Golden & Sapphire - Tracy Arm

Denali2003

Hello -- this goes out to anyone who was on either the Sapphire or Golden on July 21st - as the Golden & Sapphire passed each other in Tracy Arm.

Do you happen to have a video of the 2 ships passing each other? My DH thought he had taped it, but he did not. I only have pictures, but would love to see a video of it.

That was a cool experience. People on BOTH ships were out on deck, on their balconies waving at each other, whistling, "whooooooooing". It was pretty cool.

Thanks!!! :D

Go to youtube and type in "Golden Princess passes Sapphire" and see if anyone posted anything recently. Last time I was on youtube there were some videos of the Golden Princess passing the Star Princess (her sister ship) and they were pretty cool. If you can't find one from your cruise you can at least find one that will help you relive the experience.

Lilac -- how did you like the cruise? Did you hear anything about that person who got sick in Skagway and had to be taken to Juneau? I had taken a nap after the announcement that the ship was leaving 2 hrs late.

DH & I were standing at the front of the ship when the Golden passed. It was cool. The pics are in my webshots - link in signature.:)

No we didn't hear what happened with the ill person.

We had a great time although we saw a lot more wildlife on our first Alaska cruise from Seward to Vancouver. There were six of us and we all enjoyed the cruise, our waiters, our cabin attendant and our excursions. After reading these boards I was worried about the food but turned out that I enjoyed all but one dish duirng our traditional dining, the venison. Did not like the coffee and Horizon Ct was okay, nothing special.

You have some great shots of the cruise! Looks like you had a good share of viewing wildlife. Was that on the "Wildlife" tour that has some walking? We wanted to do that but my 83 year old mom wouldn't have been able to do all the walking. :)

Denali,

The good news, Yes I do have footage. The bad news, I bought the camera the night before the cruise and I am still trying to figure out how to put video to dvd and edit and put parts online and...........

I will keep working on it and try to get you what I have by the weekend.

Dave

ok kelley, we are closer. I tried to upload the vid to cruise critic, but apparently its not taking, so I must be doing something wrong. Its 1215 at night and i have to be at work at 7 in the am so I will work on this somemore when I get home from work.

Dave

Lilac - The only "wildlife" excursion we did was whale watching in Juneau. In Skagway we went kayaking - just happened to see a bear on the way back to town. It was cool!!!

FourAces -- THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! DH bought our camera before we did a Med cruise in Nov 2009. He has the camera on a lanyard, so when he thought it was off, it was recording. have some great shots of his nose, our guide's nose, the sky -- hehehehehehe. He's still trying to figure it out. He has the cables to hook it to the TV and we could watch (what little video he took) it on the tv. It's also an HD video camera.

Below are the links that take you to the pics I took of the Golden.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2851463670105996392VJoZkM

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2869212210105996392wHiaCl

Looking at those pictures - never wonder if YOU are in someone else's pictures? You know how when you get home and look at your pics, and people ask "who's that?" you say "don't know, they were just there." My step-daughters asked that question on the trip - of wondering if they were in someone elses photo albums.

Sorry for babbling - it's very early in the morning and I tend to babble in the morning.:o

Oh -- Lilac & FourAces, if you have QuickTime, I can e-mail you the video I took of the bear playing in the water. Now that was cool!!

You have some great shots of the cruise!
I took a great tip from a friend. Take pictures of everything then weed out the bad ones. I took approx 685 pictures on this trip. My friend - met her on our Med cruise back in Nov 2009. The cruise was 12 days. She was in Rome for 3 days prior to the cruise, 2 days after, then went to Belgium. During her whole vacation, she took roughly 2,000+ pictures. By the 2nd the last day of the cruise (so approx 12 days into her vacation) she had taken 1,300 pictures. She still had an overnight trip to Cairo and the rest of her vacation.

Wish I had that tip at the beginning of our Med cruise. I only took pictures of interesting thing. Wish I had taken pictures of more things that I thought are cute or just hmmmmmm, what is that?

There were some instances when we were in some of the bascilias in Rome, that I thought it was inappropriate to take pictures inside. I took a few, but still thought is was being disrespectful.

In one of the bascilias there is a bronze statue of Baby Jesus. The legend is if you are (or know of someone) who is pregnant or has a sick baby, you say a prayer for that person in front of the statue and if he changes color, your prayer was answered.

Before I took that cruise my cousin just had her son (2 months old) and he had Colic, she wasn't getting any sleep - maybe 2 hrs a night. I said a prayer in front of the Baby Jesus. He didn't change colors - but when I got home, heard that her son was all better and sleeping through the night and so was my cousin. You never know.

Hello -- this goes out to anyone who was on either the Sapphire or Golden on July 21st - as the Golden & Sapphire passed each other in Tracy Arm.

Do you happen to have a video of the 2 ships passing each other? My DH thought he had taped it, but he did not. I only have pictures, but would love to see a video of it.

That was a cool experience. People on BOTH ships were out on deck, on their balconies waving at each other, whistling, "whooooooooing". It was pretty cool.

Thanks!!! :D

I've got it on video. Now - when I learn how to download the video onto the computer, I can email it to you. It is amazing the level of sound on the video. I will save this thread in my Favourites and, as soon as I can figure it out (I am a new videographer), I will certainly send it to you.

Ok, Kelley, I think this worked woohoo. Its on you tube, if you want a copy of it we can work together, and perhaps send you an email with it or just put it onto disk and snail mail it to you. Let me know what you think

Dave

Wow you guys were a lot more lively then our cruise. My kids said there was some whooping on our sailby but not like this. Almost wished I stayed on the ship :D

Ok, Kelley, I think this worked woohoo. Its on you tube, if you want a copy of it we can work together, and perhaps send you an email with it or just put it onto disk and snail mail it to you. Let me know what you think

Dave

FourAces -- I watched it. I was smiling the whole time while watching it. :D It was alot of fun and cool.

Talked to DH - can you e-mail me (address in signature) he has some questions.

Thank you for putting the video up. It was great seeing it again!!!!!!:D

Archived