Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Reading some of the articles makes me want to scream. How many of them are gonna say that you took on the name of Aquahound in order to solve this mystery???

Also, I read a few of the Yahoo article comments. I want to SCREAM at the guy who asked why you didn't just use the camera's serial number to find out where it came from..."Oh yeah, then he wouldn't have gotten his 15 minutes of fame."

Amazing that when one bit of info is left out of an article, it completely turns everything around. I wanted to scream, "OF COURSE HE DID THAT BUT THEY ARTICLE DOESN'T MENTION IT."

I better stop reading now, lol.

Reading some of the articles makes me want to scream. How many of them are gonna say that you took on the name of Aquahound in order to solve this mystery???

Also, I read a few of the Yahoo article comments. I want to SCREAM at the guy who asked why you didn't just use the camera's serial number to find out where it came from..."Oh yeah, then he wouldn't have gotten his 15 minutes of fame."

You are feeling a lot of my frustration.

As we all know, my screen name had nothing to do with this story. My screen name is derived from when I was active duty CG and I was at a Search and Rescue station. We were known as SAR Dogs. That's been my e-mail name since I bought my first computer in the late 90s.

The Yahoo comments are just stupid. I couldn't even read them. The camera s/n? Duh! Of course I checked the s/n. Problem was, it was sold as a package with the waterproof case by Ikelite. Nikon could only track it to Ikelite. The buyer never registered it. Even if he had, Ikelite and Nikon weren't going to just give it to me.

Just stay here or Scubaboard for the real story. ;):)

I feel so privileged "knowing" not only you, but the REAL story! :) Congrats on your new found fame.

I'm so glad it all turned out NOT to be a joke (which I realized back on page one, really). When I went to the turtle video and saw it was posted in May and had 2.4 million hits, I was like, "OK now this video is gonna be a joke because WHY would it have so many hits??"

I'm glad I continued on to see! :)

I feel so privileged "knowing" not only you, but the REAL story! :) Congrats on your new found fame.

I'm so glad it all turned out NOT to be a joke (which I realized back on page one, really). When I went to the turtle video and saw it was posted in May and had 2.4 million hits, I was like, "OK now this video is gonna be a joke because WHY would it have so many hits??"

I'm glad I continued on to see! :)

Don't you know that people who comment on internet boards are losers who don't know anything? :D

Seriously, most people are morons.

Don't you know that people who comment on internet boards are losers who don't know anything? :D

Seriously, most people are morons.

I kind of like some of the losers and morons that I regularly encounter on this site!:p:D

I know, I do too. I was just kidding. ;)

But seriously, have you read the comments on Yahoo? :eek:

Comments on any article I read online are beyond amazing. People say the most idiotic things behind their computer's anonymity. The spelling is torture, and it all usually ends up being Obama's or Bush's fault anyway. :D

Comments on any article I read online are beyond amazing. People say the most idiotic things behind their computer's anonymity. The spelling is torture, and it all usually ends up being Obama's or Bush's fault anyway. :D

On MSNBC it is always Bush's fault.

Edited by Ocean Boy

But seriously, have you read the comments on Yahoo? :eek:

You should have read the comments on my You Tube video before I deleted them. Would you believe some idiot across the pond actually posted that he wanted to kill me? I opened his profile and he was some scrawny snot-nosed kid. It's pretty sad. I still have it set up where I have to approve all comments before they post just for that reason.

He wanted to KILL you? LOL. I think we have a future serial killer on our hands. At the very least, someone with some SERIOUS anger management issues. :)

PS you have George Bush to thank for that.

Edited by amybeth4

You should have read the comments on my You Tube video before I deleted them. Would you believe some idiot across the pond actually posted that he wanted to kill me? I opened his profile and he was some scrawny snot-nosed kid. It's pretty sad. I still have it set up where I have to approve all comments before they post just for that reason.

What???? Unbelievable. He's just bitter that his team choked in the World Cup! :eek::eek:

Honestly, I kept seeing it promoted as the "turtle who took his own pictures" story. I had no idea it was you until I rewound it on my DVR and paid attention. You clearly aren't looking for fame. It's such a cool story.

You clearly aren't looking for fame.

Oh, heck no. In fact, if you read the Scubaboard thread, you'll see they were the ones who were pushing for the turtle video to be posted. By the time I figured how to edit it down to an uploadable version, I was so frustrated I almost trashed the whole thing. I didn't even have a You Tube account prior to it.

Awesome thread!!! Paul, thanks for restoring some faith in us that good human beings are still out there...

I read about this and watched on TV, and thought it was an amazing story. I hope you and the owner do get to meet. And don't pass up a visit to Aruba, it is a beautiful paradise island :D

(And thanks for working on that oil spill also... We sure need people like you to get some accountability for what is happening to our environment!)

I can't believe I just now heard about this. Truly amazing.

And about that agent thing - Aqua, your agent should also be a CC member and hmmm.... I happen to know a good one. ;)

Congratulations on a remarkable story. Looking forward to seeing the youtube when I'm home and can listen to glub glub sounds for 5 minutes without my office thinking I've lost my mind. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...