A Little info about Malaga

Hi everyone. We are getting close to our trip on the Grand July10th. We booked mostly Princess tours with the exception of Romeinlimo to see the Vatican and we decided to do jus the Hop-on, Hop off bus in Malaga. My question is how far from where the Grand docks in the bus station so to speak?

By the way, my wife keeps correcting me on how to say Malaga. I keep saying it the way my fellow Americans would pronounce it but I guess that is wrong.

Thanks to all.

Bob

By the way, my wife keeps correcting me on how to say Malaga. I keep saying it the way my fellow Americans would pronounce it but I guess that is wrong.

Is your wife Spanish? If there is an American pronunciation that is perfectly acceptable, don't worry about it until you get there. When you arrive, you will know for sure how the city's name is pronounced. I always assumed it is muh-LAW-guh. Is that right or wrong according to your wife?

Is your wife Spanish? If there is an American pronunciation that is perfectly acceptable, don't worry about it until you get there. When you arrive, you will know for sure how the city's name is pronounced. I always assumed it is muh-LAW-guh. Is that right or wrong according to your wife?

There is an accent over the first syllable in Málaga, and I believe that's the one to be stressed... and when I was in the area, I remember hearing that way, as: MAH-luh-guh.

But you're right, if you say it the other way, I'm sure most would know what you meant... though they may resent it, in the same way that those of us from Oregon (correctly pronounced: ORE-ee-gun) resent people who prounounce our state name wrong (wildly incorrect: or-uh-GONE). :D

Hope that helps!

We found the Ho Ho easily off our ship just as others have described.

We enjoyed it and stayed on for one full loop to listen to full commentary and then on the 2nd loop got off at Castillo de Gibralfaro (the highest point) and used a wide, landscaped public walking path that went back down to La Alcazaba and on into town where we stopped at a cafe, went to the Cathedral and wandered back to the port. The walk down was steep and the views of the water & bull ring & town were beautiful. The the folks walking up( and there were many more of those) looked pretty tired.

Martha

Hi everyone. We are getting close to our trip on the Grand July10th. We booked mostly Princess tours with the exception of Romeinlimo to see the Vatican and we decided to do jus the Hop-on, Hop off bus in Malaga. My question is how far from where the Grand docks in the bus station so to speak?

Thanks to all.

Bob

Hi Bob.

I am sure you will enjoy Malaga we live about 15miles from there. It pronounced as its looks MAL A GA. It a lovely city and the tourist bus is good, buy 1 ticket for all day getting on and off as you wish. If you are only there one day and plan to go further afield book a trip there are some beautiful places in the surrounding area. Many tourist visit Mijas there are fabulous views from there along the Coast. We are departing from Malaga tomorrow on Adventure of the Seas on a 1 week cruise around the Med.

Enjoy

Glyn

Mijas Costa

Malaga

Hi Bob.

I am sure you will enjoy Malaga we live about 15miles from there. It pronounced as its looks MAL A GA. It a lovely city and the tourist bus is good, buy 1 ticket for all day getting on and off as you wish. If you are only there one day and plan to go further afield book a trip there are some beautiful places in the surrounding area. Many tourist visit Mijas there are fabulous views from there along the Coast. We are departing from Malaga tomorrow on Adventure of the Seas on a 1 week cruise around the Med.

Enjoy

Glyn

Mijas Costa

Malaga

Can you recommend any private tour company? Are there taxis at the port that will take us on tour to Mijas? Wht would a taxi charge for a tour to Mijas and back to the port? hope you had a good time on your cruise.

Regards,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

:)Two ladies arrive Malaga on AOS on 18th September. Dont have to be at Malaga airport until about 6pm. Can anyone recommend a "taxi" company that would offer a day trip to for example Ronda, wait for us, and then take us back to Malaga Airport. Suggestions appreciated especially from local Spaniards. Bear in mind that we are likely to have alot of luggage. By the way congratulations to Rafa Nadal, Spanish Footie Team and you never know may get a Spanish winner of the Open Golf?

Archived