sunscreen

ldw81

I like the Bullfrog sunscreens, both the pump-spritz version and the actual clear gel, for when I'm going swimming or laying out in the sun.

The Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Liquid Sunblock is very good, too, and dries to a powder-like feel (only available in SPF 55 and 70, though). That's the one I use for work, since I have to be out in very strong sun for long periods, and I don't want to look like an oil slick or smell strongly of sunscreen.

I strongly recommend gel sunscreens if you are looking for ones that aren't oily. They tend to have less of a "sunscreen" smell, too.

I like the Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer too. Even the walgreens imitation of it works well. No greasy feeling at all.

I've used Coppertone Sport in the blue bottle and it worked fine when it was under SPF 50. But I bought a SPF 90 two months ago and it was a disgusting mess. It wasn't even greasy, it left this disgusting sticky mess all over my kids that every piece of dirt stuck to.:mad:

Well, I can't add any suggestions on what to buy, but I can tell you one to not buy! I recently purchased Hawaiian Tropic Sheer touch Creme Lotion (SPF 50). It smells absolutely amazing, and is very waterproof. However, your skin better be bone dry when applying it, otherwise it will NEVER absorb fully.. I tried reapplying it on my daughter after being in the water, and she looked like she either got into a fight with a can of white paint (and lost miserably), or was the victim of a fly-by attack from a flock of birds :(. The lotion is very thick, and "goopy". Even on dry skin, it is a pain to use. Normally, I like to use the spray lotions. I do agree with the previous posters about being courteous to those around you when you spray it though. If it's very crowded, and there is no place to step aside to spray it, I just cup my hand around the top and spray into it, and apply it by hand.

Archived