Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Mach*

Carnival Magic!!! Cheers and tears....

Galveston has the Carnival Magic!!! and the Carnival Triumph.

Very sadly, we lose the Conquest and the Ecstasy to NOLA.

I'm thrilled that Galveston has been blessed with such an important new vessel but VERY sad that we're losing our favorite ships...

Will it visit NYC before it home ports in Texas?I'm hoping it does like the Dream did.

Laura

Will it visit NYC before it home ports in Texas?I'm hoping it does like the Dream did.

Laura

No.

The Dream's visit to New York was a disaster.

If Conquest and Ecstacy have to go anywhere, at least it is just down the road in NOLA!

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

I hope we get some new iteneraries too!! :D

What happened when the Dream went to New York that made it a disaster?

Hot diggity!

I'll be on the Conquest before she goes to NOLA and look forward to sailing on the Magic in the future

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

I hope we get some new iteneraries too!! :D

What happened when the Dream went to New York that made it a disaster?

The ship didn't fit at the 88th Street Pier.

Dream409.jpg

Embark... debark was HORRIBLE and fingers were pointed in both directions.

We didn't sail 'til about 6:30 and folks had barely just gotten on board. Not a great experience...

Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!! Can you hear me, Carnival? Awesome news. I can't wait to tell all of my friends and family!! Go, Carnival, and Go Galveston!!

Hot diggity!

I'll be on the Conquest before she goes to NOLA and look forward to sailing on the Magic in the future

Me too. Earlier this week, booked the Conquest for Mar 11 to be sure I get one last trip before she moves. And probably going on Randy's Team Magic group if I can swing it.

No.

The Dream's visit to New York was a disaster.

I was on one of the cruises from NY and I loved it,no matter what happened.I didn't consider it a disaster and was hoping for the Magic.Oh well.no magic in my future!

I was on one of the cruises from NY and I loved it,no matter what happened.I didn't consider it a disaster and was hoping for the Magic.Oh well.no magic in my future!

We loved the voyage as well despite the 30 foot seas and 96 knot winds.

Embark and debark sucked...

Me too. Earlier this week, booked the Conquest for Mar 11 to be sure I get one last trip before she moves. And probably going on Randy's Team Magic group if I can swing it.

I'll be getting off as you're getting on. I'll be the one kicking and screaming, begging to stay.

I wonder if I can talk my husband into a cruise on Ecstacy before she leaves? I'd love to sail on all of them if possible.

Mach, this is bittersweet. :(:)

The Conquest is such a huge part of all of us.....you will appreciate and smile at this......Tara saw John's video with me and she said "Momma, that is so sad, the Conquest was such a big part of my childhood" :D:D To those of you who don't know me or my daughter, she will be 9 in a couple of weeks and we are sailing on the Conquest on Sunday, will be Tara's 3rd time on her.

I told her that we will make new memories on the Magic and the Triumph.:)

How exciting! THANKS CARNIVAL!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy GALVESTON. I am SO ready for the Magic.

Great news for us Texans. It will be very hard to say goodbye to Conquest and ecstasy. They are both great ships. I will have to sail on the both before they leave. :)

I'm excited to hear that a new ship is coming to a Gulf Coast state. (And, yes, I know that Florida is also on the Gulf, so don't get all cute about that and tell me that they get new ships all of the time.) But what ports will the Magic visit?

Do you think (know) that they will do both ships year round out of Galveston like the current arrangement or move the Magic to Europe in the Summer and leave just the Triumph? It will be interesting to see the itineraries when they come out.

We've done the Conquest twice and look forward to the change....

Do you think (know) that they will do both ships year round out of Galveston like the current arrangement or move the Magic to Europe in the Summer and leave just the Triumph? It will be interesting to see the itineraries when they come out.

i sincerely doubt that they would move magic to europe for the summers... i can't imagine both ships not being year round in what is clearly, per the selection of galveston as hope port, an important port for carnival.

if they chose to do cruise europe (which hasn't been announced or even hinted at this point), i bet they'd send one of the conquest class out of miami (liberty, valor, glory (part time)) since they've got so much overlap (and low prices, vs. other ports, and certainly vs. galveston) anyhow...

We loved the voyage as well despite the 30 foot seas and 96 knot winds.

Embark and debark sucked...

Hi Mach

Do u think Magic will do a B2B somewhere first? I truly hope so.

Cheers

Geri