Everything Allure

To make life a little easier how about we talk/post about the Allure of the Seas here.:D

What do we know so far?

What will be different on her to what is on her sister Oasis?

What do you want to know about Allure?

Anyone know when her sea trials are? :confused:

Here's what little I know:

Allure's 'Broadway' show will be Chicago (Oasis' show is Hairspray);

Allure will have 'Rita Cantina' instead of Oasis' 'Seafood Shack' (I think the fee will be lower for Rita's too);

Allure is a Saturday departure, as opposed to Oasis' Sunday sailings (right?)

One thing that's the same:

I'm not booked on either one, something I hope to remedy in the near future.

And Park Café is going to be on the Boardwalk instead of in Central Park. I wonder if they'll change the name.

DH is looking forward to the Boardwalk Dog House. I like the idea of the in-room iPod docks.

Yay! An Allure thread!! (Sorry, I don't have anything to add, except to thank the OP for starting this thread). I think some of the things that didn't work so well on Oasis will be fixed on the Allure. The Boardwalk is apparently not getting the traffic expected, and I think the change from a seafood place to a Mexican restaurant is great. On the other hand, I would prefer to see Hairspray rather than Chicago, but I like the idea that each ship has its own identity and different show, so one can get different experiences on the different ships. The iPod docking station is a definte plus.

The other "problem" on Oasis (which is incredibly successful), is the buffet being too crowded; maybe Allure will reconfigure the space somehow or open up a separate buffet area.

And Park Café is going to be on the Boardwalk instead of in Central Park. I wonder if they'll change the name.

DH is looking forward to the Boardwalk Dog House. I like the idea of the in-room iPod docks.

I have not heard that Park Cafe will be moved to Boardwalk, and would be very surprised if this were true. Lisa Bauer said why they were adding Boardwalk Dog House to the Boardwalk area is because the Boardwalk area didn't have enough free eating places. I think Park Cafe is staying put in Central Park.

From the Nation of Why Not Blog:

Two of the new areas will both be located on the Boardwalk. After seeing the amazing success of Park Café in Central Park, we wanted to create a unique complimentary food offering on the Boardwalk as well. As a result, we will be introducing the Boardwalk Dog House. This venue will feature a unique menu of (free) hotdogs and sausages, and guests can create their own dog by selecting from a menu of toppings.

Great thread! I just booked Allure today and can't wait to learn more info about her as the details are unravelled. (did I spell that correctly?!) I'm really excited to cruise on a new ship too - wonder if it will have that new ship smell in March? ;)

Other "new" things:

Allure will have a Guess store (Oasis has Coach)

3D movie theater

My bad, I apparently misread the article. Park Café is staying put. Good deal, as I'm looking forward to trying the roast beef sandwiches, and Park Café is closer to our stateroom being in Central Park than it would be on the Boardwalk. :D

They have yet to update the deck plan for Deck 6 to show the changes on the Boardwalk. Just sayin'.

Yay! An Allure thread. Now I don't have spend so much time searching. Thanks. I don't have anything to add but I think that the "Dog House" is a great idea. I have not been on Oasis but from what I have read the Boardwalk needs more "free attractions". Sounds like it was not getting as much traffic as expected due to the fact that there were quite a few "pay" places. Also sounds like the Seafood Shack was not as much a success as expected. Looking forward to lots more Allure info to keep me busy for the next year! Thanks again.:D Laura

3D movie theater

Is the Guess store replacing Coach? The news that I received stated it was replacing the photo shop, so I assumed Coach would remain! I was looking forward to picking up a new bag.

Is the Guess store replacing Coach? The news that I received stated it was replacing the photo shop, so I assumed Coach would remain! I was looking forward to picking up a new bag.

Hmm... you know what? You're right! I just reread the press release and Guess will be located where the photo store was on Oasis. Now I'm wondering if Coach will still be there too? :confused: Not sure why my mind was thinking it wouldn't - maybe I just assumed too much?!! :eek: Sorry for any confusions I've caused... :o

I believe the boardwak Dog House is replacing the donut shop...

I would wait and buy the Coach purse from the outlet stores, heard the prices are retail and they are not the current styles so you can probably get a better deal at the outlets and there is a large outlet mall about 15 minutes or so from the fort with a wonderful coach factory store right there...

I would wait and buy the Coach purse from the outlet stores, heard the prices are retail and they are not the current styles so you can probably get a better deal at the outlets and there is a large outlet mall about 15 minutes or so from the fort with a wonderful coach factory store right there...

The Dog House is being placed where the donut shop was, but the donut shop will still exist. :D It's being moved by the ice cream shop. Or so they say in the press release...

Where is the Coach factory store at?

Where is the Coach factory store at?

Sawgrass Mills, 12801 West Sunrise Blvd, Sunrise, FL

About 17 miles from the cruise terminals, 20-25 minutes' drive. I'm hoping to check it out myself when we go done. Lived in Florida nearly 10 years and have yet to visit.

