Best and Closest Car Rental Co. to Cape Canaveral Port?

I've used both Budget and Hertz from Port Canaveral. They'll pick you up at the port and take you to about 5 minutes away to where their cars are. I don't know if you're just in for the day or if you're embarking/debarking your cruise from there. If you're done your cruise you can also drop your car off at the airport. I'd go with whoever gives you the best price. The rental offices are all really close (at least Budget and Hertz are). You could use google maps to find exactly which one is closer.

Hope this helps.

We'll be using budget for our trip next week while we're in Port Canveral for the day. They said they run shuttles to their office from the port from 7am to 8pm. They're listed as about 1/2 mile away from the port but from the local board, it was noted that none of the rental agencies are really walkable since it's along a highway. There's also an avis and enterprise which run shuttles to and from the port. I think Enterprise replaced the hertz.

We've used Budget twice without a problem. Do note that the weekend/holiday hours are different than other days - you can go to their website and find the local office for hours.

Actually waiting for car or signing paperwork takes longer than ride to/from ship.

Archived