Be Honest... Did I Miss a Spot?

Like the title says... did I miss a spot? Did I not include a picture of something on my blog you hoped to see onboard Rotterdam? Is there a special spot, a little something that you just LOVED onboard before and you want to see if it's still there after SOE 2?

Let me know, I'll be back onboard this Saturday!

dutchbyassociation@gmail.com

DBA

:) Forgive me but I have not read your other posts. Can you tell me about the Spa ??

I understand there is a separate charge to use this area and the Thermal pool.

I also have read that you are required to take out the passes for the entire cruise (ours will be 32 days). I

would really like to go on an individial basis as we are

sailing to Hawaii and Tahiti and, hopefully, the weather

will be pleasant and warm. Also, with the retracting roof

over the outside pool -- we shouldn't miss much pool time, if Mother Nature does not cooperate. I was told

the pass is less expensive on embarkation day as opposed to buying it in advance. Do you know

if DH and I can purchase just one pass and alternate

who uses it on which day ?? In your honest opinion, is

this area worth the cost ? ( $ 650 per person for entire cruise). Thanks so much. :)

DBA you on for the day or the whole cruise? Maybe see you onboard! Ill be the ones packing around our DSLRs :)

Just for the day. The company tries to arrange ship tours of the Seattle ships each summer. Give everyone a chance to see what's new, etc. As I wasn't thrilled with the fact a lot of my photos were taken in a setting I was unaware of when I got home and DIDN'T like, not to mention the fact I didn't have a chance to go running down the stairwells getting all of the Stephen Card art, I still have quite a bit to capture.

Unfortunately, tomorrow doesn't look like a good day for The Retreat. The weather has been AWFUL this week.

:) Forgive me but I have not read your other posts. Can you tell me about the Spa ??

I understand there is a separate charge to use this area and the Thermal pool.

I also have read that you are required to take out the passes for the entire cruise (ours will be 32 days). I

would really like to go on an individial basis as we are

sailing to Hawaii and Tahiti and, hopefully, the weather

will be pleasant and warm. Also, with the retracting roof

over the outside pool -- we shouldn't miss much pool time, if Mother Nature does not cooperate. I was told

the pass is less expensive on embarkation day as opposed to buying it in advance. Do you know

if DH and I can purchase just one pass and alternate

who uses it on which day ?? In your honest opinion, is

this area worth the cost ? ( $ 650 per person for entire cruise). Thanks so much. :)

Hi there,

Well, only you are really going to know if you consider it a good deal based on how much you plan on being in there. However, I love the heated loungers.

You can buy individual day passes but not ahead of time onboard. Those can only be purchased on the ship and if they're at capacity with guests doing the full cruise pass there's always a possibility they can't have more people do day passes.

Your keycard will actually be marked differently, so you can't just pass the card back and forth, but there is usually a discount on if you get 2 passes (a couples package sort of thing) as opposed to what the price for a single pass would be multiplied by 2.

Some of the spa junkies on here like LaffnVegas (Lisa) may be able to help with more specifics.

:) Thank you for your thoughts. Being a HAL employee, you probably have never seen the Thallossomy Pool on Celebrity's "Summit". From the photos on the Rotterdam's

website -- the thermal pool looks more like a

large hot tub as opposed to being a "pool". The T pool

on the Summit was wonderful and no extra cost.

If any others who have used both would like to comment - please do so.

Archived