live, Radiance, 2/6/05

cmoq

Sorry to hear about the mechanical failure but you'll probably make up for time overnight.

So, is she every bit as beautiful as people have said? We're having a tough time deciding on which ship to cruise on next. We're very tempted to book the Radiance class.

Have a great cruise.

-- R&K

Hi,

Hope you enjoy the Radiance as much as we did on our BTB in January. If you get a chance I would be really grateful if you can say hi to Fredi the bartender in the Champagne Bar on deck 7. He is such a lovely guy. Say hi from Mr Mark and Bev from the UK who were on a BTB Jan 9th - Jan 23rd. We would often have a glass of Veuve Cliquot either before dinner or later on in the evening.

Thanks,

Bev

We just got off radiance this morning. We had come back in at full speed at 2:00AM and they had some underwater repair crews waiting to work on it. Don't know what the problem was but we saw parts being pulled up from underwater.

Sorry to hear about the mechanical failure but you'll probably make up for time overnight.

So, is she every bit as beautiful as people have said? We're having a tough time deciding on which ship to cruise on next. We're very tempted to book the Radiance class.

Have a great cruise.

-- R&K

Richkat...we are booked on a Radiance in Nov. and can't wait. I don't think I have heard anyone say anything bad about her. If you should happen to book on the 11-6 cruise, we have started a thread already and look forward to others joining us.

We're very excited just thinking about you touring the ship. That's one of our favorite parts about cruising. So, it'll probably be between the new "jewel of the seas" or the "norwegian jewel."

-- R&K

We will be sailing Radiance in three weeks. It will be great to actually hear what's happening on board while you're on this week.

Is this the western or eastern? Let us know who the entertainers are. Also, what was the mechanical problem, did they say? Is all well now? Certainly hope so as we can't wait to board.

Enjoy your cruise and please keep posting.

Is a propeller problem something the underwater divers can repair? Hopefully Catherine (cmoq) will be able to keep us posted this week as to what's happening.

Catherine,

How was your first dinner aboard Radiance?

jrm9999,

What was the entertainment like? Did you enjoy your cruise?

We will be sailing Radiance in three weeks. It will be great to actually hear what's happening on board while you're on this week.

Is this the western or eastern? Let us know who the entertainers are. Also, what was the mechanical problem, did they say? Is all well now? Certainly hope so as we can't wait to board.

Enjoy your cruise and please keep posting.

SF Looks like we are on the same ship deck 10 here. Counting down the days.

gfleischha:

Hi, fellow cruiser. Are you travelling with family? Any teens? We were on Jewel this past New Year's and Brilliance the year prior so we can't wait to return to a sister ship. We love the layout of this class ship. Imagine, three weeks from tonight....can't wait!!! :)

jrm9999,

What was the entertainment like? Did you enjoy your cruise?

Entertainment was good overall. There were a few I did not care for but others did. The singers and dancers did 2 shows. I liked the first but did not like the second. They performed great, I just did not like the content of the second show as much. The cast themselves were very good and talented, but they only have 2 weeks left until a new group gets on. The shows are not supposed to change though.

As for guest entertainers, all were some type of comedy. All were funny, some more than others.

Around the ship there was a trio that played in the centrum that was very good. There is a piano player in the schooner bar that drew quite a crowd. He would mock up some of the songs with funny lyrics that a lot of people liked. In the Colony Club, most nights had a band playing that was good as well. Most of what they played was 70's and 80's music from what I heard, but I did not see them every night.

I was hoping someone on the Radiance yesterday would post here. I was on the Miami webcam. I didn't know why the Radiance hadn't left so I gave up after 1 1/2 hours. Now I know why. Our daughter & her boyfriend left from Miami on Carnival Valor yesterday so I was following them.

We are on the Radiance March 20, 2005. I assume they were able to fix the problem, & you are on your way. We love the Radiance class & the Voyager class ships.

Hope you will be posting all week. Have a great time!

Gail

gfleischha:

Hi, fellow cruiser. Are you travelling with family? Any teens? We were on Jewel this past New Year's and Brilliance the year prior so we can't wait to return to a sister ship. We love the layout of this class ship. Imagine, three weeks from tonight....can't wait!!! :)

Traveling with my wife daughter and boyfriend( he is proposing to her on the ship). We have been on the radiance before on our trip to Alaska. Will be like being on the ship for the first time since a huge difference in the weather. It is a great ship

We fly friday morning, and spend 2 days in South Beach.

Archived