Oceania (Regatta) to sail in OZ again in 2012

Paulchili

While looking at the Port of Sydney cruise calendar for cruises around Australia (usually on Princess) I noticed that Regatta is scheduled to be docked in Sydney on Feb 21, 2012 - good news! I wonder if she'll be coming from the South Pacific as this is te only day I see her in Sydney?

Check out this site:

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

And he could not verify . . .

We need someone with a lot of clout to find out for sure.

One of the Celebrity ships showed it was berthing in Melbourne or Sydney and it turned out that Celebrity decided not to go to Australia/NZ in 2012 - they even had it as a featured itinerary on their website on one point.

Sadly, this is the word from the powers that be over at O:

"Our 2012 Itineraries are still undecided. It’s fairly common for all cruise lines to book speculative berths. People shouldn’t read anything into it."

"Our 2012 Itineraries are still undecided. It’s fairly common for all cruise lines to book speculative berths. People shouldn’t read anything into it."

That may be true but..... where there is smoke, there is - a cruise?

These berths are quite recent postings as I have not seen them before. They are obviously not for randomly chosen dates but are based on planned/proposed itineraries that may or may not happen. Most of us hope that they will materialize - time will tell.

I will hope - but my hopes were dashed with Celebrity once.

I really prefer O. The only other OZ cruise choice is Regent (HAL, Princess and Royal Caribbean are out of the question for us).

There are some benefits to a land based trip (we have already started looking at options). Many of the sights are in the interior - away from the ports. But all that packing and unpacking! UGH

Purely guesswork. I have talked to no one --not at Oceania, not my TA, only my best WAG.

Regatta ends up in New York City in November, after a Summer season in Alaska and a Fall season sailing to Montreal and back.

Normally (pre-Marina) she would be sailing the Caribbean in the Winter season. But, my guess is that Marina is going to pick up most of that area.

That means that Regatta has got to go somewhere in the Winter season.

I foresee a NY to Miami cruise, maybe to Bermuda, Yorktown, Charleston, etc., then maybe a little bouncing on a short run in the Atlantic and Caribbean, then a trip through the Gulf (assuming ships can sail through it :rolleyes:) and back through the canal, then perhaps on to the South Seas, and a couple of stops in Sydney and at least one trip around Aussie land, then back to San Francisco by May to start her second Alaska season.

Remember, back on September 4, 2009, FDR said, "Regatta- Winter 2011-12 South Pacific here we come-PROBABLY!!!"

But, as JimandStand reported, it's too soon to tell, and your guess is as good as mine.

Don - you are feeding my optimism.

I will be on the fabulous Paul Gauguin in August about when the O 2012 itineraries come out. I am giving instructions to my TA to book the OZ trip on Regatta if it does come to pass.

Odds are that Regatta, now 10/24 NYC, will end up in LAX sometime, and, then, it's do the Mex. Riviera, I think not, or, something else.

So, where to? Probably one or two r/t Hawaii, or, maybe OZ. I guess OZ.

LAX to Tahiti, Tahiti/Auckland, Auckland/Sydney, and, the reverse three, in time for next time Alaska.

Just an educated guess!

OK, then I won't read anything into it that the ship's speculative schedule does not include an overnight in Sydney, which I would prefer.

I am sure it is so - the only remaining question is the itinerary.

Maybe Jan can help ;)?

Probably, good news coming for you in a few weeks..cant answer any more questions..but you should all be happy!

Jancruz1

Probably, good news coming for you in a few weeks..cant answer any more questions..but you should all be happy!

Jancruz1

I knew it :D !

Jan, when is that schedule due to go public?

Archived