Fire on Majesty

Last night, while the Majesty was tied up here in KW, a fire in a store room was sparked by a faulty light fixture. The fire was somewhat large and destroyed the room's contents.

The Majesty is leaving the dock as I type this, so upcoming cruises should not be affected.

By the way, she was here on a rare over night stop.

Last night, while the Majesty was tied up here in KW, a fire in a store room was sparked by a faulty light fixture. The fire was somewhat large and destroyed the room's contents.

The Majesty is leaving the dock as I type this, so upcoming cruises should not be affected.

That was my first thought--what was she doing there overnight? That's weird.

Everyone ok on board? Thanks for the update, as usual.

Could the overnight stop be because of the fire? If it could have started to spread, the local fire department may have been alerted, and put on standby, just in case. Just a thought. Hopefully all is OK now.

Rick

It was actually a scheduled over night stop. I'm not sure what the circumstances are.....if it was a chartered cruise, or if there were issues with another port. There is no roll-call for this sailing.

It was actually a scheduled over night stop. I'm not sure what the circumstances are.....if it was a chartered cruise, or if there were issues with another port. There is no roll-call for this sailing.

Dumb question, but I didn't think ships were allowed to overnight in Key West?

Dumb question, but I didn't think ships were allowed to overnight in Key West?

The city of Key West allows a handful of overnighters annually. Last I heard, it was something like 6. The overnighters generally use Pier B (Westin Dock), which is not city owned.

This is a chartered Allstate Trip for distinguished performance award winners.

I'm sailing on Majesty on Monday. Hope my trip won't be effected!

It shouldn't be. It was contained to the one store room, and they got underway today on schedule.

This is a chartered Allstate Trip for distinguished performance award winners.

Thanks. I figured it was something like that. Last time Majesty spent the night, it was due to bad weather in the Bahamas and they had to skip Coco Cay. I knew that wasn't the case this week.

Please excuse me from being so forward, but what do you do in KW? Retired or Tourism buisness, Shop Owner......etc?? I love Key West !!!

Please excuse me from being so forward, but what do you do in KW? Retired or Tourism buisness, Shop Owner......etc?? I love Key West !!!

All of it....it feels like! ;) Actually no, I don't mind. It's been well publicized lately anyways. I work for the USCG.

Off topic aquahound but were you involved in any way of the rescue of the watercraft that was taking on water that Freedom responded to this past Saturday?

And a big THANK YOU!!! for both your USCG and CC service!

Tim

Please excuse me from being so forward, but what do you do in KW? I'm so glad someone asked as I didn't know either. I've followed a number of your wonderful threads ... everyone seemed to know you but me. Thanks for your service. For sure you should be the Godfather of the Allure! (My husband is a retired Naval Cdr.)

Off topic aquahound but were you involved in any way of the rescue of the watercraft that was taking on water that Freedom responded to this past Saturday?

And a big THANK YOU!!! for both your USCG and CC service!

Thank you, Tim. No, I was not involved. I have not worn a uniform in years. I'm a civilian employee now.

Archived