not so much of the steel drums. I actually voted no here. I don't mind them from time to time, but in the past they were overdone in my opinion.

Unfortunately, it's been so long that they played frequently that I don't remember it ever being overdone. They could play from morning 'til night and it is still wouldn't get old for me.

We have not cruised yet, but I did vote yes. On some of our Florida Beach Vacations we have stayed at hotels that have had the steel drum bans out by the pool. This alone has added so much to the relaxing feel of the vacation. IMO, I think that folks would be more likely to spend more at the pool bars if they were in the vacation mode -VS- a blasting TV screen.

Definately bring the steel drums for sailaways! More emphasis is needed on the live music, whatever kind it may be during this time. Having some sort of barbecue would also be nice (one of the NCL ships did this during their sailaways).

When the ship is underway, the large screen can then entertain the sunbathers.

I am in shock. A Stevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa poll that actually makes sense. Yes, definetly they should bring back a full steel drum band.

Well every now and then even a blind squirrel gets a nut.:D

Steve

Our last cruise was Jan 2008....we're going again Aug 2010.....didn't realize the 'big screens' replaced the live music....can't imagine not enjoying the 'festive atmosphere' of the live music and DOD 'to get the party started' while the ship is still docked.....we have WONDERFUL memories of those first few hours...and the steel drum, reggae-style music is what I think of when I enjoy those memories!

PLEASE...bring back LIVE music! Movies at night only...?

Archived