drury inn New Orleans

cruisebarbie

I emailed the Drury today to check on the park and cruise option that we used last January and, sadly, they are not offering that right now. Apparently they are building a new garage and some rooms so there is no parking there.

Hi Momof5, Is there no parking, as in during your stay or just no parking while you cruise. We are there pre cruise in April, plan on parking at cruise terminal while on cruise. Do I need to arrange parking for our one night stay?

I couldn't believe it when yesterday I started calling NO hotels for rates. Several of the hotels were already booked, and the ones that weren't were very high with parking higher than the garage at the port.

I booked the Hampton Inn Garden District for 4 nights, starting Jan. 8. The AAA/AARP rate was $143, including

breakfast, and parking while we stay pre-cruise, AND

for the 3 weeks we're sailing. Of course the hotel tax in NO adds 13% and $1 per day to the rate. The hotel is right on the St. Charles street car stop. We didn't want to be in the French Quarter; we wanted something where it would be calmer. The only thing not included that we will need is transportation to the port and back to the hotel.

Hopes this helps someone. :)

Cruzin Lady

• 1 month later...
Hi Momof5, Is there no parking, as in during your stay or just no parking while you cruise. We are there pre cruise in April, plan on parking at cruise terminal while on cruise. Do I need to arrange parking for our one night stay?

Sorry, I just saw this now. Apparently, until their renos are done, they have only off-site valet parking for $26 a night while staying there and no cruise parking :(

What was the rate to stay there?

Rates go up and down drastically at all the locations in New Orleans. My recommendation is to book as soon as you can and keep watching rates to see if something better comes along before your cruise date.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived