Tour options in Rangiroa

Gordo

I didn't notice any snorkel areas at all, sorry. There were several small rays in the shallows, which probably would make it worth bringing the snorkeling gear for. Most were just enjoying the warm waters (as you can see in the picture), but didn't see anyone snorkeling.

We heard back from another tour operator for Rangiroa. Here is the information:

We organize snorkeling everyday and we will be happy to take you with us to discover Tiputa Pass.

Each tour is at 3900 xpf per person includes equipment (approx $43 USD with today's exchange rate) .

Duration : around 1h30

Pick up by boat at 9h AM at the pier where you are landing.

Payment by cash in local money or Euros/USD www.xe.com rate + 500 xpf for bank change fees.

L'histoire d'une passion.

Yves Lefevre et les 20 000 plongées du Club à Rangiroa

B.P.55 Rangiroa

Polynésie française

Tél: +689 723 145

Fax:+689 698 560

Mailto: info@raiemantaclub.com

Web: www.raiemantaclub.com

We are interested in a longer tour so have asked about other options, but thought we would post this in case this meets others' needs.

Malcolm, we looked through your Oct 16th roll call and see that you have been a lot more successful in getting responses from Leon for his Rangiroa tours.

We sent him another email tonight since we have not heard back from him since his original response. If possible, we would appreciate if you have any additional contact with him if you would let him know that we are trying to arrange a tour for our group for October 30th as well?

Thanks for your help. Kimberly and Bill

Malcolm, we looked through your Oct 16th roll call and see that you have been a lot more successful in getting responses from Leon for his Rangiroa tours.

We sent him another email tonight since we have not heard back from him since his original response. If possible, we would appreciate if you have any additional contact with him if you would let him know that we are trying to arrange a tour for our group for October 30th as well?

Thanks for your help. Kimberly and Bill

Hi Kimberley,

They seem to be very hot and cold at answering emails, One day I got three emails from him, but I was forwarding a list of 12 names to him to confirm the names for our tour on the 20th and I have been waiting for 4 days for him to reconfirm.

I am going to send him another email today.

However like you and most others I think we always tend to expect email responses same day which is natural I guess. One thing I have noticed when ever I deal with somebody in Tahiti sometimes it takes a few days to get a response. I must admit though I have yet to try to call him.

His contact numbers are 689 96 02 57 and 689 79 24 63

Natacha also seems to repsond to some of the emails as well.

I have just been cut and pasting the reponses from him. So I guess you just need to check availability for the 30th and if it is ok just forward the names. The good thing he has two boats so he can conduct both tours on the same day.

I will in my next email say that a Lady by the name of Kimberley is trying to confirm a tour for the 30th , so to keep an eye out for the email.

Good luck for your cruise, planning is half the fun I found !!!

Cheers

Malcolm

Hi Kimberley,

They seem to be very hot and cold at answering emails,

I will in my next email say that a Lady by the name of Kimberley is trying to confirm a tour for the 30th , so to keep an eye out for the email.

Good luck for your cruise, planning is half the fun I found !!!

Cheers Malcolm

Malcolm, that seems to be our response experience as well. Thanks for offering to assist us. Kimberly

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the Oct.16 sailing and have not heard back from Leon. I e-mailed him on Aug.13 and again yesterday.I am just about ready to give up on him and also trying to get to the Pink Sands Beach. Malcolm seemed to have more results contacting him but he is busy getting ready for his wedding and isn't on the boards very much now.

Please let us know if you hear from Leon and I will do the same.

Thanks,

Sandra

Sandra - we have decided to look for other options for Rangiroa as we still have not received a response from Leon.

Here are two other options we are considering. They will both go to the blue lagoon or reef island - not sure which is the better option but since we would love to see dolphins at the pass they are recommending the reef island option.

Raie Manta Tours -

Pick up at the peer at the correct time according to the shuttle.

Transport 1 hours around to the excursion site

Food for lunch – bbq and drinks - lunch local type with coconut fish on bbq and coconut bread, very very good. Only bring a bottle of water.

Stop on the return to the Aquarium for snorkeling and if the dolphins are there, a tour into the Tiputa pass to observe them from the boat.

Don’t worry, I will organize the schedule according to yours.

7500 xpf per person.

Our contact at Raie Manta Tours is Freddie. From looking at their website I believe she schedules the trips and one of their scuba dive instructors runs the tour. Their website is http://www.raiemantaclub.com/index-uk.htm and their email address is raiemantaclub@mail.pf

Tereva Excursions

Yes, it's possible to do a blue lagoon tour or the reef island on October 30th. But, I suggest you to do the reef island if you want to make sure to see the dolphins at the pass, and do the snorkeling at the aquarium. We'll pick you up at 08:30AM/09:00AM and go back at 03:30 or 04:00PM. We'll spend one hour of boat for arriving.

At 12:00PM, we'll have lunch. At the lunch, we have chicken and fish grilled; with rice salad; a speciality of the island: fish/lemon; coconut bread; some fruits... and beverages (water; fruit juice, coffee...)... After the lunch; we'll do a shark feeding and the snorkeling when we'll go back.

7500 francs (in french polynesia).

Our contact is:Jean-Pierre Tavita not sure who conducts the tour. Mobile phone: (689)707138 Home number or Fax : (689)968251 Mail: terevaexcursions@mail.pf We do not have a website address.

