Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?

steveaaaaa

Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?  

925 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the steel drum band back and playing more on deck?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

This cut is the most unacceptable one. What a Caribbean cruise without a calypso band (the duos are terrible and Carnival should be embarrassed). We want to drink, dance, and relax to the full calypso live band music. Awful job Carnival, please bring them back and bring back what a cruise is all about.

Do not consider Carnival as much as I used to compared to the lines that still invest in entertainment and in particular calypso bands (NCL, RCCL). Carnival, why lose money and business over this let alone ruin what used to be the best part of a cruise - listening to the full live band all day by the pool plus on Caribbean night. Please bring back the additional calypso band members. IT MATTERS.

Which lido would you rather be on?

NCL NOW

Carnival NOW

OLD CARNIVAL

Put us in the category of stopping Carnival until the full calypso bands are back. This matters too much to too many of us. Just got off a cruise and it will be our last with Carnival for awhile. It's a shame that they are losing business to other lines for the sake of having cut two or three musicians from the calypso band and refusing to bring them back. When they are back, we will be back.

Those videos are fairly accurate!! (Sad to say for Carnival)

Tom

I was on a Panama Canal cruise on the Norwegian Pearl in april/may this year. The first week of the cruise it was a GREAT calypso band playing at the pool from noon until about 4:30 (with some breaks) every sea day.

The second week of the cruise (pacific ocean) they didn't play as much, a latino band played insread. Boring.

I hope to relive the first weeks enterteinment on my Cranival Dream cruise this fall. In my mind it is a very important part of cruising.

Of course - I don't know if Carnival really wants to find out the results of a poll regarding this topic... It might cost them a few dollars! :eek:

When a company which deals with BILLIONS makes cutbacks like this - the word CHEAP comes to mind. :rolleyes:

I can understand why they eliminated the musical duos from the Supper Clubs, and soon changed the name to Steakhouses... as what's the point of having a refined atmosphere with live music when jeans and baseball caps are permitted!

Tom

Don't care one way or the other. If I'm on deck, I'd much rather be on Serenity where it is blissfully quiet.

Which means, if it saves Carnival money and improves the bottom line, I am all for the cutbacks.

Don't care one way or the other. If I'm on deck, I'd much rather be on Serenity where it is blissfully quiet.

Which means, if it saves Carnival money and improves the bottom line, I am all for the cutbacks.

tef - I would not be out there on deck anyway... unless Carnival set up something like they had on the Epic: Blackjack tables near the pool (under cover). I could get into some calypso music while playing... tunes, good drinks, good times!

Tom

Has anyone thought about or tried showing this to John. Since so many of us feel so strongly about the calypso bands on lido instead of the calypso duos and they make such a difference to so many of us, maybe John can address this with the beards....?

We'll book our next Carnival cruise as soon as we hear the calypso bands are back!

Has anyone thought about or tried showing this to John. Since so many of us feel so strongly about the calypso bands on lido instead of the calypso duos and they make such a difference to so many of us, maybe John can address this with the beards....?

We'll book our next Carnival cruise as soon as we hear the calypso bands are back!

I wonder if "the beards" really even have beards... ;)

Tom

Has anyone brought this up to Carnival. If it matters so much, and if it's keeping business away and impacting the cruise (which it is), then maybe it's worth the extra few hundred bucks a ship. After all profits are record high. The additional two band members from calypso duo to band make the lido deck and cruise into the amazing one and cruise we used to have with Carnival.

Has anyone brought this up to Carnival. If it matters so much, and if it's keeping business away and impacting the cruise (which it is), then maybe it's worth the extra few hundred bucks a ship. After all profits are record high. The additional two band members from calypso duo to band make the lido deck and cruise into the amazing one and cruise we used to have with Carnival.

They are, undoubtedly, aware. The only things which really catch their eye are things which will either MAKE or SAVE them $. I don't see them going back on this, because MANY people are oblivious as to what it once was. Carnival caters more to the new cruiser, rather than the long time cruiser.

Tom

Archived