Miami Hotel Recommendation??

Dpeeps

IC JUST came up as an option on LMT for my Feb cruise for the first time! It is listed as 167.00...do you think that is the best it will get, since Feb is peak season, or should I wait another month or so?

And if I book at 167.00 and it goes down, will they honor the price drop?

Thoughts?

I have also been waiting for the IC to open up on LMT for February. I know that is a busy time...but I was hoping it would be less than $167. I think I am going to wait and keep watching it. If your heart is set on staying there though I'm not sure it will drop. If you book it now and it does drop you are not going to get any price drops. Maybe someone else will chime in and let us know if they see LMT prices drop very often.

IC JUST came up as an option on LMT for my Feb cruise for the first time! It is listed as 167.00...do you think that is the best it will get, since Feb is peak season, or should I wait another month or so?

And if I book at 167.00 and it goes down, will they honor the price drop?

Thoughts?

My guess would be that LMT would not drop the price. You could cancel and rebook but they charge a $25 fee for cancel/changes.

I would just wait until December or January. To early to

book. Odds are pretty good price will drop. Still almost

four months till February.

Just looked yesterday on LMT for 12/11/10, thinking

of going on the Dawn, 12/12/10.

Prices at the IC for 12/11/10, is $94 + taxes as of yesterday..

Four months is not considered last minute travel..

WAIT!! WAIT!! WAIT!!

I would just wait until December or January. To early to

book. Odds are pretty good price will drop. Still almost

four months till February.

Just looked yesterday on LMT for 12/11/10, thinking

of going on the Dawn, 12/12/10.

Prices at the IC for 12/11/10, is $94 + taxes as of yesterday..

Four months is not considered last minute travel..

WAIT!! WAIT!! WAIT!!

Thanks Bobmal99! I will be patient!

I just booked the IC yesterday on LMT for $110 and we don't cruise until April. I began checking LMT regularly starting a few weeks ago and it came down from $219. I guess it's a little bit like airfare...you just never know. :)

Very true! Very strange though...I have been checking since this Summer for my cruise dates and the IC hadn't even appeared as an option till just the other day, but yours is a better rate already for a cruise 2 months after mine?! Must have something to do with Feb being a peak month. I'm gonna keep my eye on it. If I can get it for 110, I will grab it! LOL

How did you get the harbor view rooms? We asked and they give it to us. I think it was like 20.00 more...so worth it.

We have stayed at the HIPOM before. Bayside Marketplace is literally across the street. How much further is IC? Is right there also just on the water edge to the right as you are looking at Bayside from the HIPOM. There is NO comparison from the IC and HIPOM. IC wins hand down. That is like comparing Hotel 8 to the Ritz.

Thanks again.

IC is a great hotel and with this wonderful price its a steal. I have stayed here happily paying over 300.00 a night. So worth it.

How did you get the harbor view rooms? We asked and they give it to us. I think it was like 20.00 more...so worth it. Who did you ask? IC or LMT? When did you ask? How did you ask?

We have stayed at the HIPOM before. Bayside Marketplace is literally across the street. How much further is IC? Is right there also just on the water edge to the right as you are looking at Bayside from the HIPOM. There is NO comparison from the IC and HIPOM. IC wins hand down. That is like comparing Hotel 8 to the Ritz.

Thanks again.

IC is a great hotel and with this wonderful price its a steal. I have stayed here happily paying over 300.00 a night. So worth it.

How was your view of the port? One of my favorite parts of cruising is watching the ships come in way too early in the morning.

I appreciate your patience with all my questions.

How was your view of the port? One of my favorite parts of cruising is watching the ships come in way too early in the morning. It was spectacular!!! We watched 3 ships come in when we were there.

I appreciate your patience with all my questions.

No problem...just ask away.

Laura

• 5 weeks later...
Know that the Conrad is not close to the Bayside Marketplace, so you'll need to pay for transportation.

As I posted above, we had a great stay at the HIPOM. In fact, we are staying there again, pre cruise, next month. We requested a room overlooking the port, which also overlooks the Marketplace. It's so much fun watching the hustle and bustle. There is a traffic light so it is very safe to walk right across the street to all the shops and restaurants. And watching the ships come into port at 5:00 A.M. is quite exciting in itself.

Okay, I have done my homework and I am going to make a decision today:D

I have added another hotel to my list.

HIPOM (I have booked) $159.00

IC (on LMT I can get for $167.00)

Conrad (on LMT I can get for $ 95.00)

We plan on going to Bayside. Maybe walk there in the afternoon and cab back to Conrad after dinner.

I know we can walk to and from HIPOM and IC.

Please help me decide:confused:

Is IC worth the extra $$$?

Is the convience of HIPOM near Bayside worth the extra $$ over Conrad.

What I have read here the Conrad sounds good (not much in reviews).

Trip Advisor has reviews from 2006:cool: nothing recent.

Is there a place to buy soda, wine, water near Conrad? I know CVS is near HI, is this in the direction of the Conrad.

Myself, DH and DS (age 16)

I appreciate any and all of help:)

I know you've probably made your arrangements, but for anyone else that comes across this thread this info will likely be helpful. I stayed at the Conrad 2 days before our cruise at the end of October (the IC wasn't available on LMT those days as apparently they had a special function that took a lot of rooms). If you can't get the IC and want to visit Bayside Marketplace, take the Metromover - it is FREE in Miami and goes through quite a few places in the downtown area. There is a stop near the Conrad and another near Bayside Marketplace. You can find more info about the Metromover here:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/mover.asp

My review of the Conrad is in post #28 of this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1291245&page=2

• 1 month later...
If I remember right there is a $25.00 cancellation fee. Ok just check my reservation and here is the quote..

Cancellation Policy

Please note you are within cancellation penalty of 25 USD fee.

Hotel cancellations or changes made 7 days prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time). will be subject to 1 nights/s fee.

Hotel cancellations or changes made 1 day/s prior to check in time (Noon local hotel time) will be subject to a full fare fee

Laura

No-show is subjected to a full fare fee

I would like to thank everyone for the information on this thread. I just read it all and it was very helpful.

It would be appreciated if one of you LMT experts could help me understand the above stated cancellation policy.

I believe I now understand if you make a reservation and cancel for any reason, you are subject to a $25 fee. Seems very reasonable to me.

I am having trouble fully understanding the second statement in the policy. Does it mean that if you cancel or change between 7 days before and I day before, you are subject to one night penalty?

Thank you.

I really want to stay at the IC and I just might pay the $167 plus tax cost for my 2/4 stay.

I am waiting one more week to book

the IC for 2/4, 2/5, hoping the price

will come down a bit more..

Stayed there two weeks ago.

Great location, beautiful hotel,

really nice pool..

I would like to thank everyone for the information on this thread. I just read it all and it was very helpful.

It would be appreciated if one of you LMT experts could help me understand the above stated cancellation policy.

I believe I now understand if you make a reservation and cancel for any reason, you are subject to a $25 fee. Seems very reasonable to me.

I am having trouble fully understanding the second statement in the policy. Does it mean that if you cancel or change between 7 days before and I day before, you are subject to one night penalty?

Thank you.

I really want to stay at the IC and I just might pay the $167 plus tax cost for my 2/4 stay.

Archived