Anyone doing the HCG diet?

For those of you who are doing this, you may find the following helpful:

GNC has a deal right now on NiGen BioTech HCG Solution.

When I say right now, I mean immediately. It is the deal of the day and the 1 ounce bottle is $22.99 with free shipping.

If you read my earlier posts in this thread, you can see that I am not a big fan of HCG but since there are a bunch of you determined to do it, I figured that maybe some of you will save some money from this deal.

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10881650&csm=173680658&csc=441268&csa=174145460&csu=445147

• 2 weeks later...

I was so excited to see a message board on HCG. I purchased my HCG drops last month, but realized there is no way I could do the diet through the holidays. I have spent the last month getting mentally ready for the 26 days of VLCD and purchased all the meat I will need for those days. (there is a website for the perfect portions for HCG, so I ordered my meat through them). I have also bought a couple of HCG gourmet cookbooks to add variety to the meals. My goal is to lose 15-20 lbs. My cruise set sail on March 19, so I should be a couple of weeks into phase 4 - adding starch and sugars again. Hopefully I'll make some good choices on the cruise and won't ruin everything I worked for. :o Good luck to everyone on the HCG.

Hi Everyone!

I started the HCG drops on 12/26/10. I am using the NiGen BioTech HCG Solution from GNC. Has anyone noticed a light headed and shaking feeling after taking them? It last for about 20 minutes.

Food wise it is going better today. Yesterday was murder after all the holiday goodies.

Thanks and good luck!

Nora

Weeza - how are things going for you? I am very interested in doing this diet. Just a little leary of the ordering online/overseas part. Anyone have any feedback on this part of it? The brand that was recommended earlier in this post is out of stock and another brand will be shipped instead. My mother swears by this diet I just want to know what/where this is coming from. My cruise is in about 2 1/2 months so timing is perfect for me to get started on this. Can anyone help me out?

I did the Meridal brand hCG drops along with Meridal "Weight Loss Formula". I started with a 5 day cleanse from Young Living which was basically 3 protein shakes w/ a pure juice blend shot/day. Lost 7 during the cleanse, actually cut back on the amt of protein shake mix I used bc I found it hard to finish. Did a modified, lazy version of the 500 cal diet with the drops for 21 days and lost another 14 lbs. I was NEVER hungry, and I attribute that to the drops. However I'm a chocoholic and found a leftover bag of mini reese's a week into the hcg and went downhill on discipline from then on. I continued to eat less, but not perfect, so only lost about 1 lb/day instead of 2. I did this RIGHT before a 5 night cruise, gained 5 lbs back during the cruise just eating normal for me w/out my chocolate supply, and eventually did gain the rest of the weight back. I will say that no matter when I've lost weight over the years, it's usually started by a medication change that suppresses my appetite (not rx for that reason) and sometimes I get on the bandwagon unintentionally and lose 30-50 lbs w/out really trying. EVERY time, whether it's 2 months or 2 yrs later, I end up gaining back plus more. Sometimes this is also due to medication changes, or severe stress situations, but makes for little motivation to lose in the first place. How I look in pictures is really the only motivation, for my kid's memories I guess.

Good to mention also that I had severe pain issues during the month of hcg and could not exercise at all. I think had I been able to walk at least 1-2 miles/day, I would have doubled or tripled my weight loss. The 20 lbs I think did help me to enjoy excursions with my girls (along w/ some oxycodone when we got back to the ship), so it was worth it.

I tried it again 6 months later but just wasn't into it discipline wise and stopped after about 10 days. The two bottles of drops, one which is only used halfway in the 21 days, cost about $40. The 5 day cleanse was more like $100 but it is all you consume foodwise, other than lemon water and tea, for those 5 days.

This is just my experience. I don't plan to read all the postings and don't care about checking back to see if I've been flamed. My weight is my problem, due to my lifestyle and eating habits. I wish after one of my 50 lb losses I could have gone for surgery as that eliminates the stretched skin and fat cells permanently, but with 3 kids to put thru college, that's not an option.

I have used hcg (drops) and lost 20 pounds in 30 days, unfortunately when my husband came back from overseas and i had to start cooking regular foods, i put 10 pounds back on lol...but im going to start back up, specially now that im going on a cruise in 54 days!!!