Great thread! I just booked Allure today and can't wait to learn more info about her as the details are unravelled. (did I spell that correctly?!) I'm really excited to cruise on a new ship too - wonder if it will have that new ship smell in March? ;)

Other "new" things:

3D movie theater

ill be getting on while youre getting off (that doesn't sound too good). it would be cool if you wrote about your impressions while at sea

ill be getting on while youre getting off (that doesn't sound too good). it would be cool if you wrote about your impressions while at sea

LOL - nope it doesn't sound right, but, hey, if the shoe fits... :D

As much as I would love to do a "Live on the Allure," I do believe my husband would push me overboard if I even tinkered with the idea around him. :p I will do a review when I return though... and I look forward to reading yours as well. Better yet, I look forward to reading your LIVE thread!!! :D

Hi everyone :D

How about if we spot a RCCL news report we post it here? That way it will be easier for us all to keep up to date on what is happening with Allure.

So to start us off here is copy of the news from the Allure of the Seas.com website, that we got recently. :D

3-D Movie Screens, Trendy Retail Stores and New Dining Offerings aboard Royal Caribbean’s Newest Ship

MIAMI, May 13, 2010 – When she debuts this December 2010, Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas will bring a refreshing new array of features and amenities to the high seas as the world’s next largest and most innovative cruise ship. Following the announcement of Chicago: The Musical as the ship’s signature Broadway production, Royal Caribbean is sharing the next of several new onboard amenities that will surprise and delight Allure of the Seas’ guests.

Allure of the Seas will offer guests a new set of onboard amenities and entertainment and dining options that will help make a most memorable vacation,” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president, Hotel Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “Though Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas are sister ships, each ship’s distinctive onboard experience will offer guests a wide selection of choices that appeals to every age and lifestyle. Throughout, guests will also enjoy the Royal treatment, delivered by every member of our world-renowned friendly and engaging staff and crew.”

Among the features being introduced aboard Allure of the Seas will include a 3-D Movie Screen. The phenomenon of 3-D movies adds a new dimension to Entertainment Place, thanks to specially equipped 3-D screens in the ship’s Amber Theater. Following suit, Royal Caribbean’s popular Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas, as well as sister-ship Oasis of the Seas, also will be equipped with 3-D technology as soon as January 2011.

Combining the best of classic Mexican beach bars and Southern California’s famed taquerias, Rita’s Cantina will be avibrant new restaurant in the Boardwalk neighborhood. Adults and kids alike will enjoy some of their favorite Mexican fare, such as shrimp ceviche tostadas, warm tortilla chips with salsa and fiesta guacamole, as well as entrées, such as fajitas, fish tacos and Chipotle-style flautas. The more casual setting will be a favorite lunch, snack or dinner spot for guests seeking a flavorful fiesta aboard Allure of the Seas. Rita’s Cantina also will boast some of the best and widest selection of margaritas at sea, offering both authentic and signature concoctions mixed with a choice from the extensive list of quality tequilas, served on the rocks or frozen in a variety of fruit-flavor combinations. In addition, Rita Cantina will introduce new nightlife to Boardwalk with live guitar music, drinks and dancing. Rita’s Cantina’s design will include large open breeze ways and an outdoor seating area complete with high top tables and stools, and will be located in place of Seafood Shackaboard Oasis of the Seas.

Also new to Boardwalk’s dynamic and engaging scene will be The Boardwalk Dog House, an outdoor hot-dog specialty counter located where the donut shop is on Oasis of the Seas. Guests can choose from traditional hot dogs, wieners, brats, sausages and other delicious linked meats and a variety of toppings to split a long bun. The Donut Shop will remain on Boardwalk in a new location next to the Ice Cream Shoppe.

One of the world’s most recognizable fashion apparel companies, GUESS, also will debut its first flagship store at sea this December in Allure of the Seas’ Royal Promenade neighborhood. Guests will enjoy the latest stylish handbags, wallets, watches, shoes, jewelry, eyewear and perfumes in one of the largest GUESS accessory stores. The GUESS Accessory boutique will be located in place of Focus Photo Shop on deck six.

Guests also will enjoy new complimentary onboard conveniences, such as guest services kiosks in the Royal Promenade where guests can instantly view, print or e-mail their SeaPass folio or their personal calendar, or check-in and print airline boarding passes. Each stateroom aboard Allure of the Seas also will be equipped with an Apple Ipod dock for guests to set their own personal ambience.

Allure of the Seas will share the title of the world’s largest and most revolutionary cruise ship with sister-ship Oasis of the Seas. An architectural marvel at sea, she will span 16 decks, encompass 225,282 gross registered tons, carry 5,400 guests at double occupancy, and feature 2,700 staterooms. Allure of the Seas will tout Royal Caribbean’s exclusive neighborhood concept of seven distinct themed areas, which will include Central Park, Boardwalk, the Royal Promenade, the Pool and Sports Zone, Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, Entertainment Place and Youth Zone. The ship will alternate a Western Caribbean with an Eastern Caribbean seven-night itinerary from her home port of Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Additional information is available at www.AllureoftheSeas.com.

LOL - nope it doesn't sound right, but, hey, if the shoe fits... :D

As much as I would love to do a "Live on the Allure," I do believe my husband would push me overboard if I even tinkered with the idea around him. :p I will do a review when I return though... and I look forward to reading yours as well. Better yet, I look forward to reading your LIVE thread!!! :D

My wife would kick my @$$!! If she even sees me touch a computer on vacation

Archived