??? Any questions....just back from AOS

lmmn

We leave this Sunday 2/13!!! In Aruba, we are renting a jeep, in Curacao, hanging out, St. Maarten we are doing the America's Cup race, and in St. Thomas going to St. John for some hiking and beaching it. Anything that you did that we shouldn't miss?

Thanks in advance!

heidi

We leave this Sunday 2/13!!! In Aruba, we are renting a jeep, in Curacao, hanging out, St. Maarten we are doing the America's Cup race, and in St. Thomas going to St. John for some hiking and beaching it. Anything that you did that we shouldn't miss?

Thanks in advance!

heidi

Aruba - We went on a jeep tour with ABC tour. It was really fun!!! If you are planning to go to the natural pool...think of the worst terrain you can think of and times it by 10. We would have NEVER attempted this on our own. It was rainy and windy the day we were there. We were not able to swim in the pool. Between the four jeeps we got two flat tires. We loved the tour and Claudio, and even though the weather was not the best we had a fabulous time.

Curacao - We rented two jeeps....one got a flat tire and they were unable to fix it because of improper tools, so we went to Plan B and went to Kontiki Beach for the day. Very tropical and a very relaxing beach day. The locals in Curacao were extremely friendly and helpful. I definitely would like to go back.

St. Martin - We did Americas Cup. It was awesome...you will love it!!!! If you're prone to seasickness, take your medication. If you like Carib beer...Dawn beach is the place to go.

St. Thomas - We went on a day sail...which was also fabulous. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sounds like you have a great plan. Have fun!!!

We are going on the AOS on 2/27 and we are so excited! We are still up in the air about Aruba and Curacao but in St. Maarten we want to go over to Anguilla to Shoal Bay and in St. Thomas we are planning on going over to St. John.

Can someone tell me about America's Cup? I don't know what it is.

Thanks

Vanessa,

You get to be the crew for a sailboat...one that was actually used in an America's cup race! You race against at least one other ship. Everyone has a job on the ship....from hard ones like raising the sails, etc. to being the drink lady!

Immn,

We are thinking of going to the natural pool on our own...I guess we'll be in for an adventure! Can you do cliff jumping there? I think we saw a picture somewhere of that. We are from MN too! And now we are definately ready to leave with the cold weather back!

heidi

Immn,

I forgot to say that Curacao is actually the reason we booked this ship. All 8 of us that are going are Dutch. A couple of years ago my DH said that someday he wanted to go to Curacao because it was somewhere he hadn't heard much about and it was a Dutch island. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Curacao! We are looking forward to our Dutch cruise!

heidi

Immn,

We are thinking of going to the natural pool on our own...I guess we'll be in for an adventure! Can you do cliff jumping there? I think we saw a picture somewhere of that. We are from MN too! And now we are definately ready to leave with the cold weather back!

heidi

I'm not sure about cliff jumping. We were able to get to the natural pool, but the water was far to rough that day to get in the water. You are in for an adventure!!!! Be sure you have a good spare tire and the proper tools to change one. This is a very remote area...be careful!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I was wondering what you thought of High Pockets day dail (if you went with them). Just curious because you had previously mentioned that you were also with Winifred.

Reason I'm inquiring is because we booked Winifred for October and we had gone with fantasy last month and wanted to compare day sails also.

Your opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I was wondering what you thought of High Pockets day dail (if you went with them). Just curious because you had previously mentioned that you were also with Winifred.

Reason I'm inquiring is because we booked Winifred for October and we had gone with fantasy last month and wanted to compare day sails also.

Your opinion is appreciated. Thank you.

Andy

We were booked to sail High Pockets. Because of illness, Kathleen, the captain of High Pockets, set us up to go on the Independence. Initially, very disappointed. It was our choice of course, but we decided to give Independence a try. Pat and Tina were fabulous! It is a little bigger sailboat. The day was marginal, but our daysail was really fun. They were so nice...and were right on top of any of our needs. I would definitely book with Independence again. I really have to compliment High Pockets for making arrangements with Pat, who is a very experienced sailor...very kind...and just a great cook. Her assistant, Tina, was also great. She even went snorkeling with us. I've also sailed on the Winifred. Each sail is a little different experience depending on the weather and your cruisemates, but I would recommend either.

Thanks in advance!

heidi

I was on AOS - Feb 05 -- just one note..don't forget to wear something on your hair in Aruba. We rented a jeep and I couldn't take the wind...not only is Aruba windy, but in an open top jeep, yikes...I had my hair pulled back with a hair band but it still wrapped and my face and continued to slap me silly...hmm maybe that was the DDs....

We've been back now just over a month. Even though the weather is getting better here in MN, I do long for the carefree days of the cruise!

We did end up at the natural pool!! Yes, the terrain was very rugged and we had additional fun trying to find it in the first place! It was a definite highlight of our trip. You can jump off the rocks at the Natural Pool...it is 20 ft. deep. There was a guy from the Natural park there helping all of us. It was great!

I will try to check back if anyone else has other questions!

heidi

Archived