Huatulco any ideas or recommendations?

suzsummit

It is a very neat port. Very humid. Not much is written about it because it is a new port. I believe the pier is less than two years old and I think ships basically only stop there on Panama Canal crossings. (There may be others but not that I have heard of.) You will want to be out watching the ship come in to port as it is a very tight port for them to get into. The shops right at the pier are kind of pricey but I understand the "market" has some nice things and I think it is only a 5 minute walk. We did not have time to go over there after our excursion.

Just returned feb23. This is a pretty little port, we just walked to the little crafts market, got a $1 beer and then hung out at the beach. I suspect that the prices for shopping are better if you take a taxi into town, even though we didn't do that the prices on crafts here were much better than the ports as you head north. Friends did the Catamaran tour, but said that on this day it was windy and rocky. IMO this is a great get off the boat and hang out port, but our other stops--Puntarenas, Acapulco and Cabo were really intensive, so we liked the break.

In Dec we went to Huatulco and did the Bird watching and Eco tour. It was alright, but I wish we had something more fun to do. I did like seeing all the wildlife in their natural habitat, lizards, butterlfies. But I think they need to improve the tour a bit. I could have done a better job being the guide I think.

Plus you walk all the way to the end of the paths, whicdh was a long way and have to trek back on the same route. KInd of a waste of time to me.

If I could do it again I would choose sitting on the beach they have there and sipping a few margaritas....:cool:

Mountainmare,

Can you tell me what you did in Puntaranas, Acapulco and Cabo. We are sailing March 13 on the Infinity and are still trying to decide what to do in these ports. Any suggestions you can offer will be greatly appreciated?

Archived