Travel from Vancouver, B.C. to Seattle

okiedrifters

Hi to all!

We are looking at a last minute cruise to Alaska leaving from SEA and returning to Vancouver. Since we are taking our 2 adult children and a teenage grandson, I am looking for the least expensive way to get back to Seattle.

If you have also done this or have suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance and happy cruisn' ....

ej

Other than flying, you have three options:

Renting a car and driving...done all the time.

Quick Coach ... a shuttle that has departures from Canada Place.

Amtrak .... which has a southbound train that leaves in the late afternoon, it is scenic and perhaps a novelty for your children, it will also give you some time to explore Vancouver.

We rented a car and drove to Seattle. Had to wait at customs in a long line but other than that, it was a nice and easy drive.

Make sure you have a good map as some of the highways were a little confusing as you are trying to leave Vancouver.

For 5 people I think a rental will end up being cheapest.

DH and I drove it when we arrived at Vancouver and were flying back via Seattle. We both thought it was a really nice drive, although as mentioned, allow time for a wait at customs.

Last September we had to go from Seattle to Vancouver to take a repo cruise to LA. We had planned on taking the train but somebody on CC posted that Princess was running an incredible special for a one night cruise from Seattle to Vancouver with Suites for only $49. My sister and her kids enjoyed coming with us to Vancouver and took a bus back to Seattle. The train was sold out.

Look and see who is having one night cruises to Seattle. It may cost less than the train. I figure for $49, it saved me a hotel and meals and train or car rental-not to mention the great entertainment onboard. Great way to go.

For 5 people I think a rental will end up being cheapest.

It would be close 4 adults and 1 teenager would be $198 in coach...my guess that with rental, drop fee and fuel it would be something a bit more than that, plus the train is much less stressfull than driving down I-5 to Seattle.

We have done this several times -- we have used the ship's transfers -- whiched worked well for us. The last time we did this the bus was sealed when we were ready to leave Vancouver. When we got to the border it was a quick check there since the bus was sealed and we just zipped through to the airport.

Archived