Anyways i just wanted to let you guys know where I get my HCG from...I order it online from alldaychemist.com....look for the hcg tab..(there is also a company called pharmacyescrow.com but i had trouble with customs releasing my order)....i got myself 15 bottles for about $260....(it was a sale)...the brand i ordered was "HUCOG 5000IU"......Thats all u need to look for, they also sell the 10000 IU and the premixed ones but I do not bother with them, i mix my own...so do lots of other folks.....5000IU is good enough......Then I ordered some colloidel silver, also called sovereign silver and 4fl.ounces of vitamin B 12 liquid....( "NOW" brand)...but not from that site....U mix the colloidal silver and b 12 with the hcg!! thats it...u take it twice a day.....for better explanation,and meassurments, you can go to You tube and look up a person called "mamaclok".....watch her videos especially the ones "how to order hcg or how to mix hcg.....very helpful videos.....u can also get menu ideas and people post themselves cooking up recipies for all the phases u are in....i have a site there as well, but sofar i have only posted all my favorite recipies there and some of the how to videos from various people.....

i believe it is cheaper buying everything online....from what i hear people are spending at the doctors office every week.......wow......also u must read DR.Simeons protocol before u start this diet so u know what to eat, how to do it and so on.....there is a link on my site also for that......there are lots of people on youtube doing this, she is just one of my favorite...lol......anyways u can look me up

www.youtube.com/tipsynoodle45

browse the videos and get informed...

best wishes,

Do you need a Rx to order from this site? Most of the products are made in India - that kind of scares me to order over the internet. I need to watch the videos but why do you need to mix? How many injections does one vial give you? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just started the HCG Diet. I'm on day 4 of the VLCD. It's been pretty easy so far. I'm doing the drops.

Sometimes I forget to take them..then I get noshie and remember. I need to take them before I get to that point.

I was 198lbs when I started and have lost 6lbs so far.

My goal was to lose 50lbs at first . I think I need to have something more realistic. 50lbs in 4o days ?? I don't think so. What should be a more realistic goal ?

I did this diet last fall and lost 22 pounds in 23 days, I think a pound or less a day is a more reasonable goal. I am ready to start the diet again in a week as I am about the same weight as you and would be delighted to take another 10-20 pounds off. I use the drops and they worked well for me, I did follow the diet precisely, no cheating and that is what made it sucessful for me. I went on a cruise and then came the holidays, I am up 3 pounds from my last day of the drops and I don't feel that is so bad. I have modified my diet when I am not on the drops to a modified Atkins, I try to use a lower fat Atkins. Good Luck to you and everyone and I will check in and see if I can answer any questions.

Completed my first week on diet and have lost 7 lbs !!! I have a few questions:

* How often should I take the drops ? Sometimes I forget to take them and I'm unclear how often. I actually am finding getting all my calories in a little difficult, I'm not that hungry. I've been taking the drops 3 X a day 8 drops...should I take less? once a day??

Usually they tell you how much and how often to take them...where did you get them? Maybe you can contact them and see. The drops I take are 10 drops three times a day. I have another bottle that has a appetite suppressant and energy booster in it and it is 4 drops 4 times a day, so I guess it must be a stronger formula. This is why I think you have to have directions for your particular formula.

I have never had a hard time getting 500 calories down...LOL I have a physical job and found I actually had to divide the food into 5 or 6 eatings, or I just got too weak.

Good job on the weight loss though! That is great and is such an incentive to keep on track!

Hi guys,

I was so happy to see an HCG section here that I waded through all these posts to see if anyone was still actively posting.

Like many here, I have tried everything, not majorly overweight, size 14(with gusts up to a 16) mid forties and 5'10". I was one of those crazy people who started at the beginning of November and through the injections, managed to lose 21 lbs. Gained 7 of them back and started doing the homeopathic drops that my friend did as he lost 70 lbs. and is in his 60s and has kept it off 7-8 months. I have now lost 11 lbs. and that includes 'relosing' my seven gained ones...I also have 6 friends and family members that are doing this with me and calling me daily to report their losses and what they are eating, lol.

Anyway, I just had to check in, say Hi! and tell you to keep the faith, this plan does something nothing else does, it actually eliminates the abnormal fat we store. Other diets attack the normal fat first, then deplete some of the muscle, and then finally start on the abnormal fat. Also with this plan, when we finish losing our bodies' abnormal fat, it (hcg) will no longer work as it will not remove the fat our bodies need. How cool is that!

I love this saying: Doing HCG is hard! But then, being fat is hard. So choose your hard!

Have a great day!

Liz in Kingwood

Great post Liz.

I just started my second round and I use the drops. From what I have heard, the men really lose the weight faster and greater amounts, hardly fair;~)

What is your plan for maintaining after this round? I will try a modified Atkins, less fat. I did that after my first round and did pretty well maintaining, even after a cruise and the holidays!

People are very discouraging when they hear what type of diet I am on, so I don't generally share that with many people. The TV and magazines have really slammed it.

