Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

Mine says "Hotel reservation summary" with my info, the IC is listed with their info and a reservation #. Looks like a reservation.

The very first line under where it says Hotel Reservation Summary it should say Reservation Status:*****. That's what tells you if you have the hotel or not. If it says Request...they haven't confirmed with the hotel yet. Even if it's just in request status it still shows the hotel name, address, etc.

I hope you got it...it looks like a great place to say!

Thank you for submitting your hotel reservation request with LastMinuteTravel !

You have chosen a hotel that is not currently guaranteed available in our system and we are currently working to confirm your request reservation. If your check in is in the next 24 hours, please make sure to receive a written confirmation from us prior to check in. We will notify you as soon as possible with the updated status of your booking.

We are going to Miami on Nov. 11 and staying a couple of nights before the cruise - got wonderful advise about this site and hotel. However - I got this message. Anyone else have this and was OK or should I keep looking.

I just booked for 2 nights 11 & 12th - hopefully we got it. Does anyone know if you can walk to the pier from this hotel? Or do they have a shuttle.

I hope you are talking about the IC. If yes then, No you can not walk to the pier from the hotel. And even if you could it would be way to far to walk. IC does not have a shuttle but all you need to do is ask the Bell man for a taxi to take you there. I believe the last time it was around 10 dollars to get to the port.

Laura

Some info for anyone booking the IC through farebuzz. I booked this the other day and by the next day my status went from pending to confirmed.

I received the confirmed email from Farebuzz but nothing from the IC, after 2 days I contacted fb and was told that I just needed to print out their confo and bring it to the hotel.

With such a great price I didn't want to take any chances on not knowing for sure and I really was wanting a confo from the hotel itself. Happy to report that I called the IC today and they confirmed I was indeed bookd for Nov 5th. :)

Some info for anyone booking the IC through farebuzz. I booked this the other day and by the next day my status went from pending to confirmed.

I received the confirmed email from Farebuzz but nothing from the IC, after 2 days I contacted fb and was told that I just needed to print out their confo and bring it to the hotel.

With such a great price I didn't want to take any chances on not knowing for sure and I really was wanting a confo from the hotel itself. Happy to report that I called the IC today and they confirmed I was indeed booked for Nov 5th. :)

That is always a very good idea. No matter who I use to book thru, I will call the hotel to confirm my reservation. Don't like any surprise while on vacation, well at least not that type of surprise.:rolleyes:

Laura

so I think I've read every single page of this thread and I haven't found any info other than LMT and the IC hotel!

for our dates, the prices are in the $350 range which is way out of reality for us!

Wondering, we can book the following with points...anyone have any opinions of any of these hotels???

Hyatt Regency

Double Tree Grand

Marriott Biscayne Bay

Hilton

Thanks so much!;)

so I think I've read every single page of this thread and I haven't found any info other than LMT and the IC hotel!

for our dates, the prices are in the $350 range which is way out of reality for us!

Wondering, we can book the following with points...anyone have any opinions of any of these hotels???

Hyatt Regency

Double Tree Grand

Marriott Biscayne Bay

Hilton

Thanks so much!;)

What are your dates?

The very first line under where it says Hotel Reservation Summary it should say Reservation Status:*****. That's what tells you if you have the hotel or not. If it says Request...they haven't confirmed with the hotel yet. Even if it's just in request status it still shows the hotel name, address, etc.

I hope you got it...it looks like a great place to say!

Still waiting to see - I will wait for a couple of more days then I'll call I don't want to book another hotel, just in case we actually get this one.

Hyatt Regency

Double Tree Grand

Marriott Biscayne Bay

Hilton

Thanks so much!;)

Well, I do have some information regarding the Hilton....but it is some time back...it was the same price as the IC for the Hilton Airport at MIA INT.

Might have changed. Though this is for Miami Hotel Recommendations, it did kind of take on an IC flavor of its own...mostly for the price.

IF, I were you, AND I have been many times, I keep looking at what I want....;)

I have gotten the Fontainbleau for $125 per night with ocean view

Just have to keep looking if downtown is not your flavor. OR maybe you could help out this thread by sharing what you have found as I know others who are also looking for hotels at an very nice rate that are not what we would call in the midwest......for lack of a nicer term....."rat"holes.:D

I sure don't know how you are all getting those great rates!

I keep getting the price of $350+ for the same Hotel.

Perhaps I'm looking TOO far in advance?!?!

February 25, 2011

I think it is too far in advance for last minute travel. But if I was you (JMRO):rolleyes: I would book a cancelable(?) reservation now and keep looking and trying. Never now what will pop up the closer you get to your date.

Laura

I'm wondering if it's because it's in January?

Just looked on Priceline for my SIL for early Nov and the prices are 1/3 what I'm seeing in January...could be a higher season???:rolleyes:

January is prime season so I would think the prices would be higher.:rolleyes:

Laura

January is prime season so I would think the prices would be higher.:rolleyes:

Laura

This past January I got the downtown Hyatt for $89 on lastminutetravel. I booked it in December. It may be too early right now to find bargains.

I am looking for a hotel where we can leave our car parked there for the time we are on cruise ship as we are driving down from Virginia, By booking thru lastminutetravel.com how can i know if the hotel allows that? Any suggestions are greatly apprecaited!!

I am looking for a hotel where we can leave our car parked there for the time we are on cruise ship as we are driving down from Virginia, By booking thru lastminutetravel.com how can i know if the hotel allows that? Any suggestions are greatly apprecaited!!

I'd recommend the Embassy Suites Miami Airport. They have a cruise deal, where they provide a shuttle to Port of Miami. There is also breakfast and a manager's reception included in the cost. I like Embassy Suites. I like having two rooms and a coffee maker in the room.

Admittedly the area around the airport is not all that interesting, but there are a couple of good restaurants in the area.

Archived