Beach days - info please

muddyw

I've just completed and enjoyed my first voyage with Star Clippers, in the Med, and am now considering the Caribbean. A little wary, however, about itineries in which some days are spent on beaches rather than in ports.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a visit to the beach as much as the next man. I have, however, a fair skin and do not sunbathe - I do not do brown, only red and freckles! So when not engaged in beach activities such as swimming, I prefer to sit in the shade with a book or a beer. So my question is, is there shade - either natural or artificial - on the beaches visited? If not, can you remain on the ship or return there after a short period - are normal catering and bar facilities available onboard, or are these transfered to the beach for the duration of the visit?

Yes, there is beach shade and also constant ferry back to the clipper. No problem doing what you want.

how about a report on your med. clipper cruise. We are on the Clipper in Sept. and any info would be helpful.

I've just completed and enjoyed my first voyage with Star Clippers, in the Med, and am now considering the Caribbean. A little wary, however, about itineries in which some days are spent on beaches rather than in ports.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a visit to the beach as much as the next man. I have, however, a fair skin and do not sunbathe - I do not do brown, only red and freckles! So when not engaged in beach activities such as swimming, I prefer to sit in the shade with a book or a beer. So my question is, is there shade - either natural or artificial - on the beaches visited? If not, can you remain on the ship or return there after a short period - are normal catering and bar facilities available onboard, or are these transfered to the beach for the duration of the visit?

Virtually every port will have tender shuttle service to both the beach and the local "port" where the ship anchors.

Unlike the larger cruise ships, Star Clipper ships anchor at locations well away from the normal cruise ship port. It is helpful if you do some research and have some idea about what will be available to you where the ship anchors. Please note that the Caribbean Islands observe Sunday as a day of rest and you will find that there are limited options available in whatever port you stop at on that day. Research, research, research!

Enjoy!

Archived