Anyone doing the HCG diet?

Here's an idea for a food/fitness log: sparkpeople.com (been on and off it for a while and it's free. There is also a free APP as well.)

And regarding when you have to do the dinner/work thing: I would suggest that if possible you eat first (this way you won't be as attempted) and go into the lobby for a phone call you have to take. Come back when you think it's "

I am doing a dinner thing tonight and I have already checked out the menu online today...thought I was the only person who did that :D

Keep up the great work!

Donna

Yup, that's the one.

What's your name on MFP? Or you can add me - kim_ks

I agree that I would eat before the dinner and try not to eat there. During my first round we had graduation dinner for my oldest and we went to a Mexican restaurant. I was surprised at how easy it was to sit there and not eat. I never could've done that before hcg. I know alot of people eat out on P2, but for me it's just easier to eat at home and I know what I'm getting. I had my sparkling water with lime and I was fine.

Good luck tonight!

:confused: Has anyone ever cruised shortly after a round?

My first HCG round will end 12 days before we set sail..

If I hit my 25 pound goal... could I possibly gain it all back in 7 days on a ship?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Could you end the round early? You really need 3 weeks of stabilizing in P3 before you try adding carbs. Otherwise, you will just need to be VERY careful about what you eat on the cruise. It would be easy to gain very quickly if you haven't stabilized.

Could you end the round early? You really need 3 weeks of stabilizing in P3 before you try adding carbs. Otherwise, you will just need to be VERY careful about what you eat on the cruise. It would be easy to gain very quickly if you haven't stabilized.

I guess I could end early? I just have so much to lose that I hate to do it.

I have a doctor's appointment next week with the doc who I get the injections from. I will ask her then.

:confused:

I mean hopefully it isnt even physically possible to gain 25 pounds ( assuming I make that goal ) back in a week.. but I hate to undo the good I am doing!

Did the dinner thing last night, it all went well. I actually ate the three asparagus tips that were sticking out of the sauce. Then ate dinner when I got home. I made a phase 2 friendly egg salad (1 whole egg, 3 egg whites) with a recipe I found online.

Made big mistake at the dinner though, without realizing it. I had two glasses of Canada Dry Tonic Water. Did not realize the calories and carbs in that until I logged it in the journal this morning...holy crap.

Also HAD to use some lotion last night, living here in Florida the sun just beats down on you and my skin was getting pretty gnarly.

Next challenge, finding away to eliminate the lack of solid bodily waste elimination :eek: (to put it nicely).

Back on plan today.

Day 14: -30lbs. :D Boy, I sure hope this fad diet works :rolleyes:.

I have tried for so long to lose ten pounds, the success I've had with this is amazing. Plus I know my eating habits are changed for the better.

The one thing that has truly helped was journaling my foods over the course of a day. For what ever reason it works for me and keeps me focused.

Finally starting to show some measurement changes - neck down 1 inch, chest 3 inches, hips 3 inches. I should have measured my waist when I started, but I didn't. I didn't want to get caught up in that number because I wanted to go by how my pants felt vs. a tape measure. However, I know I lost inches there because my pants actually fall off without a belt, literally they slide right down - LOL.

I don't know if anyone else has these clothes, but you know in your closet there are things that that no longer fit - I have three sections in my closet - fat clothes, clothes I grew out of and lastly clothes from before I got hurt when I was my usual weight. I am now back into the grew out of clothes. It's like getting a new wardrobe for free!!

Day 14 - Down 11 pounds. Weight stalled 3 days..

Decided to do an apple day..

Did not do enough research first and screwed up in 2 ways..

#1 The protocol says NOT to do an apple day on an injection skip day.. This IS a skip day for me ( Doctor has me skip injection every Tuesday )

#2 Started my apple day with breakfast.. and protocol says to do it from lunch to lunch

I am at work now ( 10 hour shifts.. with all my apples packed.. ) so I guess I am in it for the duration.. even though I messed up.. apple day here I come! :confused:

Day 14 - Down 11 pounds. Weight stalled 3 days..

Decided to do an apple day..

Did not do enough research first and screwed up in 2 ways..

#1 The protocol says NOT to do an apple day on an injection skip day.. This IS a skip day for me ( Doctor has me skip injection every Tuesday )

#2 Started my apple day with breakfast.. and protocol says to do it from lunch to lunch

I am at work now ( 10 hour shifts.. with all my apples packed.. ) so I guess I am in it for the duration.. even though I messed up.. apple day here I come! :confused:

Is an apple day after only 3 days of stall? I was thinking it was 5? But I've never done an apple day so I'm not an expert on them. I hope it works for you!!