This is the only one that has worked for me and I have been on them all. I am in my

50's, so you can imagine all the ones I have tried. LOL

Hi guys,

I was so happy to see an HCG section here that I waded through all these posts to see if anyone was still actively posting.

Like many here, I have tried everything, not majorly overweight, size 14(with gusts up to a 16) mid forties and 5'10". I was one of those crazy people who started at the beginning of November and through the injections, managed to lose 21 lbs. Gained 7 of them back and started doing the homeopathic drops that my friend did as he lost 70 lbs. and is in his 60s and has kept it off 7-8 months. I have now lost 11 lbs. and that includes 'relosing' my seven gained ones...I also have 6 friends and family members that are doing this with me and calling me daily to report their losses and what they are eating, lol.

Anyway, I just had to check in, say Hi! and tell you to keep the faith, this plan does something nothing else does, it actually eliminates the abnormal fat we store. Other diets attack the normal fat first, then deplete some of the muscle, and then finally start on the abnormal fat. Also with this plan, when we finish losing our bodies' abnormal fat, it (hcg) will no longer work as it will not remove the fat our bodies need. How cool is that!

I love this saying: Doing HCG is hard! But then, being fat is hard. So choose your hard!

Have a great day!

Liz in Kingwood

Liz, is that why I have lost 12lbs and haven't really noticed it in my jeans....I'm the same as you..except 5'6''. I notice a little in the bra but no one else has really noticed the loss.

What brand of drops do you use? I have not seen any results with my drops :(

Mine are distributed from BlueLine Products from Herriman, Utah. I got them locally. There are lots of places to get them and unfortunately some are fake. I would have gone through a Naturopath if I hadn't found them from a woman who had done this diet and then started selling the drops.

Have you bought the book or read the manuscript by Dr Simeons? It is a precise diet and formula and that contributes to success.

Wow, thanks guys for the nice welcome :-))

First, we do this for us, no one else. I got tired of letting other's opinions influence what was best for me. I am married to a physician and didn't even tell him when I went on the first round. It was an experiment, like every other time I'd tried to lose and didn't...Block, I FEEL for you, I totally do! I think the biggest key for me was to take my measurements every week. I took from neck to ankle, and especially above the 'em' chest, the largest part of the chest, and directly under, where the band would sit. I even wrote for hips "4 inches from belly button". I measured each upper arm, thigh and calf as well. When the scale doesn't move, the tape measure often does.

No one (except the two friends I told) noticed the loss until I'd lost at least 15 pounds. As of this morning I have lost 26.5 lbs (Whoopee, yea!!!) and over 22 inches. Not saying this to brag but to encourage you! My favorite treat is to try on clothes from the 'too small' section of my closet. I have from 8-18 in there and it has really boosted me when I'm down or hungry. I now have a 'too big' section!!!

Bighorn, thanks for sharing about your success :) My son is struggling so much on this and hasn't really had much fat loss that he knows of. He is away at college and trying to do this alone and I just ache for him. This is so hard at times. Other times it is a no brainer, ya know?

Drops...I went with hcgdropsplus because that's what my friend did and they also send 'support and hydrate' with the drops. The three work together to eliminate some of the usual symptoms, brain fog, constipation, hunger. They also have a free copy you can download of 'Pounds And Inches' just for putting in an email address.

The final thing that helps me is visiting hcgdietinfo and reading their forums. They have TONS of recipes and even a cheating section, which is a crack up to read.

When I am very tempted, I go in and read people's success stories. There is so much negative press as Bighorn mentioned that we NEED positive feedback and support. And as the snorkel guy mentioned, most people thing terrible things about this diet and I will tell you, part of that is justified. There are so many companies selling such diluted hcg that most of them don't work and we are the ones who feel like failures when we don't lose like our neighbor did on it. That's why I chose this one. I talked to one of the founders (I guess that's what she is) and she explained that since these are homeopathic that the support and the hydrate work with the hcg to help lose the fat. I just know that while it is different from doing the shots, it is working pretty well for me. Sandy, if you want to, check them out. Or Bighorn has another great option. I just know that my two friends that did gnc drops didn't have much success but that doesn't mean that none of the gnc drops work. No bashing please!

Ok, so how did everyone do this morning?

I finally moved the scale and it was down 1.5 as I had a 1 lb. gain yesterday and stayed the same the day before. So really, it is .5 but any downward motion is good, lol.

And regarding maintainance? I don't know. I just know that since I didn't end it the right way last time, I am going to be doing it better this time!. I will probably try to go on it one more time before our June 11th cruise but we have a TON of special events coming up this spring, so I'll have to look at the calendar and see when it could work.

