"LIVE" From Carnival Glory / June 14, 2010

Radio

We're going on our second cruise in Sept., Same one we went on last year. I can't wait. I've been looking at the Canandian cruises for a while now . I'll be reading your daily posts and any info will be greatly appreciated.

I already have my first question. We were thinking of going up the day before the cruise by train ( right now in Baltimore we drive 30 min.). Where should we stay the night before and do they have a shuttle to the port?

Hello everyone. . . I woke up early today (of course), because I wanted to see Glory pulling into port. I was able to get some web cam images from Wired New York that can be seen below.

The weather today is cloudy, and about 65F. The sun will be coming out later today, and we should have a sunny sail away by about 5PM (hopefully). The forecast for sail away is sunny and 78F.

We will be docked at Pier 90 this week, and I have heard that there have been several upgrades to the Pier. I have sailed from all 3, but Pier 88 has always been the best “Passenger Friendly” pier in Manhattan.

I can see the Newark International Airport from my hotel, so we wont have to far to drive to get to the Pier in Manhattan. My friend, Mr. Google tells me that it should take less than 30 min.

I will be posting again from on board Carnival Glory. . . Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

Carnival Glory heading north up the Hudson River

NY1.jpg

She is about ready to dock

NY2.jpg

Come on. . . Your almost there.

NY3.jpg

Carnival Glory docked alongside Pier 90.

NY4.jpg

Can't wait to read your "live report" Radio. We just got off of her on the 10th and had a great time!

While we had no fog on the trip, it was windy and a bit cold the entire time. The pools and slide were open, but not a lot of people using them.

Have a great time!

Dear Mr. Radio,

I have never followed any of your lives. This will be my first and by everything I have read here it will be a great live. Can't wait. Your NY pics are fantastic. I appreciate your doing the live and I can't wait to read on. Have a nice day....Joanne

Oh boy!

This should be good! We're on the July 12th voyage. [Doesn't seem like anyone else is! No Roll call or anything that I can find] School isn't out in NY for another week or so...I wonder how many kids will be on board your sailing compared to July 12th?

Will be interested to hear if there is any ballroom/big band dancing and how afternoon tea is. I wonder if the band on deck will know the song "red, red wine"? Hmmm....

HLR

There IS a roll call for our cruise on July 12th! It's a bit "sleepy" more than we're used to seeing....please go and comment and let's liven it up a little!

We're anxious and have cruise fever already! Less than 30 days now!!!!!

If we sign up for a wifi plan (it's like $24 for 60 mins) we will also provide some sort of a "live" report from the ship....can't wait!!!!!!!

I have read your live reports in the past and am looking forward to this one.

We are sailing in Sept and I am excited and anticipating a fun time as always with CCL.

Our roll call is not very active so I have been reading all the roll calls for the Glory Canada/New England sailings.:o This will be a great "fix" for me. Thanks:D

Radio - We will be on the 10/9 cruise and are staying at the Country Inns. Glad to hear it's a great place. How will you get to the port? We were going to go back to the airport to catch the Carnival transfers, but have been looking into a car service called Carmel Car Service. Are you familiar with them? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, we look forward to your reports too.

I wish CCl would have a 7 day cruise to New England, Canada:(

They do! and I'm on one October 9th! The Glory is doing 7-day NE/Canada beginning September 11th.

Radio...While you were on the webcam this morning watching her, I was seeing the Glory from the other side of the Hudson...as my bus went around the helix into the Lincoln tunnel. And tonight, going home, I'll see her pull out!

Always have loved your reviews & am anxious for your take on this ship.

HEY THERE!

I just got off the GLORY on the 6/6/10 cruise and just loved this ship. I loved the decor, layout and the crew. If you get a chance swing past the BURGUNDY BAR in the back of the ship by the piano bar and say HELLO to PERO the bartender from TOM, PETER, JIM and PATRICK!

He was awsome and definitely made our cruise a BLAST! :D

TOM

Hey Dad-Have a great trip! Your grandson would like a shirt that says something witty and canadian on it. ;-)

Wish I was on this cruise. One of my life goals is to get to Nova Scotia and see the northern lights, and of course, see those whales!!

Hello everyone. . . I made it on board. We left the hotel at about 11:15 AM, and turned on the traffic report. It seems that there has been a multi car collision near the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel inbound. Three lane were blocked, and traffic was at a stand still. Uh oh. . . . Should I take the George Washington Bridge on the North side?. . . . Maybe the Holland Tunnel on the South side? Of course I have never been either of those ways. . . Oh boy. . .Not today !

My brother convinced me to stay on our original plans, and that maybe they have already cleaned up the mess. . . He was right. There was no traffic. It was as if only cars that were going to the pier were allowed to drive. We zipped through the Lincoln Tunnel, and just after a few minutes through Manhattan, we were on 12Th Ave and could see the ship.

We parked and dropped off the luggage, walked down to the Deck 2 of the Passenger Terminal. There was a sea of passengers waiting to get through security, but a nice lady who was manning the line said we could walk right through to the head of the line. Wow ! the Platinum Process has already paid off !

After Security we walked into the very quiet VIP Check In, and we were the only ones there. I asked the Agent “Is this a light Cruise day?” Heck no . . She said as she pointed out to the main check in lines. (there were 100’s of passengers waiting)

We were checked in and guided to the gangway, and we were on the ship in no time.

I have a lot of the ship to see, and it may take me a few days to see it all. . . There will be lots of photos to take (and post on CC)

We have our Muster drill soon, and we are scheduled to leave at 5PM. I will post a few more pics after sail away.

Here are a few pics from our transit to the pier and boarding. . .More pics later. Thanks for all of the nice comments !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

It is a cloudy day (but warm) day in Manhattan

M1.JPG

Hey, there’s the Ship !

M2.JPG

We have to park our car, and then we will board.

M5.JPG

The VIP Lounge was very nice. . .

M9.JPG

We board Carnival Glory !

M10.JPG

We made it ! This should be a fun cruise. . .

M18.JPG

Archived