Is an apple day after only 3 days of stall? I was thinking it was 5? But I've never done an apple day so I'm not an expert on them. I hope it works for you!!

I believe the original protocol says 4-6 days.. but my doctor says 3.

and thank you!! I am hoping it works too! I think it will. I really have confidence in this stuff so far ! :D

Skip day? There's an HCG skip day in phase 2?

Kim?

Good morning :) For those doing the 40 injections, a skip day is suggested every week. It helps prolong the onset of immunity to the HCG. I wondered if it was something only my doctor did....but I reread the original HCG Simeons protocol this morning and he says the same.

AND happy to report that the apple day worked and I am down a pound today! Would have liked it to be more but still very happy ! Hope everyone has a great day!

Glad your apple day worked!!

As for the skip day, it is in Pounds & Inches. I have never done one because I was too worried about being hungry. And I've heard that you really can't become immune to hcg anyway. But now I know I wouldn't be hungry because I've done the 2 days without hcg at the end of the round and never been hungry.

Today is VLCD 10 for me and I am down 8 lbs! This round is going great - I am already halfway through my 3 weeks of P2! Yay!

Glad your apple day worked!!

As for the skip day, it is in Pounds & Inches. I have never done one because I was too worried about being hungry. And I've heard that you really can't become immune to hcg anyway. But now I know I wouldn't be hungry because I've done the 2 days without hcg at the end of the round and never been hungry.

Today is VLCD 10 for me and I am down 8 lbs! This round is going great - I am already halfway through my 3 weeks of P2! Yay!

Yeah I guess the reason you do not get hungry ( on skip ) is because the HCG stays in your system for 72 hours. - but I admit I was worried about that too !

Congrats on your loss so far ! Way to go !!!!!!!!!!

Back from a 4 day business trip where I mostly stayed on plan. I had to make adjustments here and there and adapt certain foods to work...but I stuck with it. The toughest part was maintaining the water intake, sometimes it just wasn't available - kind of awkward to drink 8 oz. of water from a water fountain :p.

Long story short - last week of phase 2 for me, down 33.5 in 21 days.

Since I am on the shorter plan, I did not even pay attention to the skip day, so I did not even remember it.

The most amazing thing to me, is not only the weight loss but the loss in inches - neck, chest, waist and hips.

Mac - congrats on your great success! I just finished week 2 and have had water weight gains the last two days making my total 8.6 lbs. in 15 days. I am happy with that. And hopefully this water will leave soon and I can lose some more before my round is over next weekend! :)

OK, am in the process of ending my 28 day phase 2 - weight loss thus far 40lbs...wahoo (2 pants sizes and even my shoes feel bigger - LOL).

Nervous about the transition to phase 3 as I really want to keep losing, but I get it, the body needs to stabilize and we have to ward off any immunity to HCG.

Just to check, after I finish P2, I do three VLCD days with no shots, then gradually start adding calories to prevent loss of muscle mass, is that correct?

OK, am in the process of ending my 28 day phase 2 - weight loss thus far 40lbs...wahoo (2 pants sizes and even my shoes feel bigger - LOL).

Nervous about the transition to phase 3 as I really want to keep losing, but I get it, the body needs to stabilize and we have to ward off any immunity to HCG.

Just to check, after I finish P2, I do three VLCD days with no shots, then gradually start adding calories to prevent loss of muscle mass, is that correct?

I believe that is correct. My doctor recomends adding 150 calories per day after your 3 day ween...

and congrats on your great loss !!!

Yes, add gradually - but not too slow. Your body is almost protein deficient at this point so make sure you're eating enough. Focus on protein and lots of good fat. I know I was starving so I just let my body tell me how much to eat. As long as you leave out the carbs, you shouldn't have any trouble stabilizing.

My personal experience was that after the loading days, I still put on weight for a day or two, then it dropped and hasn't stopped. I had a day here and there where I lost nothing, but most every day there was at least a pound for me.

Whatever you do, do a good two loading days...it is important. Don't eat liek you usually do, eat more. By my second loading day I felt almost sick I ate so much.

Also, don't cheat. Stick to it. Your body will react to the smallest cheat. I 110% recommend you go to Amazon, get a copy of Weight-loss Apocalypse and read it as quick as you can. It will help you understand what is going on with you and with your body. It helped my learn to recognize habitual eating/craving vs. actual hunger - a big realization for me.

Good luck and post often - we like company here.

Archived