Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×
Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susan2u

Legend Review (part 4)

Drinks pool side were quick (except one waiter who seemed to have problems, I kept telling my cousin he might be new). I never went hungry even being a picky eater although, I wouldn’t do late sitting again one because I am not into napping (as my cousin was) and I felt I didn’t do as much at night. Getting out of the dining room at 10:00 pm, going to a show from 10:30-11:30 and missing most nights of karaoke (not that I would have participated), and of course not being hungry for late night snacking. We usually eat dinner here from 5:00-6:00 pm. Carnival room service menu is also only cold items (with the exception of coffee and tea).

I have now been on two Carnival cruises and will be going on my third RCCL cruise in April. We will be booking another cruise for Feb. of 2006 but most likely this time not with Carnival (please don’t bash me). If you have any questions please ask and I will do the best I can at answering them.

We booked an 8A guarantee, was upgraded to 8G. Back bottom of sail and sign document didn’t match the room number we ended up with. We were glad because we would have been under the pool deck.

Thanks for the great review on the Legend. We will be on the Legend on 3/19/05 (only 44 more days :D ). I sure hope they have the lighting in the lounge fixed before we cruise.

I am curious as to why you think you won't book with Carnival for your next cruise. I ask because we are thinking of trying another cruise line. After 8 Carnival cruises, I think it is time to experience another line. What in your opinion would be the best reason to try RCI?

Hi,

I enjoyed the two cruises I took with Carnival and I basically cruised because of the pricing. We cruise RCCL with the kids because I feel it has more to offer teenagers (voyager class ships) school vacation week, plus honestly I like the food on Rccl better. The room service menu on Rccl offers hot items so you can sit on the balcony and actually have a hot breakfast vs cold cereal or danish. I enjoy the parades on the voyager class ships as well as strolling along the promenade shopping and stopping for snack and tea while people watching.

Susan2U: Thanks so much for the reviews. They have been very objective and seem to tell it like it was. This is a quality lacking in a lot of reviews I've seen. We are booked 3/11 on Legend, so hopefully all of the problems should be fixed by then. Again, Thanks so much.

BigDoug: Every cruise line tries to make your vacation the best it can be. The best thing to remember is not to compare the new line to the line(s) you have sailed on before. They all have their good points and their weak points. Some have great itineraries, others are run-of-the-mill. The same goes with the food. Exploit the stuff the line does well and you will always have a great time. Owning their stock also helps since you get a decent cabin credit out of it.