I don't know about you, but doing this has shown me that I have been giving a lot of excuses. To myself, and to others about why I can't lose. I am slowly trying to break them, but see, I just gave you another one! tehehe

Ok, different question, what are y'all doing for exercise???

Have a wonderful day! Off to get my hair cut and 'blonded', yea!

Liz

ps. Bighorn, of course the tvs and magazines have slammed it! If people found out that it is the only thing that really works but taking out the 'right' fat, the other dieting companies would be out of business!

Yesterday was my first day of 500 calories, I actually lost a pound on my last gorge day! This morning I was down 3 pounds and that just floored me. The first round I did, it came off slowly but surely. I have to mention though, that I do private nursing and clean houses for a living so I am getting plenty of exercise. This is what puzzled me before on all the other diets I did, is why, being as active as I am, am I NOT losing?

I also do sit ups because my problem area is my mid section. It really did tone me up the first round and I have decided to stick with that and doing a few miles a week on my treadmill.

I will check out your websites you mentioned as I like to try different recipes. The website I subscribe to via Facebook is http://www.liquidhcgdiet.com It has recipes and support but I did not order anything off this site. I have a appetite suppressant and energy HCG formula that I use during the day and then take regular formula HCG in the evening.

Keep in touch girls and lets do this together :~)

Yes I did read the diet plan. Of coarse I have not stuck to it which may be why it is not working for me :o. It is very hard with my job but I figured I would try to tweak it a bit. I use the drops from GNC maybe I need the better stuff??

For exercise I meet with a personal trainer once a week and continue the program he sets for me 3x a week. The opposite days I am doing Zumba classes for cardio.

Only on my second week....soo ....I haven't really done much exercise:rolleyes:

I will probably hop on the treadmill.

I have lost 12lbs so far...this morning I got on the scale and stayed the same??? It was the first time. Oh well.

I never even thought of cheating..I figure I can be strong for 40 days. I have done Weight Watchers and I used to be able to figure out how to cheat BUT in the end it didn't work out.

I'm a little tired of eating shrimp,chicken and beef...I don't eat lamb or other fish so thats not an option. I have eaten eggs. Thinking of 2% cottage cheese is starting to sound good?

What do you all eat ?

Hi again,

Ok, I have to say I'm really glad to find you guys. Tonight I cheated like crazy. I found out that my mom had what might have been a mini-stroke and I just dealt with it in the usual way. Food glorious fooooddddd! She is ok but all tests were negative...not sure about what that really means.

Tomorrow morning, back to reality and back to business. Lots of water, boot camp in the morning and strict protocol all day. But that's the difference in my mindset from before. Before if I blew it to smithereens I would be depressed and beat myself up over it.

Oh, and just in case you want to live vicariously through my weight gain (cause we all know it will come! lol) I shared escargot bourgenonne (sp). Escargot in the puff pastry in a garlic butter and something green sauce. Lump crabcake that was baked, not fried. Steamed mussels, also in a garlicy sauce which I used only HALF of a piece of bread to sop up the sauce, AND a tuna tower with ahi, avacado, mango, red onion and something else...I did not have a glass of wine and I did not use any of the sauce that came with the crabcake. Now THAT'S willpower...

Ok, sorry I have no encouraging words, some days are just like that. I promise tomorrow I will be back to normal, I just need a good cry and maybe a hug from my DH.

Hugs,

Liz

Yes I did read the diet plan. Of coarse I have not stuck to it which may be why it is not working for me :o. It is very hard with my job but I figured I would try to tweak it a bit. I use the drops from GNC maybe I need the better stuff??

For exercise I meet with a personal trainer once a week and continue the program he sets for me 3x a week. The opposite days I am doing Zumba classes for cardio.

Wow! It sounds like you are getting lots of exercise. I admire your determination, in that department I fail for the most part.

I have heard conflicting stories about GNC's drops. Maybe you could find someone you know, that has done this diet and see where they got their drops.

Block,

I have thought about trying an egg now and then too. I have found some recipes online that help mix it up, with the beef, shrimp and chicken. My favorite is to grill the meat and add seasonings, slice or cube it and wrap it in lettuce like a taco. I also am just doing the minimum for the VLCD, 23 days...40 seemed like too long for me. I guess that is why I needed to do a second round..LOL

Liz,

I feel your frustration with dealing with anxiety and feelings with food. Sounds like you are doing the right thing by acknowledging and moving on though. Glad that your Mom is ok though. But I had my mouth watering when you said what you ate...YUM...anyways hang in there and good luck today to everyone.

Archived