How much does a Shirley Temple cost?

I am 14 years old and I have never had a Shirley Temple or a Roy Rogers and I would llike to try one aboard the Elation in August. What is the price of these and other virgin drinks?

The drinks are very expensive and you will have to ask your parents because otherwise they will have a big surprise at the end of the cruise!

I am 14 years old and I have never had a Shirley Temple or a Roy Rogers and I would llike to try one aboard the Elation in August. What is the price of these and other virgin drinks?

Since the Roy Rogers and Shirley Temples are included with a soda card - paying individually for them would probably be around the same price (about $2 plus 15% tip). Non alcoholic smoothies are about $5 plus 15% gratuity.

My under-age daughter and her under-age friend bought Shirley Temple's at dinner on our Valor cruise back in March. I don't know if the bar mistress that served us just liked them and didn't charge extra, or if it was the real price, but they received their Shirley Temple's for the same price as a soda. And they loved them by the way! Hope you have a great time on Elation in August Young Cruiser! :)

The price of one should be the price of a can of soda since they just add cherry flavoring/ syrup. If you drink a lot of soda you should just ask your parents for a soda card so you can always get unlimited soda. I know when I cruised I love getting sherry temples. :)

Do what we do and bring your own soda on board and a bottle of grenadine for making Shirley Temples/Roy Rogers in the cabin. Only thing you are missing is the cherries...could snag some of those from the ice cream area.

Do what we do and bring your own soda on board and a bottle of grenadine for making Shirley Temples/Roy Rogers in the cabin. Only thing you are missing is the cherries...could snag some of those from the ice cream area.

Now you are talking. I hope you know that you started something here. Now have to find a small container for the grenadine and I am all set.

Yes. As long as you have a soda card, you can get Shirley Temples or other Sprite/Ginger Ale based "mixed" virgin drinks.

Thank you for your answer Little Miss Magic. Do you happen to know how much a soda card is for each child and for each adult? Or can we share a card if we don't drink too much?

Now you are talking. I hope you know that you started something here. Now have to find a small container for the grenadine and I am all set.

I was at Big Lots or Dollar Tree (can't remember) and they had the syrup in a plastic bottle in a 9oz size. Just put it inside a ziploc to make sure no leaking and put it in my carry-on bag so that should it be questioned, I would be there to answer what it was.

I bring my own soda anyway so why not spice it up a bit, LOL! Truth: I drank way more of them than my kids did. ;)

Thank you for your answer Little Miss Magic. Do you happen to know how much a soda card is for each child and for each adult? Or can we share a card if we don't drink too much?

I believe soda cards are $4.50 a day for kids and $6.00 a day for adults, plus gratuity of 15%. If you wait until the ship sails, you won't have to pay taxes. You cannot share a soda card, no matter how little you use it. Some people find creative ways to share though. As you are walking through the ship, stop at a bar and get a soda, then stop at the next bar and get another one. It's a bit of a pain though if you are just sitting out on an upper deck getting some sun and you have to make 2 trips down to get 2 drinks.

Think of the hundreds of dollars that some people spend purchasing the ship's photos and $50 for another card is not a big deal.

On the other hand, lemonade and iced tea is free all day and night and is self-serve.

I believe soda cards are $4.50 a day for kids and $6.00 a day for adults, plus gratuity of 15%. If you wait until the ship sails, you won't have to pay taxes. You cannot share a soda card, no matter how little you use it. Some people find creative ways to share though. As you are walking through the ship, stop at a bar and get a soda, then stop at the next bar and get another one. It's a bit of a pain though if you are just sitting out on an upper deck getting some sun and you have to make 2 trips down to get 2 drinks.

Think of the hundreds of dollars that some people spend purchasing the ship's photos and $50 for another card is not a big deal.

On the other hand, lemonade and iced tea is free all day and night and is self-serve.

Thank you Terreberre. I don't drink much soda but those Shirley Temples sure do sound good so I thought I might have one of my granddaughters get me one but I don't want to cheat.

I'm guessing I'm not allowed to buy the soda card for myself for just one day am I?

The drinks are very expensive and you will have to ask your parents because otherwise they will have a big surprise at the end of the cruise!

Young-Cruiser:

The drinks are the same price as a soda.

A ShirlyTemple is (usually) sprite and cherry juice (altho traditionally its GingerAil/Grenadine, which is pommagrante syrup)

And a RoyRogers is Coke/Cherry (traditionally Coke/Grenaidne)

So you have probably had one and did not even know it!

Get a soda card, they are good for any soda/juice/ST/RR/even juice/soda mix (my daughter drinks Cranberryjuice and sprite mixed)

Also, as I told my girls when they were your age, if your in the teen club, (or anywhere else) and you set your soda down, you can just go get another one, no worries about 'wasting a soda' ...it can be dangerous for a young girl to set her drink down and then come back and drink it, you never know if someone could have put something in it. And Im (sure your mom would agree) while you should have a good time, you can never be too careful.

:)

< stepping down off my "mom soapbox" >:)

Also, as I told my girls when they were your age, if your in the teen club, (or anywhere else) and you set your soda down, you can just go get another one, no worries about 'wasting a soda' ...it can be dangerous for a young girl to set her drink down and then come back and drink it, you never know if someone could have put something in it.

OMGosh. Fabulous advice !!

Archived