Show us Your Aft!

We had no problem at all on Navigator, and the hammock stayed out there for the whole 15 night cruise. I'm sure our room steward noticed it, but he never said anything about it. Also, I believe the couple in the opposite corner aft (7688) also had a hammock and left theirs up too on our TA.

The room stewards must be familiar with hammocks by now - Becciboo (and others I'm sure) have paved the way for the rest of us...:D

Judy

We got a brilliant deal for a Balcony Guarantee on a Charter on the Rhapsody (been back two weeks). We would normally take a full suite but this deal was exceptional so we threw caution to the wind - and we ended up with this amazing balcony cabin. We were even luckier because the day we left Sydney was the day of the Naval celebrations and we had absolute prime viewing - Sydney showcasing itself:). We loved this balcony but we are back on the Rhapsody in a few weeks and have a corner aft JS - they leave the overhead noise from being in a full suite on the Rhapsody for dead. I will put photos up of that when we get back.

We did get a little bit of noise from below (Save the Dance Lounge - it was the Cruise-n-Groove so it was expected) but I find it easier to sleep to music than the dragging of furniture.

Here it is: 7156

067_zpsfa392f57.jpg"]067_zpsfa392f57.jpg[/url]

and here's the cabin:

062_zps9ab3ea8e.jpg"]062_zps9ab3ea8e.jpg[/url]

Cheers

Di

We got a brilliant deal for a Balcony Guarantee on a Charter on the Rhapsody (been back two weeks). We would normally take a full suite but this deal was exceptional so we threw caution to the wind - and we ended up with this amazing balcony cabin. We were even luckier because the day we left Sydney was the day of the Naval celebrations and we had absolute prime viewing - Sydney showcasing itself:). We loved this balcony but we are back on the Rhapsody in a few weeks and have a corner aft JS - they leave the overhead noise from being in a full suite on the Rhapsody for dead. I will put photos up of that when we get back.

We did get a little bit of noise from below (Save the Dance Lounge - it was the Cruise-n-Groove so it was expected) but I find it easier to sleep to music than the dragging of furniture.

Here it is: 7156

and here's the cabin:

Cheers

Di

Wow Di, that's when you want the aft balcony...look at that view! I can't wait to get back to Sydney:D

We have Jewel corner aft 8168 in just a few weeks (Southern Caribbean) I will add photos to the treasure trove here after we sail! Since so many are asking about hammocks now, I'm going to include "upshots" for people to see what kinds of structures exist. Maybe we all can from here forward to make it easier for everyone to envision their own use of the cabin?

Will report back soon!

Wow Di, that's when you want the aft balcony...look at that view! I can't wait to get back to Sydney:D

We have Jewel corner aft 8168 in just a few weeks (Southern Caribbean) I will add photos to the treasure trove here after we sail! Since so many are asking about hammocks now, I'm going to include "upshots" for people to see what kinds of structures exist. Maybe we all can from here forward to make it easier for everyone to envision their own use of the cabin?

Will report back soon!

There were no good GS left for the Radiance on the September 2014 or April 2015 Pacific Crossings and after having that aft-balcony, we have booked 8168. JD (Radiance Concierge) went down and photographed it for me prior to booking. Do you want me to see if I can save the pics and then post them, or have you seen them?

Cheers

Di

Just another request for new pics of cabin 1100. We will be cruising on the Brilliance in August and really looking forward to this cabin and balcony.

Not sure what it looks like now but these are a few pics from November last year also you can see some additional balcony pics on page 13 post 250

Cruise2012backup1903_zpsc6895d47.jpg

Cruise2012backup1835_zpsa434a50e.jpg

Cruise2012backup1904_zpsb18d21ef.jpg

Cruise2012backup1905_zpscd0ac17b.jpg

Cruise2012backup1817_zpsf2a57f53.jpg

There were no good GS left for the Radiance on the September 2014 or April 2015 Pacific Crossings and after having that aft-balcony, we have booked 8168. JD (Radiance Concierge) went down and photographed it for me prior to booking. Do you want me to see if I can save the pics and then post them, or have you seen them?

