If you had to (or got to!) work on a cruise ship.......

STEVE-O

Which job would you want and why????

For me...I'd like to be the piano player in the band....I have -0- talent so this "dream" will have to fade.

How 'bout you?? Ever think about this??

I bartended for years and really really enjoyed it. Sadly I eventually grew up had kids and had to get a grown up job to pay the bills.

I think I would love doing it again after I retire in a few years and what better place than on a cruise ship

HA! DH and I talk about this semi frequently actually.

DH - He's IT already so he'd want to work with the computer systems (network) on board.

Myself - I'm a musician/vocalist so I'd love to play the clubs or bring my dad, bro and sis-in-law (also musicians) and do the deck parties. Totally awesome!

~Lisa :p

For me...I'd like to be the piano player in the band....I have -0- talent so this "dream" will have to fade.
Steve-O, Don't be so sure about that -- have you HEARD some of the piano players on RC ships? ;)

But seriously, this is a great thread! I think I'd like to be a Loyalty Ambassador or Concierge. Although, I understand that the folks in both of those positions often start out working at the Guest Relations desk. :eek:

HA! DH and I talk about this semi frequently actually.

DH - He's IT already so he'd want to work with the computer systems (network) on board.

Myself - I'm a musician/vocalist so I'd love to play the clubs or bring my dad, bro and sis-in-law (also musicians) and do the deck parties. Totally awesome!

~Lisa :p

How weird! (or maybe not so unusual) but DW and I are in the exact same positions as y'all

Me: IT / Her: vocalist (opera / classically trained).

I guess the difference would be, she actually worked on a cruiseship for several years doing what she loved!

Pro: free cruises for me (pack a bag and go whenever i had vacation time)

Con: the separation anxiety! :D

Just the other day we discussed her going back to work on a ship. I'm all for it!

I know it sounds nuts but I'd love to work at Customer Relations. When I go to the desk with a problem and one of them are happy and smiley, it really makes my day. I would want to make people happy!

Professional schmoozer.

I would love to walk around the ship, sit at empty seats at dining rooms tables, sit in loungers on deck, and just make small talk. I would report people's opinions to the powers-that-be. And my compensation for my services would be the best balcony stateroom on the ship. ;)

I would work in Adventure Ocean. To the person who says that cruiselines allow teachers to work for them in their time off.... Which one are you referring to? I attempted that back a few years ago and they told me they do not do contracts that short.

Perhaps it works like customer service, if I called again I would get someone who would tell me the complete opposite!

Archived