Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

feetnlegs

Grandeur Rooms - Unpleasant Odor?

I'm holding a room on Deck 2 on the Grandeur later this Spring. I've been reading some boards and have heard comments that there is a smell of sewage on Decks 2-4 on this boat. Has anyone out there experienced this? Is it so bad that I should consider taking another cruise (don't want to spend as much as would be necessary to get a room on a higher deck)? I would also like to hear from anyone who DIDN'T have a problem. Right now, we have room 2063. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Serena

I noticed a smell one night.......asked my DH just now and he can't even remember it.......lol.............guess it wasn't bad enough to even be a distant memory for him.........:)

I loved the Grandeur and wouldn't hesitate in cruising on her again.......just happens that I got a deal on the Splendour this time that I couldn't resist......:)

Sharlene

It sounds like sometimes it's there - sometimes it's not. I just hope we don't run into it - we'll have a good time regardless I'm sure! :D

We sailed on the Grandeur 12/03. We were in a Category I cabin (don't know what deck). And yes, we had the sewer smell. I don't think it's bad enough to consider changing ships, but I would recommend bringing along a Glade Plug-In - or two! I wish I had! It's beyond me why that odor can not be remedied! We noticed it in most hallways of the ship.