Cheers

Di

Thanks Di- there are some pics of ROS 8168 (and maybe SOS) earlier on this thread, and I've stayed in JOS 8172 & 8160 in the past, so I have an idea of what we are in for;):D

I'm going to post the Jewel 8168 pics here after our cruise, because DH was wondering if there are 2 loungers out there, so I thought Id post so people will know that for JOS. If anyone has sailed JOS recently and knows, we'd love to know! We did have 2 loungers on JOS 8172 and 8160, the middle aft balconies, so I am hopeful that the corners will have them too:D

Not sure what it looks like now but these are a few pics from November last year also you can see some additional balcony pics on page 13 post 250

Cruise2012backup1903_zpsc6895d47.jpg

Cruise2012backup1835_zpsa434a50e.jpg

Cruise2012backup1904_zpsb18d21ef.jpg

Cruise2012backup1905_zpscd0ac17b.jpg

Cruise2012backup1817_zpsf2a57f53.jpg

Thanks for posting these pics of JS 1100. We will be sailing in this cabin on the Serenade in May for our Med/Greek Isles cruise and looking forward to our first corner aft! Really excited! :)

Dolfans from Miami

Did they change the floor in this cabin? I thought it was a beige color

I don't think cabin 7388 has a big table like that, does anyone know for sure? (on the explorer) ( picture of cabin 7688 on the EX from debhomespun)

Edited by cruizefam

Thanks Di- there are some pics of ROS 8168 (and maybe SOS) earlier on this thread, and I've stayed in JOS 8172 & 8160 in the past, so I have an idea of what we are in for;):D

I'm going to post the Jewel 8168 pics here after our cruise, because DH was wondering if there are 2 loungers out there, so I thought Id post so people will know that for JOS. If anyone has sailed JOS recently and knows, we'd love to know! We did have 2 loungers on JOS 8172 and 8160, the middle aft balconies, so I am hopeful that the corners will have them too:D

Hi, we had friends in ROS 8172 but those balconies were covered in, giving a cave-like feel (IMO). Anyway, this will answer your 2 loungers question:

ROS 8168

P1070434_zpsde4fde66.jpg"]P1070434_zpsde4fde66.jpg[/url]

Cheers

Di

Thanks Di,

Hopefully, Jewel will have the same:D Yes, we did find that there was a shady spot on JOS 8172; There is a significant overhang. I kind of liked that you could find a spot of shade no matter what time of day, if you moved the chairs around, so I hope the more open style is ok for me. DH really wanted the ability to see more than one side of the ship- hes a photographer and often likes to move around with the sun, so being able to stand on the port side and see in that direction is something he will like! I will just have to bring my sunscreen!

Hi Steve,

You'll love that corner aft even more with a hammock!:D (My only regret is that the hammock didn't have a built in Kindle holder and drink holder.) Buz bought the hammock on Amazon - about $20 and the name of it was La Paz something. It's woven cotton as he didn't want nylon or poly (too sweaty.) He also bought a hammock hanging kit at Academy for about $15 that supplied the ropes.

He's tall enough (6'1") that he was able to just kind of toss the ropes through the holes in the beams you see below. He didn't have to stand on a chair to reach the openings, but that could be done. (But use the sturdy one from inside the cabin!) This was 7388 on Navigator, but I think that Voyager class and Freedom class ships have the same structure on the aft, so it should be pretty similar on Freedom.

If you need more info, he'd be delighted to advise you (he's quite proud of his hammock installation!;)) you can email him at goodrich@telepath.com. (He's upstairs mudding sheetrock in our soon-to-be-redone guest bathroom right now, so I've been instructed not to interrupt him.:eek:)

Judy

Hammock2.jpg

Hammockhanging1.jpg

Excellent! Thank you so much for the information!

This is 7688 on Explorer. Taken from the 10-13-13 sailing.

DSC01475_zpsb2a8c928.jpg

Thanks' date=' that will be our cabin on our Dec. 12th cruise. Can't get enough pictures of it.....:p Can't wait either. Our first aft, and a corner one at that. :D Changed cabins 5 times to get it. :o

Gwen :)

[/size']

Will we be able to install a hammock on the balcony of 1388 on the Explorer? That looks fantastic! I don't want to take one if there is no way to install it.

We think it would be a cinch on the deck 7 corner afts on Voyager class ships (which would include Explorer), but we don't know about the deck 10 afts' superstructure. There were 'holes' in the beams over the deck 7 corner aft balcony, and we don't know if the same 'holes' are there on 1388's balcony. Sorry we can't help you with the deck 10 corner aft...we've never been in that one!:( Maybe someday....:)