I got out and used my camera today...

Constantly - 80% of the time (12mm) - for ruins, relics, and tours - couldn't be beat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We just got done with a Southern Caribbean trip and the 18-105 never left the A6300 and the Rokinon 12mm was on the A6000 95% of the time. Awesome lens!

BTW, nice shots so far!

Dave

We just got done with a Southern Caribbean trip and the 18-105 never left the A6300 and the Rokinon 12mm was on the A6000 95% of the time. Awesome lens!

BTW, nice shots so far!

Dave

All cellphone pics so far, I don't travel with a laptop - going to take a while to cull through them next week or two.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Scooting across the floor and pausing in front of the back door long enough for me to turn on the camera and snap a couple of quick shots.

1/250 - f/4 - ISO3200 - 18-105 f/4 G - A6300

p2349685186-5.jpg

Dave

While shooting the bees buzzing around the blooming cactus in the backyard, I saw this little green beast climbing around on the Sago palm flower. I had the 100mm macro mounted and closed in for a tight shot. It reminded me why they feature so many giant bugs in horror movies.

p2395019389-5.jpg

Dave

Despite weighing an ounce or two, this little beast was ready to kick my butt if I came any closer to those well-camouflaged eggs.

p2380430648-5.jpg

Dave

Killdeer are amazing birds. Aside from facing off with a human without fear, they'll also fake a wing injury. They'll extend one wing out dragging it along the ground and walk away from their nest. It's meant to draw the predator away to a safe distance. Once they think it's safe, they'll fly off. My dad has one that builds a nest in the rock driveway leading to his barn every year. Sometimes right out there in the driving path. He usually has to mark it with something to know where it is to drive around it. She'll stand her ground even when a vehicle goes by.
While shooting the bees buzzing around the blooming cactus in the backyard, I saw this little green beast climbing around on the Sago palm flower. I had the 100mm macro mounted and closed in for a tight shot. It reminded me why they feature so many giant bugs in horror movies.

p2395019389-5.jpg

Dave

[emoji50] WOW!