Hope this helps with your planning. Kimberly

Gordo, how long did it take for you to get a response from Raie Manta? I tried to contact them from their website a few days ago but have heard nothing back. I notice the email address you have posted for them is a different one than the website provided so I have now forwarded my inquiry to that address. I am hoping to hear back from them regarding possibilities of a short snorkel tour to the aquarium (just like the 1.5 hour one you have mentioned earlier in your posts).

Banditoo - the contact has been intermittent from the tour operators in Rangiroa. Overall our best experience has been with Raie Manta. Freddie normally respond within a few days to all of our emails.

Hope this helps - Kimberly

Banditoo - the contact has been intermittent from the tour operators in Rangiroa. Overall our best experience has been with Raie Manta. Freddie normally respond within a few days to all of our emails.

Thanks Kimberly. I'll still hold out hope to hear back from Raie Manta. I have emailed them at both addresses so hopefully one will get to them and generate a reponse. 'raiemantaclub@mail.pf' 'rangiroa@raiemantaclub.com'

However, when I look at another one of your posts about them in this thread, I see yet another email address so will try that one too. info@raiemantaclub.com

Hi--read your posts on Trip Advisor also !! :D So---what are you doing ?? Are u taking the ship's tour or doing the above ?? I've been reading ALOT about the Blue Lagoon--would like to do that and the T. Pass --just sent Raie Manta an-email--Pls let me know ?? I do not want to miss a fish, turtle, or ray. Thank you !! I'm on the Dec 29 Royal Princess. Can't wait. Thnks again.

Hi--read your posts on Trip Advisor also !! :D So---what are you doing ?? Are u taking the ship's tour or doing the above ?? I've been reading ALOT about the Blue Lagoon--would like to do that and the T. Pass --just sent Raie Manta an-email--Pls let me know ?? I do not want to miss a fish, turtle, or ray. Thank you !! I'm on the Dec 29 Royal Princess. Can't wait. Thnks again.

I have now emailed Raie Manta at 3 different email addresses and am still holding out hope that they will reply back. Their website indicates they do have a 1.5 hour snorkel experience so I really just need them to confirm it is available the day we are in port. Others on our roll call have booked the full day with Terava but we already have too many full day snorkeling experiences booked for my husband's tolerance. I will let you know if I hear from Raie Manta and you do the same...maybe one of us will be successful!

I have now emailed Raie Manta at 3 different email addresses and am still holding out hope that they will reply back. Their website indicates they do have a 1.5 hour snorkel experience so I really just need them to confirm it is available the day we are in port. Others on our roll call have booked the full day with Terava but we already have too many full day snorkeling experiences booked for my husband's tolerance. I will let you know if I hear from Raie Manta and you do the same...maybe one of us will be successful!

Just to let everyone know that I have now heard back from Freddie at Raie Manta from the following email address. Raie Manta Club Rangiroa [raiemantaclub@mail.pf] . They are apparently having email connection problems. Freddie confirmed that they do offer 1.5 hour snorkel tours of the pass for individuals or small groups for 3900 xpf per person paid in cash on the day of tour. no deposit or minimum number of people required. Can take 10-12 max. Pick up and drop off at pier.

We want a longer experience than what the ship is offering so if we receive the confirmation back from Raie Manta we are going with them. We were originally planning to go with Princess for this stop, but they only offered the shorter options (1.5 hour tour). We felt that Princess needed more options for this remote destination.

I believe Raie Manta told us if we wanted to see the dolphins at the pass we would have to do Reef Island instead of the Blue Lagoon.

I know we want to spend as much time in the water snorkeling as possible.

We are on the Oct.16 sailing and have not heard back from Leon. I e-mailed him on Aug.13 and again yesterday.I am just about ready to give up on him and also trying to get to the Pink Sands Beach. Malcolm seemed to have more results contacting him but he is busy getting ready for his wedding and isn't on the boards very much now.

Please let us know if you hear from Leon and I will do the same.

Thanks,

Sandra

I emailed Leon the end of last week, and have already heard back from him about tours for February when we visit Rangiroa. We have decided on the pink sand beach excursion. I emailed him back promptly asking to book this tour and will let you know how many days it takes to get a response/confirmation.

We want a longer experience than what the ship is offering so if we receive the confirmation back from Raie Manta we are going with them. We were originally planning to go with Princess for this stop, but they only offered the shorter options (1.5 hour tour). We felt that Princess needed more options for this remote destination.

I believe Raie Manta told us if we wanted to see the dolphins at the pass we would have to do Reef Island instead of the Blue Lagoon.

Thanks 4 keeping in touch....Just heard back from Freddie re: this--I'm not thrilled at Princess either for a 1.5 hr tour when we're there fm 8-5.....I totally agree w/u that Princess needs more options---I just e-mailed back re: whether the Blue Lagooon is included--now I have my answer. I'm with you---We want 2 spend as much time in the water snorkelling as much as possible...I just e-mailed back re: the price for each xcursion, do you now exactly what Reef Island is??? Do u know if were gonna see lotsa fish ??? Thanks again!

I just googled the Reefs in Rangiroa (Ile aux recifs, Rangiroa)---all the sites say that the Reefs are great for snorkelling....But just so u can eat your heart out, they also showed a picture of the Blue Lagoon----it really IS a lagoon within a lagoon---I've put the website here----check it out....

http://www.theworldwidetraveler.com/destinations/pacific-oceania/polynesia/rangiroa/

ARE WE LUCKY OR WHAT

Archived